By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction thread: Will Wii U's 3D Mario sell more or less than Super Mario Galaxy?

More or less?

More 66 34.38%

Less 126 65.63%

Total:192
DietSoap said:
Bump.

So now that we've actually seen the game, what does everything think now?

This is not the upcoming 3D Adventure for Mario, it's a sequel to 3DLand, nothing more.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
DietSoap said:
Bump.

So now that we've actually seen the game, what does everything think now?

This is not the upcoming 3D Adventure for Mario, it's a sequel to 3DLand, nothing more.

So that means another mainstream Mario will come? Did Nintendo confirm this?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

It can't be more obvious, between Galaxy 1 and 2 there was a NSMB. Did anyone think that was the end of 3D mario on the Wii?

This is a game that doesn't require the level of resources that a game like Galaxy does. No orchestra, meh graphics.

It's a game for fun and sales and will fulfill its purpose. It's not Galaxy, nor its successor in any way.

I don't need a source to tell you that much. The quote from Iwata in question 

“Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U. When it is necessary, we do not hesitate to role out our resources.”

I'm pretty sure a proper 3D Mario adventure adheres to this principle as well.

happydolphin said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

It can't be more obvious, between Galaxy 1 and 2 there was a NSMB. Did anyone think that was the end of 3D mario on the Wii?

This is a game that doesn't require the level of resources that a game like Galaxy does. No orchestra, meh graphics.

It's a game for fun and sales and will fulfill its purpose. It's not Galaxy, nor its successor in any way.

“Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U. When it is necessary, we do not hesitate to role out our resources.”

NSMB is already on the Wii U.

DietSoap said:

NSMB is already on the Wii U.

If it makes money, do it twice. Still doesn't change anything.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Damn, I wish I could be as optomistic as you, but I've lost all hope after what I just saw.

Trunkin said:

Damn, I wish I could be as optomistic as you, but I've lost all hope after what I just saw.

It's so clear though to me. It's so easy for them to make a game like 3DWorld, they obviously are injecting much more resources in a proper successor to Super Mario Galaxy, it just can't be more obvious to me personally.

Less. How much I don't know, but clearly less.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

happydolphin said:
Trunkin said:

It's so clear though to me. It's so easy for them to make a game like 3DWorld, they obviously are injecting much more resources in a proper successor to Super Mario Galaxy, it just can't be more obvious to me personally.

I've been waiting (im)patiently for Nintendo's internal teams to show off something that can even compete with last gen in graphics and scope, but they continue to disappoint(outside of MK). They've had plenty of time. I mean, they haven't made a significant game release in nearly 3 years! It almost seems like they don't have the resources to make AAA titles, or something. I'm fully expecting the next Zelda to look like an HD Skyward Sword, at this point. 

Trunkin said:

I've been waiting (im)patiently for Nintendo's internal teams to show off something that can even compete with last gen in graphics and scope, but they continue to disappoint(outside of MK). They've had plenty of time. I mean, they haven't made a significant game release in nearly 3 years! It almost seems like they don't have the resources to make AAA titles, or something. I'm fully expecting the next Zelda to look like an HD Skyward Sword, at this point. 

It will come man... Pikmin is going to be playable, it's in glorious HD, MK8 is going to be playable in glorious HD, so is Smash. Not all Nintendo games are cutting-edge, so what we have now is enough until the big-hitters come in, which are generally once maybe twice a gen (Mario, Metroid, Zelda).