By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Playstation Fans upset with Microsoft for getting all dem PS2 Exclusives on Xbox 360?

It's OK to have games multiplat if they can sell better and keep being major franchises. Japanese games coming exclusively to 360 after having been supported by playstation gamers for years is unforgivable treachery. Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4 will live forever in infamy as a black mark in the record of their respective publishers, and Microsoft's as well.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
sony back in the ps1 days= 3rd party scoundrels.

What makes you say that?

maximrace said:
ofcourse they are upset. Xbox fans would be upset too if gears went multiplat. It's a normal reaction although some are overeacting

Gears did technically go Multi-Platform (On to the PC), albeit only the first game in the franchise, it was pretty much shunned though with relying on Games for Windows Live and having another game abusing the Unreal Engine which in turn supports the PC poorly. (Although being developed by Epic, was understandable.)
Heck, even Halo and Fable have had Multi-Platform releases.
Alan Wake got a PC release too, so if You're a PC gamer you don't really miss out on much when it comes to Xbox exclusives.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

NobleTeam360 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:
The good ole days when PS kids got angry over a game like Final Fantasy coming to the Xbox.

I have to give it to Xbox fans though, they seem to be more stoic in general compared to Sony fans. After all those years of Xbox fans assuring that there was no way for Mass Effect 1 & 2 coming to PS3, they simply shut down in silence when the thing happened without showing words or emotions. Not a single word, not even to acknowledge they were wrong.

I could've cared less if Mass Effect went to PS3. I still got to play it on my 360 regardless. 

Final Fantasy and Mass Effect dont match up. That FF announcement was the biggest shocker this gen. The announcement is still unmatched

Porcupine_I said:
For a minute there i though someone had revived a necro thread.

Me too...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Mr Puggsly said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I am actually happy, happy for the industry. Publishers need the Xbox to help move their games.

Fixed.

You should also know 360 has sold more exclusives than the PS3. So they would play the more desirable 360 software.

That is false. Final Fantasy has sold in the PS2 millions over what Final Fantasy XIII ever did with Xbox360 and PS3 combined. If you want to argue that that was because of FFXIII supposed crappiness, then you have no choice but to recognize that selling the most numbers of copies in a franchise is not an issue of releasing in multiple platforms but a matter of quality.

PS3 has more million sellers from different franchises and genres than X360 and the most diserable console right now is the PS3 and sells show it weekly. Gamers come to Playstation for variety and that shows in software sells and the franchises' split sells.

Mr Puggsly said:
NiKKoM said:
I'm more upset with people claiming the quality went down because it went multiplatform.. They just need to see that their beloved company/franchise would have been equally crappy if it stayed exclusive

These are the same people that pretend Killzone, Uncharted, Journey, and MGS 4 are fun.

If you find that those games aren't fun, that is irrelevant to the opinion of others.  You actually think that everyone thinks like you do, that your opinion is actually a reflection of everyone else's and that claiming to have one different to yours is just a mere pretension? You are immerse in yourself to the extent of delusion.

I don't see your point about Final Fantasy. But my point was PS3 sales were much lower than PS2 so publishers that used to rely on Sony moved to Xbox as well.

The Xbox has million seller shooters, action adventure, RPGs, music rhythm games, sports (basketball, football, soccer, MMA, wrastlin'), racing, fighting, etc. The 360 also succeed where the PS3 failed, motion gaming. There are various genres that have also done well in Live Arcade. So clearly the 360 userbase does enjoy variety and you're clearly babbling about something you don't know about.

Obviously that was subjective. But the truth is fans are less critical about exclusives on their preferred console.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

AbbathTheGrim said:
Ronster316 said:

How many 1ST PARTY games did sony have when the ps1 first hit the market and up to a year following it's release?

Garbage like porsche challenge........ THATS WHAT. (don't start talking about Tekken, parappa the crapper and all that 2nd/3rd party nonsense)

Multiplatform games made sony what they are today....... well, those and a bottomless pit of money of course.

sony fans should not begrudge anybody anything considering the dodgy way they made it big in this business.

I like it how you limit the time frame to your taste. What is important is that even though Sony had complete control of console sells they still pushed forward and developed first party IPs during the PS1 and PS2 days, in spite of excerising complete domination over the competition:

Ape Escape

Jak & Daxter

Ico & SOTC

Grand Turismo

God of War

Syphon Filter

MediEvil

Killzone

Siren

And without counting second party offerings.

Games like God of War, Killzone (which is average anyway) and siren were around during the PS1 days? thats news to me.

Gran Turismo came out a good THREE years after the ps1's release.

Face facts.......... 3rd party developers saved sonys bacon during the ps1 days. (and sonys deep pockets)

Again....... the sony mob should NOT be complaining about 3rd party games going multiplatform.

AbbathTheGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:
The good ole days when PS kids got angry over a game like Final Fantasy coming to the Xbox.

I have to give it to Xbox fans though, they seem to be more stoic in general compared to Sony fans. After all those years of Xbox fans assuring that there was no way for Mass Effect 1 & 2 coming to PS3, they simply shut down in silence when the thing happened without showing words or emotions. Not a single word, not even to acknowledge they were wrong.

Nobody was surprised Mass Effect went multiplat when EA got a hold of it. If anything some of us thought MS might have exclusivity on the trilogy. But that turned out to be the case.

In fact, if you look back you'll see 360 fans suggesting PS3 fans to play it. Its no secret which fanbase is more mature about things like that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Nobody was surprised when because EA got a hold of Mass Effect. How many exclusives has EA been responsible for this gen?

In fact, if you look back you'll see 360 fans suggesting PS3 fans to play it. Its no secret which fanbase is more mature about things like that.

This thread is proving just that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ronster316 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Ronster316 said:

How many 1ST PARTY games did sony have when the ps1 first hit the market and up to a year following it's release?

Garbage like porsche challenge........ THATS WHAT. (don't start talking about Tekken, parappa the crapper and all that 2nd/3rd party nonsense)

Multiplatform games made sony what they are today....... well, those and a bottomless pit of money of course.

sony fans should not begrudge anybody anything considering the dodgy way they made it big in this business.

I like it how you limit the time frame to your taste. What is important is that even though Sony had complete control of console sells they still pushed forward and developed first party IPs during the PS1 and PS2 days, in spite of excerising complete domination over the competition:

Ape Escape

Jak & Daxter

Ico & SOTC

Grand Turismo

God of War

Syphon Filter

MediEvil

Killzone

Siren

And without counting second party offerings.

Games like God of War, Killzone (which is average anyway) and siren were around during the PS1 days? thats news to me.

Gran Turismo came out a good THREE years after the ps1's release.

Face facts.......... 3rd party developers saved sonys bacon during the ps1 days. (and sonys deep pockets)

Again....... the sony mob should NOT be complaining about 3rd party games going multiplatform.

Damn! Your engine is full today ;)

what do you mean they saved Sony? Wasnt that the smartest move developers could make back then being that Sony provided a platform for so many different types of games to flourish on like never before?