By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Conference is Dead, Long Live the Wii U Software Showcase!

Welp, now that Microsoft and Sony have announced their traditional E3 mega-conferences, Nintendo has finally given out their E3 invitations.

Called the "Wii U Software Showcase", the event will allow the gaming media to get an early look at the Wii U software coming for the console.

(From GoNintendo)

This year, Nintendo is taking a different approach to E3.
We’re giving you the chance to get closer to the games
through a unique hands-on experience
at our booth before the show opens.

Featuring remarks from
Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie Fils-Aime

Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Registration Begins – 9:45 a.m.
Opening Remarks – 10:30 a.m.
Game Play and Q&A – 11 a.m.

And the official image (from IGN)

Keep in mind, Nintendo has already stated that they will have multiple smaller-scale conferences. We'll see what they have for the 3DS as we get closer to June.

Around the Network

Likely going to be similar to that one 3DS direct they had right before the press conference.

We will know before they get to play it, but they will be able to play it right after the annoucements and all that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

E3 has been pretty lackluster each year anyway - although I do not deny the importance of it.

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

So long as the big Direct comes before that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

wouldnt it be great if they let wii u owners download those demos that are going to be playable at e3 this year... I mean it would be a great way to thank early adopters upset by lack of 1st party games, and at the same time it keeps attention away from MS and Sony.

Around the Network

This E3 is crucial for Nintendo. Wii U momentum can be achieved with the right games, and maybe a small price cut.

My body is ready...or at least the body of the journalists should be ready

imma be in gameplay watching heaven E3 week.

polingolingo said:
wouldnt it be great if they let wii u owners download those demos that are going to be playable at e3 this year... I mean it would be a great way to thank early adopters upset by lack of 1st party games, and at the same time it keeps attention away from MS and Sony.

This would "win" E3 for me. It wouldn't even matter what Sony and MS just showed because Nintendo would be letting us play the games. They would have trailers and impression videos......but the gamers would have their hands on the games. I don't have a 3DS so correct me if I'm wrong.....but didn't Nintendo do something like this last year with the 3DS at E3? 

Also, Iwata said "Apart from these exclusive events for visitors, we are continuing to investigate ways to deliver information about our games directly to our home audience around the time of E3."  He mentioned Nintendo Direct, and we all know that is how they are going to announce things.....so why make this statement?

It gives me hope that they will have the E3 demos on the eShop, if only a couple and not all of them. It is very optimistic and has a high potential of not being true, so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I'll be happy just watching the videos over and over again.

Hopefully this is available on the event floor. I want to be able to play some of their new titles when I'm there. =)