By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA and Disney Announce Star Wars Partnership!

wfz said:
the_dengle said:
VGKing said:

Parnership states that that they're creating games for the core audience. So just because Disney has games like Epic Mickey and Infinity, it doesn't mean the new Star Wars games will end up on Wii U.

Er

It also states that EA-published games will be "spanning all interactive platforms."

I believe it means that they are given the power to, not that they are forced to include every platform. That being said, hopefully the games end up on Wii U as well.

But that's what I was saying initially -- I doubt that EA has been "given the power" to do much. It's possible they have full control, or a lot of control. It's also possible that Disney is telling them exactly what to do and letting EA determine how to do it.

In other words -- Disney says make KOTOR 3 for 720, PS4, Wii U, and PC. EA says but we don't waaannnnaaa make games for Wii U. Disney says TOO BAD BITCH DO IT ANYWAY. Then EA gives KOTOR 3 to Bioware and handles funding and marketing and all that -- but Disney is the one pulling the strings.

Around the Network

KOTOR 3 + Battlefield 3 + 131....3

Seems like a great match. EA have enough resources to throw behind Star Wars game to make them great. The universe is perfect for making games, it is just a shame that so few of them have been great, now EA can do that.

But, it does seem that I am in the minority trusting EA to deliver quality products, let's hope I am right in this case

crissindahouse said:
Mr Khan said:
All the more reason to get EA bankrupt now

i wonder what you would do with a user saying that about nintendo. i bet he would get banned f

Fair enough.

Though this conversation will be revisited when they start announcing star wars games for every platform under the sun but Wii U and 3DS

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

IS this real? EA? Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?
Bioware and DICE though - sounds like something good might possibly happen

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Dice, BioWare and Visceral?

I know I'm asking to get stung, but I'm going to allow myself to be slightly optimistic, mainly because it's at least a chance for something decent to be created.

Kotor 3, Battlefront 3, 1313 + Republic Commando 2 would be my dream though, however unlikely.

Around the Network

Cant wait for all the Battlefront 3 DLC!

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I'm not getting my hopes up, given all the recent Disney-Star Wars fuck ups.
But.
An open world Star Wars game would be a real dream come true ;_; (and don't even start with the MMO crap with me)

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

It looks like Disney found the best farmer to milk to the last drop the cow they just bought.

graphically will be gorgeous, but it will come with tons of DLCs, infinite sequences and will not be on Wii U

Click HERE and be happy 

Mr Khan said:
crissindahouse said:
Mr Khan said:
All the more reason to get EA bankrupt now

i wonder what you would do with a user saying that about nintendo. i bet he would get banned f

Fair enough.

Though this conversation will be revisited when they start announcing star wars games for every platform under the sun but Wii U and 3DS

Just get a different console if all this bothers you so much.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!