By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I beat up my step dad. Was I wrong in doing so? (Long read)

MoHasanie said:
Horrorfest said:
MoHasanie said:
Horrorfest said:
Also, lastly I've told you I've been through hell in my life because I have. More hell than anyone should have to go through but during my teenage years as I said I was secluded out of depression.You can't compare your situation to that when you didn't go through anything like that...I have. I am not as lucky as some of you are.

If you're blaming this "depression" on some acne than that's an extremely silly excuse. 

That's pathetic. I highly doubt you could go what I went through. In fact, knowing what I went through I'm positive you probably couldn't go through it. I won't say you can't because you have never been in that position but coming from someone who dealt with it and constant suicidal thoughts, I know how bad it was. Notice I specifically said horrible acne. Cystic acne to be more precise. It was a few pimples. It was bad enough to destroy my self esteem and make me completely secluded from nearly everyone. 

Well after doing a google search of that condition, I do apologize for being quite critical of your depression due to acne. 

But, I still don't get the need to mention it in this thread. 

I brought it up because it is the biggest reason why I wasn't able to go driving. I had no motivation whatsoever as I was fighting for my life desperately trying to seek help from a dermatologist to help which took much longer than I wanted it too. 

In reply to naruball, you clearly didn't read everything I said so I'm all going to say is I never expected or asked for anything which I've said several times. I clearly said he gave me his word to help me out. Maybe you don't give a shit about it but me, I don't sit and take it when people walk over me, lie and break their word. I'm the type of person who will call you out because I've dealt with too much bullshit in my life. Maybe you can't or don't like to, I don't know. You can deal with your life however you want to.

Lastly and this is the last big point I will make, since I've already said so much about my life, I have my reasons for not putting up with harassment or any kind of unjustified bullshit. I dealt with bad verbal abuse from my father for most of my life. Especially, when I had to live with him for awhile. Do you know how I handled all that? I sat in my room alone and rarely ever confronted him even though I should have every time. My solution was to take it and hope it stops and it continued and continued! Just like it had with my step father until now. I never once had a physical incident but I stood up to him a few times and of course he backed down.

The moral of the story is, while my step dad's harassment was not as severe as my father it was still bad and unwarrented. As you can probably imagine it brought bad memories of my father when I put up with his shit for most of my life. I don't and haven't put up with my fathers shit in awhile but I am no longer the weak child or teenager who will sit and take shit after shit. 

Around the Network

You should not hit people. You are exposing yourself to a whole bunch of trouble. Self defense is another matter, but that is not what happened.

I'm sorry you have such a bad home situation. How long till you can move out on your own?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Horrorfest said:
MoHasanie said:
Horrorfest said:
MoHasanie said:
Horrorfest said:
Also, lastly I've told you I've been through hell in my life because I have. More hell than anyone should have to go through but during my teenage years as I said I was secluded out of depression.You can't compare your situation to that when you didn't go through anything like that...I have. I am not as lucky as some of you are.

If you're blaming this "depression" on some acne than that's an extremely silly excuse. 

That's pathetic. I highly doubt you could go what I went through. In fact, knowing what I went through I'm positive you probably couldn't go through it. I won't say you can't because you have never been in that position but coming from someone who dealt with it and constant suicidal thoughts, I know how bad it was. Notice I specifically said horrible acne. Cystic acne to be more precise. It was a few pimples. It was bad enough to destroy my self esteem and make me completely secluded from nearly everyone. 

Well after doing a google search of that condition, I do apologize for being quite critical of your depression due to acne. 

I brought it up because it is the biggest reason why I wasn't able to go driving. I had no motivation whatsoever as I was fighting for my life desperately trying to seek help from a dermatologist to help which took much longer than I wanted it too. 

In reply to naruball, you clearly didn't read everything I said so I'm all going to say is I never expected or asked for anything which I've said several times. I clearly said he gave me his word to help me out. Maybe you don't give a shit about it but me, I don't sit and take it when people walk over me, lie and break their word. I'm the type of person who will call you out because I've dealt with too much bullshit in my life. Maybe you can't or don't like to, I don't know. You can deal with your life however you want to.

Lastly and this is the last big point I will make, since I've already said so much about my life, I have my reasons for not putting up with harassment or any kind of unjustified bullshit. I dealt with bad verbal abuse from my father for most of my life. Especially, when I had to live with him for awhile. Do you know how I handled all that? I sat in my room alone and rarely ever confronted him even though I should have every time. My solution was to take it and hope it stops and it continued and continued! Just like it had with my step father until now. I never once had a physical incident but I stood up to him a few times and of course he backed down.

The moral of the story is, while my step dad's harassment was not as severe as my father it was still bad and unwarrented. As you can probably imagine it brought bad memories of my father when I put up with his shit for most of my life. I don't and haven't put up with my fathers shit in awhile but I am no longer the weak child or teenager who will sit and take shit after shit. 

No, I actually read every single thing posted here. In my opinion and apparently almost everyone else's, breaking your word is not as a big deal as you make it to be. It's part of life. Your boss promises you time off and something comes up and you get nothing. What do you do? You deal with it. You can get fired and starve to death or move on. By stressing so much that he broke his word, you clearly have expectations of him. If you didn't, you simply wouldn't care.

Also, you didn't address any of the questions I asked you. Anyway, it's your life, do whatever you want. At least you made a topic and asked if you were wrong, so I guess there's some hope. If you don't trust our uneducated advice, I suggest you see a professional, if you can afford it. For all I know, I may be wrong and simply not understand your situation. The way you describe it, though, makes me think you're completely wrong.

Sounds like you have been the one harassing him, and that's coming from your view of events, it must be even worse from his point of view, I think it's a maturity issue, when you get older you will probably resolve this

It's not easy for an older guy to care for a young male that isn't his kid, particularly if he is disrespectful, and/or resentful

Anyway goodluck, try and see how difficult it is from his point of view as well, it does sound like you do have long periods of getting along which is promissing

Why did you admit something to the police voluntarily? There's a thousand reasons you shouldn't do this even if you're completely in the right.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Horrorfest said:
MoHasanie said:
Horrorfest said:
MoHasanie said:
Horrorfest said:

No, I actually read every single thing posted here. In my opinion and apparently almost everyone else's, breaking your word is not as a big deal as you make it to be. It's part of life. Your boss promises you time off and something comes up and you get nothing. What do you do? You deal with it. You can get fired and starve to death or move on. By stressing so much that he broke his word, you clearly have expectations of him. If you didn't, you simply wouldn't care.

Also, you didn't address any of the questions I asked you. Anyway, it's your life, do whatever you want. At least you made a topic and asked if you were wrong, so I guess there's some hope. If you don't trust our uneducated advice, I suggest you see a professional, if you can afford it. For all I know, I may be wrong and simply not understand your situation. The way you describe it, though, makes me think you're completely wrong.

You really didn't read everything I said or else you wouldnt have contradicted yourself but whatever no point in aruging. I had my justified reasons for what I did and I certainly don't deny I haven't made mistakes too.

As for admitting it to the cop in responce to Soleron, why not? I have nothing to hide and I'm going to take responbility. While I threw the first punch I had no choice after being harassed so badly and I know most males probably would have done the same thing. He was guilty of assaulting me when he came back inside the house and I did nothing but answer exchanged words. I also tried stopping the first incident a few times and walked away to begin with but he didn't leave me alone. I don't know what else to say. I don't remember but if some of you don't know, I'm not even in the house. I've been at my sisters since last night after the incident. I have respect enough not to say in the same place as the guy i beat up who pays for most of it (wellfare) regardless that he was the big cause to it happening or not. 

I have also told my sister earlier that I will talk to him if he wants to since my mother has been wanting us both to talk. He won't ever be a buddy again but I'm man enough to at least make the situation better for our familes sake. I think it will probably have to be a phone call or in person when I get back here after I leave this weekend. Either way I'm willing to try to talk. I have far too much stress now and I've dealt with too much shit to begin with so this might be the last thing I'll say about it. I don't know. I'm not worrying about it and I have no where to go but up as I've hit rock bottom. 

"How much can you possibly know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" - Tyler Durden

No really both of you are at fault here though. I would give you a long detailed response but after seeing the paragraphs in this thread that I did not read it is very doubtful that I will say anything that hasn't already been said.

The best thing to do now is to do what I tell everybody.

"Take control of your life. You can not control others or what they do, and why care about people's opinions that you don't like in the first place? All you really can do is control your own actions, your own emotions, and your own words! Now take control of yourself and forget the rest" - JayWood2010

spurgeonryan said:
KHlover said:
And I expected a Spurgeonryan thread...

I'll actually read it now

What a terrible thing to say!

OT: Yes, I think he needs to know that he cannot do whatever he wants. Put him in place.

:P

You come here and open your heart, even admit you've had acne and depression but you mostly just get criticized for not being thankful to your stepdad. I think that's wrong.

Your stepdad sounds like a jerk. Either that or he has issues like being a little depressed himself, feeling insufficient and stuff. Hopefully he has issues rather than just being a jerk because then there's hope for an improved relationship between you.

He shouldn't come into your household and dominate.

People in this thread say he doesn't have any obligations to help you with stuff. Perhaps not with the driving licence, but he should adapt to the family's needs, including your needs.

If you are a young sensitive lonesome guy he should take that into account and behave in a sensible manner.

He should be aware that by him being jobless he is an exhausting factor to his surroundings by constantly being around in your house.

Continuous verbal harassment is very serious. It can make anybody go bananas and pick up the nearest axe and let it dance.

He also had the stomach to hit the family dog. You could have punished him right there and I wouldn't have condemned it.

Slimebeast said:

You come here and open your heart, even admit you've had acne and depression but you mostly just get criticized for not being thankful to your stepdad. I think that's wrong.

Your stepdad sounds like a jerk. Either that or he has issues like being a little depressed himself, feeling insufficient and stuff. Hopefully he has issues rather than just being a jerk because then there's hope for an improved relationship between you.

He shouldn't come into your household and dominate.

People in this thread say he doesn't have any obligations to help you with stuff. Perhaps not with the driving licence, but he should adapt to the family's needs, including your needs.

If you are a young sensitive lonesome guy he should take that into account and behave in a sensible manner.

He should be aware that by him being jobless he is an exhausting factor to his surroundings by constantly being around in your house.

Continuous verbal harassment is very serious. It can make anybody go bananas and pick up the nearest axe and let it dance.

He also had the stomach to hit the family dog. You could have punished him right there and I wouldn't have condemned it.

The thing is, it's not as if I've never thanked him for doing something for me. I have whenever he did. He certainly did teach me a lot when he talk me out driving and I never once wasn't thankful. I said earlier in the thread how one time I grew fed up with him and told him off. Well he came up to me and let me take the car out for a drive with him and I apologize as soon as we got in the car and I explained everything to him.

I mentioned too he cooked. Most of the time I wouldnt thank him for it because he cooks anyways and offers for me to eat (then many times I fend for myself which I have no problem with). It is not like he makes me lunch and dinner every day. I don't even think he's ever made me lunch so I don't sit and ask him for handouts but whenever he really made a good meal for dinner I would tell him. 

He had made some amazing chicken alfredo once and I complinted him and told him that was one of the best meals I've ever had and he was quite touched by it. I gave him a suggestion to him that he should make it more often. He didn't do it again (why I don't know) but I am not ungrateful. I'm just not going to be friendly with someone who harassed me. At times we got along and were even close but everything else happened like I mentioned.

I know he definitely has issues and especially after I learned after the fact something bad he went through as a kid which sucked because even though he brought it on himself I didn't know his issues were as bad. Still, I have gone through hell nearly my entire life and I don't try to take it out on anyone because that's wrong. If I get shit thrown at me I certainly throw it back (at least doing everything to keep my comments to myself not out loud) but I don't go looking to start any fights or tension,

I'm stuck at my sisters house at the moment so I figured I would give another reply. As I said, I will talk to him if and when he wants. I won't forgive him but for my families sake and because we were close at one point I am willing to try to talk it out. I won't live with him and my mother again or anything like that but I have no problems making the situation better.