By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Alex Ferguson Retires. :-)

Happy and sat

Around the Network

I half thought the was going to be manage of Man U until his dying day. Well done, Fergie, enjoy the retirement.

As a replacement, Jose has jumped straight to the top of bookies odds, while I think Ole Gunnar might get it.

Hmm, pie.

That would be something if Jose replaced him.. I want to see that..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

About time.

He's done a great job but those trophies are expected when you run one of the wealthiest clubs in the world right?
So actually, he just did his job.

Now, as the speculations start, any chance they might snatch Frank de Boer away from Ajax?

weaveworld said:

those trophies are expected when you run one of the wealthiest clubs in the world right?

OH COME ON. There's SO much competition in England from clubs just as rich as Man U. Not to mention the european sliverware. He's been the greatest manager ever.

And I don't like Man U at all. Just being realistic.

Around the Network
weaveworld said:

Now, as the speculations start, any chance they might snatch Frank de Boer away from Ajax?

Reported for a ridicilous suggestion.. Frank is een Ajacied!!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

weaveworld said:
He's done a great job but those trophies are expected when you run one of the wealthiest clubs in the world right?

Yeah because when he took over, Man U were winning every season in the top flight of the English league, he made them the richest club.

kowenicki said:

Hope Jose doesnt go... I like him, if he goes hthere i will have to hate him.

Take Moyes... I want to watch him ruin the place.

Moyes is likely to suceed there though, no money at Everton yet still he pushes for European spots every year. Imagine what he could do with money... you'd think you your bias you were a Liverpool fan or something.

kowenicki said:

Fergie was never very good in Europe.  Two Champions leagues in 27 years is pretty poor given the domestic dominance.  He has underachieved in Europe, I think even he would admit that.

Yeah, he didn't even with the EUFA Cup.

Hmm, pie.

Sad but he deserves a happy retirement.

kowenicki said:

1. No he didnt, SKY did.  It just so happens his success co-incided exactly with the massive upturn in revenue from SKY et al.

2. If I was pushed to support a prem team it would be liverpool actually, this doesnt alter thast fact that Moyes is over rated.  You'll see.  2nd highest paid manager in the prem and has spent plenty... usually badly and never won a single trophy.  Royle managed it with much less, why hasn't he?  All Moyes has brought the the prem is dogmatic and unattractive football.  You might say he cant do anyting else with what he has to work with, I say this is an illusion and he gets the players he wants to play the style he wants to play.

3. Fergie didn't even win the UEFA cup?  is this sarcasm?  He wasnt in the UEFA cup, he was almost always in the champions leage... where he usually failed, last season (11/12) was a fine example of massive under achievement in Europe.

If it was just SKY then why were other Clubs in the prem not fithy rich too? Where was Southampton's glorious millions that gave them the ability to buy players for 15 million a pop to sit on the bench? The success of Man U in the early 90s was a key factor, while coinciding with SKY's tv deals also with world wide expansion of media coverage, promoting the 'Beckham' brand for example around the world pulled in millions for Man U.

Isn't that all any manager does? You have a certain style of play that works for you, Moyes has worked that well into Everton (see Harry Redknapp for example his policy is to milk the club for all it's worth and then ruin them). That said, I don't think he'd be right for Man U mind you, he's good but just don't think he'd fit.

Little sarcasm, yeah but it's true. The EUFA Cup is 'easier' compared to the Champions League and the years they were in it, they still didn't win it. It's like he couldn't be bothered with it. Some clubs would love to be in it and win it.

Hmm, pie.

MU really should go after Mourinho. I don't see anyone else as capable as Fergie available in the market in july.

Of course, it won't be cheap.