By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction thread: Will Wii U's 3D Mario sell more or less than Super Mario Galaxy?

More or less?

More 66 34.38%

Less 126 65.63%

Total:192
Just_Rocco said:
By the way...I think it's safe to assume the next 3D Mario game will be Super Mario Galaxy 3. I mean...come on.

I don't think so. If I'm remembering this correctly, the big reason they went with the outer space theme in Galaxy is so they could create tiny but detailed worlds, locations and simple but effective effects. Basically, they made a game with small but impressive environments to accomodate the Wii's low power. Pretty smart, because the end result doesn't look below anything on the PS360 and proved the Wii could actually do something right. WiiU won't have this limitation.

If someone shoots this down, I'm not sure, I might've just made this up in my head .

Around the Network

I think they will probably go with a new theme. They've used Galaxy for two games now, which is rare. It could be called Super Mario Universe, but I think it will have a different feel than the Galaxy games. Much bigger worlds and impressive visuals.

TheLastStarFighter said:
I think they will probably go with a new theme. They've used Galaxy for two games now, which is rare. It could be called Super Mario Universe, but I think it will have a different feel than the Galaxy games. Much bigger worlds and impressive visuals.

sure another theme. Galaxy is all about gravity and was perfect with the nunchuck. They have to do something with the gamepad

Click HERE and be happy 

I'm one of the few people in this world that REALLY wants a Super Mario Sunshine 2.

Sunshine emphasized exploring and finding secrets everywhere. It also introduced fun, innovative, new game mechanics that made perfect use of the ultra-pressure sensitive gamecube controller.

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Less by a healthy margin

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network

I think 5-7m lifetime, maybe less

unless they would bundle it... i would say less

5m. In the Sunshine region but with less install base penetration in the US.

echoesfromthepast said:

I'm one of the few people in this world that REALLY wants a Super Mario Sunshine 2.

Sunshine emphasized exploring and finding secrets everywhere. It also introduced fun, innovative, new game mechanics that made perfect use of the ultra-pressure sensitive gamecube controller.

Wii U doesn't have analog triggers/shoulder buttons, unfortunately.

Soleron said:
but with less install base penetration in the US.

Very interesting prediction, is there some reason you think this?