By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Playstation Fans upset with Microsoft for getting all dem PS2 Exclusives on Xbox 360?

I am actually happy, happy for Xbox fans. If those games didn't go multi, what else would they play?

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
I am actually happy, happy for the industry. Publishers need the Xbox to help move their games.

Fixed.

You should also know 360 has sold more exclusives than the PS3. So they would play the more desirable 360 software.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

NiKKoM said:
I'm more upset with people claiming the quality went down because it went multiplatform.. They just need to see that their beloved company/franchise would have been equally crappy if it stayed exclusive

Nah, they would enjoy the games more solely because they're exclusive.

These are the same people that pretend Killzone, Uncharted, Journey, and MGS 4 are fun.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Final Fantasy fans who got upset that XIII wasn't PS3 exclusive always made me laugh since Final Fantasy never was originally a Playstation exclusive; it was a Nintendo exclusive (though whether that was by choice or by necessity is debatable). Square left Nintendo because they, Nintendo, wanted to stay with cartridges a little longer. Had the N64 been CD based, we'd still probably be getting Nintendo based mainline FF games. Moreover: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and XI were on the PC as well, meaning that the only "Exclusive" mainline FF titles they had were IX, X, and XII and there were dozens of spin offs on other handhelds. So bottom line: Final Fantasy was never "their" franchise to begin with.

So no, the "Exclusivity" complaint doesn't fly with me for at least Final Fantasy, unless brought up in the context "it was announced as exclusive, which is why I bought the PS3".  Nor does "Xbox made XIII suck" when the director and producer have said over and over "we made the game the way we wanted".

They can't be stopped...

For a minute there i though someone had revived a necro thread.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Also, Resident Evil 2 was on the N64; Resident Evil 4 was originally Gamecube exclusive; and Resident Evil 0 was also on the gamecube.

They can't be stopped...

RicardJulianti said:
007BondAgent said:
RicardJulianti said:
007BondAgent said:
isn't tales exclusive to PS3?

Tales of Xillia is, but the entire franchise isn't even Sony exclusive. Vesperia was on the 360 first, Gamecube had Symphonia which was the first one to use 3D models, Wii even had a sequel to Symphonia, GBA had a remake of Phantasia. I think the reason Tales was mostly exclusive was because of the large Japanese fanbase......PS2 sold like crazy in all regions but Tales is quite Japanese, especially the older ones. Love the series.

ofcourse the whole franchise isn't, just the console versions, tales of graces f, xillia, xillia 2, and they are making a new tales for the ps3

Source? Considering Baba recently said that the PS4/Wii U won't be getting one in the near future, it is possible....I can't find anything on it though. His comment also eliminates future console Tales games being exclusive to PS4 or any console really. At least in terms of "Only this console will get Tales games, but handhelds can get whatever"

http://gamingeverything.com/45574/tales-staying-on-ps3-but-wii-u-possible-in-the-future/

http://gamingeverything.com/32434/there-is-a-new-tales-game-in-the-works-of-course/

007BondAgent said:
isn't tales exclusive to PS3?

xilla and xilla 2 are the only ones entires like graces were originally a Wii game and abyss last year got ported the the 3DS and tales of symophia 2 is only one the WIi

Nah not really

The only one that got me upset was FF 13

It wasnt even the fact that it was going to Xbox, it was how it was announced.

that sh!t was crazy! That announcement made me question the ps3. I was like "what is the purpose of having it if everything is going to the 360" i also started thinking that the next God Of War would be on 360 but thats when i learned what 1st party and all that other stuff ment.

MS destroyed Sony with that annoncement though.I was about to switch until i was reminded about the 1st party games that Sony had that i liked and that i would need to pay for online each year.

Some people got a lot more mad about it then me like that guy on youtube who made the infamous ff13 petition video LMAO

So yea, the only one that hit home was the FF13 announcement. It almost made me switch.

Im glad i didnt though

Mr Puggsly said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I am actually happy, happy for the industry. Publishers need the Xbox to help move their games.

Fixed.

You should also know 360 has sold more exclusives than the PS3. So they would play the more desirable 360 software.

That is false. Final Fantasy has sold in the PS2 millions over what Final Fantasy XIII ever did with Xbox360 and PS3 combined. If you want to argue that that was because of FFXIII supposed crappiness, then you have no choice but to recognize that selling the most numbers of copies in a franchise is not an issue of releasing in multiple platforms but a matter of quality.

PS3 has more million sellers from different franchises and genres than X360 and the most diserable console right now is the PS3 and sells show it weekly. Gamers come to Playstation for variety and that shows in software sells and the franchises' split sells.

Mr Puggsly said:
NiKKoM said:
I'm more upset with people claiming the quality went down because it went multiplatform.. They just need to see that their beloved company/franchise would have been equally crappy if it stayed exclusive

These are the same people that pretend Killzone, Uncharted, Journey, and MGS 4 are fun.

If you find that those games aren't fun, that is irrelevant to the opinion of others.  You actually think that everyone thinks like you do, that your opinion is actually a reflection of everyone else's and that claiming to have one different to yours is just a mere pretension? You are immerse in yourself to the extent of delusion.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1