By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bye-bye Xbox Live Gold

Carl2291 said:
Okay.

Somini. Anyone.

Tell me why this is relevant enough for a thread.

Why are you asking me that? Ask the one who wrote it ;)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
If you aren't being paid to search out these random blogs and essentially undertake viral marketing then I pity you.

This is just a blog form some random guy in Africa.... Why is it even important or news worthy?

M$ is building steam of late, they must feel a need to diminish or down-play it in some form to sleep at night. I pitty him too.

Duh...

DirtyP2002 said:
how do you find these blogs nobody gives a %§&! about?
Do you use Google Alerts or something like that?

its called n4g lol

If it wasn't important you wouldn't be commenting, now would you? The MOD was replying to ozsman. And i don't have to offer an opinion myself in every thread. Don't shoot the messenger.

Yeah, I agree Microsoft need to offer alot more than what they do now to ask people to pay for Xbox Live. What is the value in this service anyway? Online is free on every other system and does fine, i don't about other games but the Call of Duty series seems to have just as bad connections on Xbox as it does elsewhere (from the livestreams i have seen). Cross game chat is a feature highly spoken off for paying this and yet it will be on the PS4 for free (its already on Vita and Steam for free) and to make matters worse, Microsoft force adverts on to you Xbox gamers, i would understand this if it was free but it's not, it makes no sense. And finally, why do you need a gold account just to access apps like Netflix? it's so stupid! Not like Microsoft subsidies such apps. I don't know but Xbox Live just don't seem to be the price of one game, at least not anymore as rival services have gotten better

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

As a hardcore gamer, I buy most games on release so I see no great value in PS plus, other than to play the odd niche game or game I may have missed out on (Okami, DOA5, Infamous 2). It is great that they offer free games, but its not like every month you will have plenty of games to play. In terms of discounts, I note that PSN has slightly better deals on some weeks, but Xbox live also has great offers.

As for why I keep XBL Gold. The games and the service are infinitely superior to PSN. PSN as a whole, compared with Xbox live is horrible. Painfully slow downloads, stupid installs, large updates all lead to frustration and time wasting. PSN store is sluggish as well. As for the games, there isn't a single PS3 game worth playing competitively. 

DirtyP2002 said:
how do you find these blogs nobody gives a %§&! about?
Do you use Google Alerts or something like that?

My thoughts entirely.

I've said it before I'll say it again.

Such a stupid blog post, it's a business, if MS can charge more for less then power to them.

We're WELL past the point of discussing which one's better. It's blatently obvious PS+ is much better value than Xbox Live Gold...but is that even the point?

Let mine run out along time ago. Not worth it in the slightest.

the2real4mafol said:
Yeah, I agree Microsoft need to offer alot more than what they do now to ask people to pay for Xbox Live. What is the value in this service anyway? Online is free on every other system and does fine, i don't about other games but the Call of Duty series seems to have just as bad connections on Xbox as it does elsewhere (from the livestreams i have seen). Cross game chat is a feature highly spoken off for paying this and yet it will be on the PS4 for free (its already on Vita and Steam for free) and to make matters worse, Microsoft force adverts on to you Xbox gamers, i would understand this if it was free but it's not, it makes no sense. And finally, why do you need a gold account just to access apps like Netflix? it's so stupid! Not like Microsoft subsidies such apps. I don't know but Xbox Live just don't seem to be the price of one game, at least not anymore as rival services have gotten better

You're missing the point entirely.

They obviously don't need to offer much more to offer better value because people are paying for it in the state that it's in now. Why on earth would MS offer anything extra for free? The reason Sony is offering this extra stuff with PS+ is because they have no choice but to offer it as everyone would be up in arms about having to pay for online.

You're looking at it totally the wrong way, it's not about "us", "the gamer". It's about profits and why on earth would MS want to put a dent in those profits like Sony does. With all the royalty payments Sony will be paying publishers to use their content they can't be making much at all with PS+. Look at this from the objective side of things and tell me what you think?

I'm getting both PS4 and 720/Infinite/Fusion and will continue to pay for PS+ and Xbox Live : ) have fun bickering over consoles lawlz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!