By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else Loves open world games?

Do you?

Yes, love them 43 68.25%

Hell Ya! 6 9.52%

No, I prefer one way corridors! 7 11.11%

I guess 3 4.76%

My body is ready for next gen!! 4 6.35%

Total:63

Open world games are my favorite kinds of games, just so much to do.

I the open world games that I had the most fun with this gen were Fallout 3, New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption and the Assassin's Creed games until Revalations. After the I felt my love for the series drain more and more with each new game. 

I'm interested into seeing what Cyberpunk is all about, mostly because of the setting. But I'm not getting how Watch Dogs is getting so much hype, it looks alright from what I've seen but not all that.

Around the Network
techhunter80 said:

Open world games are my favorite kinds of games, just so much to do.

I the open world games that I had the most fun with this gen were Fallout 3, New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption and the Assassin's Creed games until Revalations. After the I felt my love for the series drain more and more with each new game. 

I'm interested into seeing what Cyberpunk is all about, mostly because of the setting. But I'm not getting how Watch Dogs is getting so much hype, it looks alright from what I've seen but not all that.

It excites me since I'm a huge fan of

BloodyRain said:
bananaking21 said:

the snipers are sooo cool in this game. clearing outposts are amazing. i do the same thing, silencer on my spiner and take them out. though recently i started being more creative. i go to a high position, mark the guys with my camera. if i can go in stealth with melee, then im all over those son of bitches. if there is an animal cage i sometimes use it. but one time they were all close together, i took out my RPG and BAMN! i took those sons of bitches DOWN! this game is SO fun!

i never was interested in JRPG's so i cant comment on that FF13 thing lol

Ya love the camera. I mark them then snipe. I also used silenced weapons and go through an outpost that way, like with an silenced smg. I also use the arrow and have it painted green to make me feel like oliver queen. I mean seriously, you're stuck on an island with a whole bunch of people that want to kill you. The bow also has explosive arrows. I shoot it at cars that come into the outpost just killing everyone. Ya I'm not a huge fan for jrpg's either. I'm a sucker for a well done cg trailer with great music though. xD

LOOOL at that oliver queen refrence! in a way though thats so true lol. i dont like the arrow but i never tried the explosive arrow's, though it sounds awesome, i might give it a try my load out is an AK, sniper (silenced), LMG and RPG. 

btw you reminded me, i need to update the arrow thread, that last episode was fucking awesome

Xxain said:
Just Cause 2. Shit is waaay better than GTA

This.  The huge open world with varied climates was pretty impressive.  And the hookshot and parachute combo made it so much fun to travel in.   Probably my favorite open world to mess around in.

It really depends on the world. ones where there are tons of stuff to do like Red Dead Redemption and Fallout New Vegas are awesome. I also like the really chaotic worlds like Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 3. However sometimes open world games that try to be realistic(GTA4) bore me to tears.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
BloodyRain said:
bananaking21 said:

the snipers are sooo cool in this game. clearing outposts are amazing. i do the same thing, silencer on my spiner and take them out. though recently i started being more creative. i go to a high position, mark the guys with my camera. if i can go in stealth with melee, then im all over those son of bitches. if there is an animal cage i sometimes use it. but one time they were all close together, i took out my RPG and BAMN! i took those sons of bitches DOWN! this game is SO fun!

i never was interested in JRPG's so i cant comment on that FF13 thing lol

Ya love the camera. I mark them then snipe. I also used silenced weapons and go through an outpost that way, like with an silenced smg. I also use the arrow and have it painted green to make me feel like oliver queen. I mean seriously, you're stuck on an island with a whole bunch of people that want to kill you. The bow also has explosive arrows. I shoot it at cars that come into the outpost just killing everyone. Ya I'm not a huge fan for jrpg's either. I'm a sucker for a well done cg trailer with great music though. xD

LOOOL at that oliver queen refrence! in a way though thats so true lol. i dont like the arrow but i never tried the explosive arrow's, though it sounds awesome, i might give it a try my load out is an AK, sniper (silenced), LMG and RPG. 

btw you reminded me, i need to update the arrow thread, that last episode was fucking awesome

My current loudout is

The Shredder Smg

Silenced sniper rifle with scope

Shot gun with red dot sight

F1 assault rifle with sight and silencer

Ya that last episode of arrow was just amazing. The undertaking is about to happen!

spurgeonryan said:
I only put some time into Tomb Raider. Love it. Before that , GTA, Zelda, etc. Love them, love exploration. Love Shadows of Colossus.

Dammit, I can't believe I forgot the new tomb raider. I loved that game.

Open world games can be fun, but I'm not a huge fan of the genre. Crackdown and Skyrim are a lot of fun, but GTA never appealed to me, and Red Dead Redemption was only a little bit more interesting.

Next gen open world games have definitely caught my attention, though. Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, and Watch Dogs are all games that I will be keeping a very close eye on as they respective releases draw near (I'm pretty much sold on Witcher 3 already, as I played Witcher 2 and am interested to see where the story progresses).

Open world + quality = must have

depends on the game. I enjoyed a lot Sleeping Dogs, RDR, Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim; not that much GTAIV. And hated Just Cause 2 and Borderlands....those 2 games are empty wastelands, and the only thing you can do is shoot people.