By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Playstation Fans upset with Microsoft for getting all dem PS2 Exclusives on Xbox 360?

NiKKoM said:
I'm more upset with people claiming the quality went down because it went multiplatform.. They just need to see that their beloved company/franchise would have been equally crappy if it stayed exclusive

^ this

instead of just enjoying the series they loved they are too busy comparing to the other. 

the xbox side are like the old man trying to hold on to his 3 hairs so when one leaves him closer to baldness but hell continue playing them even if he has to  glue it back after falling off

the sony side are like selfish petulant child that has a lot of toys they never played but get mad when their parent gives it to their sibling then they throw a tantrum and dont want it no more

the  gaming industry need to  grow up or learn that adding a toupe is not so bad

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Ronster316 said:

How many 1ST PARTY games did sony have when the ps1 first hit the market and up to a year following it's release?

Garbage like porsche challenge........ THATS WHAT. (don't start talking about Tekken, parappa the crapper and all that 2nd/3rd party nonsense)

Multiplatform games made sony what they are today....... well, those and a bottomless pit of money of course.

sony fans should not begrudge anybody anything considering the dodgy way they made it big in this business.

I like it how you limit the time frame to your taste. What is important is that even though Sony had complete control of console sells they still pushed forward and developed first party IPs during the PS1 and PS2 days, in spite of excerising complete domination over the competition:

Ape Escape

Jak & Daxter

Ico & SOTC

Grand Turismo

God of War

Syphon Filter

MediEvil

Killzone

Siren

And without counting second party offerings.

Games like God of War, Killzone (which is average anyway) and siren were around during the PS1 days? thats news to me.

Gran Turismo came out a good THREE years after the ps1's release.

Face facts.......... 3rd party developers saved sonys bacon during the ps1 days. (and sonys deep pockets)

Again....... the sony mob should NOT be complaining about 3rd party games going multiplatform.

Damn! Your engine is full today ;)

what do you mean they saved Sony? Wasnt that the smartest move developers could make back then being that Sony provided a platform for so many different types ogof games to flourish on like never before?

For the first 2-3 years of ps1's life minimum......... sonys 1ST party offerings were a pile of crud.

Sonys so called vision and innovations (or there lack of) did not change the landscape of videogames.

Also........ by many different type of games, i assume you are referring to mostly 3D?

Ever heard of Virtua Racing or Virtua Fighter? the world of videogames at that time was naturally moving towards a 3D playground anyway.

I will NOT give sony credit for ANYTHING positive that has happened in the world of videogames (well, nothing that matters to me anyway)

Nah, broski

The ps1 DEFINITELY catapulted this industry forward. The ps1 is a Sony product so therefore Sony gets the credit for that

See my "Chelsea & Manchester City" comment above.

Mr Puggsly said:
Ajescent said:
Mr Puggsly said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:
The good ole days when PS kids got angry over a game like Final Fantasy coming to the Xbox.

I have to give it to Xbox fans though, they seem to be more stoic in general compared to Sony fans. After all those years of Xbox fans assuring that there was no way for Mass Effect 1 & 2 coming to PS3, they simply shut down in silence when the thing happened without showing words or emotions. Not a single word, not even to acknowledge they were wrong.

Nobody was surprised when because EA got a hold of Mass Effect. How many exclusives has EA been responsible for this gen?

In fact, if you look back you'll see 360 fans suggesting PS3 fans to play it. Its no secret which fanbase is more mature about things like that.

This thread is proving just that.

Indignation. I think that's what this thread is.

Either way, we don't see a whole lot of it. To the contrary, we see lots Somini posting blogs bashing the 360.

No it's more about your posts and how you act that proves how immature you are. Generalizing a whole userbase of over 77 million just by some threads on the internet even though you can see immature xbox threads and replies too. This mature comment also makes no sense when the average age of a PS3 user is higher on PS3 than 360.

Ajescent said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony for me are the equivalent of the Chelsea's & Manchester City's of this world.

In other worlds they did not EARN their success, they BOUGHT their success just like Chelsea and City bought the premiership title.

So...Sony are the only ones to buy their success? Not anyone else?

In the world of Videogames......... YES, they were the first (Microsft too of course, not gonna defend them by any means)

But by sony been the first, they are my most loathed.

Ronster316 said:
Sony for me are the equivalent of the Chelsea's & Manchester City's of this world.

In other worlds they did not EARN their success, they BOUGHT their success just like Chelsea and City bought the premiership title.

yeh cause microsoft didn't buy anything

cough

cod dlc

splinter cell

gears of war

finalfantasy

gta

tomb raider dlc

tony hawk pro skater hd

pretty much every jrpg from 2005-2010

or nintendo

monster hunter

fatal frame

resident evil

pretty harsh to pick on sony, considering everyone is doing it

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Ronster316 said:

How many 1ST PARTY games did sony have when the ps1 first hit the market and up to a year following it's release?

Garbage like porsche challenge........ THATS WHAT. (don't start talking about Tekken, parappa the crapper and all that 2nd/3rd party nonsense)

Multiplatform games made sony what they are today....... well, those and a bottomless pit of money of course.

sony fans should not begrudge anybody anything considering the dodgy way they made it big in this business.

I like it how you limit the time frame to your taste. What is important is that even though Sony had complete control of console sells they still pushed forward and developed first party IPs during the PS1 and PS2 days, in spite of excerising complete domination over the competition:

Ape Escape

Jak & Daxter

Ico & SOTC

Grand Turismo

God of War

Syphon Filter

MediEvil

Killzone

Siren

Games like God of War, Killzone (which is average anyway) and siren were around during the PS1 days? thats news to me.

Face facts.......... 3rd party developers saved sonys bacon during the ps1 days. (and sonys deep pockets)

Again....... the sony mob should NOT be complaining about 3rd party games going multiplatform.

what do you mean they saved Sony? Wasnt that the smartest move developers could make back then being that Sony provided a platform for so many different types ogof games to flourish on like never before?

For the first 2-3 years of ps1's life minimum......... sonys 1ST party offerings were a pile of crud.

Sonys so called vision and innovations (or there lack of) did not change the landscape of videogames.

Also........ by many different type of games, i assume you are referring to mostly 3D?

Ever heard of Virtua Racing or Virtua Fighter? the world of videogames at that time was naturally moving towards a 3D playground anyway.

I will NOT give sony credit for ANYTHING positive that has happened in the world of videogames (well, nothing that matters to me anyway)

Nah, broski

The ps1 DEFINITELY catapulted this industry forward. The ps1 is a Sony product so therefore Sony gets the credit for that

So you think that all those games on PlayStation were originslly going to be on Sega Saturn but Sony snatched up and forced money down their throats for them to be exclusive? got any links?

or are you talking about Nintendo?

Nah the majority just flocked to the ps1 because their vision was more suitable, a wider variety of new game experiences actually had a chance to flourish there and the ps1 was where the money was at 

SEGA's name at one point was actually SErivce GAmes....... companies like SEGA & Nintendo are involved in the world of gaming for the right reasons.

Sony & Microsoft when first starting up were not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega

Ronster316 said:
Ajescent said:
Ronster316 said:

So...Sony are the only ones to buy their success? Not anyone else?

In the world of Videogames......... YES, they were the first (Microsft too of course, not gonna defend them by any means)

But by sony been the first, they are my most loathed.

But you posted Chelsea AND city, which means you place both of them on equal footing, when tangently, it was Blackburn Rovers who were the first to "buy" the title. Since you didn't list them first...or at all, I can only assume you consider Chelsea and City to be just as bad.

If that's the case, it should translate all the way in your analogy and conclude you consider Microsoft and Sony to be just as bad as each other.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Those franchises, while welcome on the 360, mostly went down the drain because the game were too dated and niche to begin with. How games like DMC, Tekken and Ridge Racer were ever popular is a big mystery to me. Those games always sucked.

enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Ronster316 said:

Ape Escape

Jak & Daxter

Ico & SOTC

Grand Turismo

God of War

Syphon Filter

MediEvil

Killzone

Siren

Nah, broski

So you think that all those games on PlayStation were originslly going to be on Sega Saturn but Sony snatched up and forced money down their throats for them to be exclusive? got any links?

or are you talking about Nintendo?

Nah the majority just flocked to the ps1 because their vision was more suitable, a wider variety of new game experiences actually had a chance to flourish there and the ps1 was where the money was at 

oh....... look...... there's that word again........ MONEY.