By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Playstation Fans upset with Microsoft for getting all dem PS2 Exclusives on Xbox 360?

The good ole days when PS kids got angry over a game like Final Fantasy coming to the Xbox.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
007BondAgent said:
isn't tales exclusive to PS3?

xilla and xilla 2 are the only ones entires like graces were originally a Wii game and abyss last year got ported the the 3DS and tales of symophia 2 is only one the WIi

Tales Of The Abyss was never on PS3. It was on PS2 then ported to the 3ds

I am actually happy, now that everyone has games to play.

How many 1ST PARTY games did sony have when the ps1 first hit the market and up to a year following it's release?

Garbage like porsche challenge........ THATS WHAT. (don't start talking about Tekken, parappa the crapper and all that 2nd/3rd party nonsense)

Multiplatform games made sony what they are today....... well, those and a bottomless pit of money of course.

sony fans should not begrudge anybody anything considering the dodgy way they made it big in this business.

NobleTeam360 said:
The good ole days when PS kids got angry over a game like Final Fantasy coming to the Xbox.

I have to give it to Xbox fans though, they seem to be more stoic in general compared to Sony fans. After all those years of Xbox fans assuring that there was no way for Mass Effect 1 & 2 coming to PS3, they simply shut down in silence when the thing happened without showing words or emotions. Not a single word, not even to acknowledge they were wrong.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
NiKKoM said:
I'm more upset with people claiming the quality went down because it went multiplatform.. They just need to see that their beloved company/franchise would have been equally crappy if it stayed exclusive

Nah, they would enjoy the games more solely because they're exclusive.

These are the same people that pretend Killzone, Uncharted, Journey, and MGS 4 are fun.

Pretend??

???

AbbathTheGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I have to give it to Xbox fans though, they seem to be more stoic in general compared to Sony fans. After all those years of Xbox fans assuring that there was no way for Mass Effect 1 & 2 coming to PS3, they simply shut down in silence when the thing happened without showing words or emotions. Not a single word, not even to acknowledge they were wrong.

I could've cared less if Mass Effect went to PS3. I still got to play it on my 360 regardless. 

sony back in the ps1 days= 3rd party scoundrels.

ShroudedDarkness said:

Final Fantasy fans who got upset that XIII wasn't PS3 exclusive always made me laugh since Final Fantasy never was originally a Playstation exclusive; it was a Nintendo exclusive (though whether that was by choice or by necessity is debatable). Square left Nintendo because they, Nintendo, wanted to stay with cartridges a little longer. Had the N64 been CD based, we'd still probably be getting Nintendo based mainline FF games. Moreover: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and XI were on the PC as well, meaning that the only "Exclusive" mainline FF titles they had were IX, X, and XII and there were dozens of spin offs on other handhelds. So bottom line: Final Fantasy was never "their" franchise to begin with.

So no, the "Exclusivity" complaint doesn't fly with me for at least Final Fantasy, unless brought up in the context "it was announced as exclusive, which is why I bought the PS3".  Nor does "Xbox made XIII suck" when the director and producer have said over and over "we made the game the way we wanted".

Yea you have to remember that they lead people on and had them thinking it was going to be exclusive then *BAM* viciously ripped the rug from underneath everybody's feet. That sh!t came out of nowhere. ..nobody saw that coming. The internet went FUCKING CRAZY! lol

Ronster316 said:

How many 1ST PARTY games did sony have when the ps1 first hit the market and up to a year following it's release?

Garbage like porsche challenge........ THATS WHAT. (don't start talking about Tekken, parappa the crapper and all that 2nd/3rd party nonsense)

Multiplatform games made sony what they are today....... well, those and a bottomless pit of money of course.

sony fans should not begrudge anybody anything considering the dodgy way they made it big in this business.

I like it how you limit the time frame to your taste. What is important is that even though Sony had complete control of console sells they still pushed forward and developed first party IPs during the PS1 and PS2 days, in spite of excerising complete domination over the competition:

Ape Escape

Jak & Daxter

Ico & SOTC

Grand Turismo

God of War

Syphon Filter

MediEvil

Killzone

Siren

And without counting second party offerings.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1