By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why Sony will always beat MS at making a console.

The PS3 needs games to pull this off, more games, more exclusive games, they need madden to be best on their system (I hate madden). they also need to snub this new X game costs (end user cost) more on the ps3 than 360 thing that is poping up (capcoms devil may cry cost 10 more pounds in the UK most notable). price drop, and the return of B/C i know people who have changed buying decisions or are waiting based solely on that. actually release games or do not talk about them

"Because I am tired of being burned by sony, a company i used to enjoy buying form. 3 ps2s, i never even played it that much in comparison to other consoles. the trying to put a root kit on my computer, (i use macs primarly so they failed), making movies i cant watch on my mac without informing me on the packaging. terrible defect rates on audio equipment after 2004. (still own an excelent sony receiver from 2001) tv failure, **refusal to honor warranty** with registration and original receipts." me from another forum

stop all of that.... MS at least sends a box with out caring, much like other companies.

one more if they continue to hype killzone, it can not be a bomb, that would hurt that would hurt them bad.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Most unreliable consoles are the PS1/2......my PS1 from 1997 still works, and my PS2 from 2001 still works. No DREs, no tray errors, nothing.

@ Topic
I'm just going to overlook what's been said....sorry if anything has been said already.

Sony will always be a better console maker simple because they are better at making hardware/electronics. M$ makes software.

I have to disagree with your points. "Quality" is totally up to the user. What you value may not be what others value. The PS1 and PS2 were notoriously unreliable, though the 360 is slightly worse than them. It is still too early to see how reliable the PS3 is. And honestly, it doesn't matter what its "functionality" is. To me, the only thing that matters is that you enjoy the console's games, and therefore like the console.

What worries me is that Sony keeps removing more and more features from the PS3 with every iteration (*hugs his 60 GB model*) whereas MSFT keeps adding more features to their console as the time goes by.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
What worries me is that Sony keeps removing more and more features from the PS3 with every iteration (*hugs his 60 GB model*) whereas MSFT keeps adding more features to their console as the time goes by.

The 20gb has full BC too. I had to snag it because I wanted full BC ... 

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
True, the original NES was also a piece of crap.

Actually, the original NES is remarkably sturdy.  It only has one flaw, that being the 72-pin connector bends permanently after a while and makes it hard for the games to work right.  Except for this one piece, most NES systems in existence still work swimmingly.  If only they had retained the top-loading design of the Famicom over here...

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:
rocketpig said:

Actually, the original NES is remarkably sturdy. It only has one flaw, that being the 72-pin connector bends permanently after a while and makes it hard for the games to work right. Except for this one piece, most NES systems in existence still work swimmingly. If only they had retained the top-loading design of the Famicom over here...

After the release of the SNES, they made a top-loading NES and sold it in America.  It had much better reliability than the original.  I don't know about the connector getting bent -- I know tons of people who still have a working NES after 20+ years.  If you keep it clean and keep your cartridges clean, you won't have a problem.

rocketpig said:
Mars said:
One is a hardware company the other can't even get their software right, no surprise the 360 is the biggets pos in console history.

Until the PS3, Sony never got their hardware right, either.

And by all accounts, MS provides great developer tools so they must be doing something right.

BTW, nice troll post. This thread was going really well until you showed up.

Well to be fair I believe Sony was the first to use one head to read both CD and DVD with PS2 which probably lead to the first generation disc errors. Personally I always used a cleaner disc to improve enough to read those hard to read disc.

elprincipe said:
rocketpig said:

Actually, the original NES is remarkably sturdy.  It only has one flaw, that being the 72-pin connector bends permanently after a while and makes it hard for the games to work right.  Except for this one piece, most NES systems in existence still work swimmingly.  If only they had retained the top-loading design of the Famicom over here...

Yeah, I later clarified that in another post. It wasn't a disabling problem in most consoles.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Smidlee said:
rocketpig said:
Mars said:
One is a hardware company the other can't even get their software right, no surprise the 360 is the biggets pos in console history.

Until the PS3, Sony never got their hardware right, either.

And by all accounts, MS provides great developer tools so they must be doing something right.

BTW, nice troll post. This thread was going really well until you showed up.

Well to be fair I believe Sony was the first to use one head to read both CD and DVD with PS2 which probably lead to the first generation disc errors. Personally I always used a cleaner disc to improve enough to read those hard to read disc.

While that could have been the cause of the PS2's problems, I don't know of a DVD player that can't play CDs. DVD players were widespread by the time of the PS2 launch and DVD-ROM drives were well on their way to mass acceptance.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/