By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U-3D Mario, Kart, Smash Bros

Back in late 07-early 08 Nintendo released Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl within 6 months of each other. Will they do it again with Wii U? We already know these games will be shown at E3 in some form, could we see something like Mario Kart U-Nov, 3D Mario-Feb and Smash Bros-May? Mario Kart along with Pikmin/Wind Waker/Wii Fit/Wii Play and a price cut should give it a big boost the last few months of the year and Mario/Smash could keep that momentum high going into the next year. What do you guys think of this?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Yes, I think there's a good chance we get Super Mario 3D and Mario Kart before the end of the year and Smash Bros. before summer 2014.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Yes, I think there's a good chance we get Super Mario 3D and Mario Kart before the end of the year and Smash Bros. before summer 2014.

The only thing im concerned about is what they would have for Holiday 2014 if they do this, maybe Zelda but theres a good chance it wont come til 2015.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

The only thing im concerned about is what they would have for Holiday 2014 if they do this, maybe Zelda but theres a good chance it wont come til 2015.

Agreed. I think Nintendo will want Zelda out by 2014 but 2015 seems like the safer bet.

But there are a bunch of possibilities for holiday 2014: Retro's mystery project(s); Wii Sports; console Animal Crossing; console Pokemon; Star Fox, F-Zero; Donkey Kong; Monolith Soft's "X" game; Mario Party 10.

I think that we might be seeing a lot of Nintendo first party games coming out for the Wii U in order to try to improve the consoles sales similar to what we have witnessed with the 3DS.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
I think that we might be seeing a lot of Nintendo first party games coming out for the Wii U in order to try to improve the consoles sales similar to what we have witnessed with the 3DS.

Hey, thats what I think too!

Mario Kart and 3D Mario should be a certainty to be released within 12 Months.

I want them to push out Pokemon Snap U, too. New gen. Perfect time.

I think they will fill in the gaps of major releases by making updates to older games especially if Wind Waker does well. Also if the 3DS is any indication we will also see an influx of new IPs and smaller games featured on the eShop made by their teams. But I think we will see all three in this business year. (3D Mario, Kart, and Smash), they still have X, SMT/FE amoung others for 2014.

I think Smash is going to be 2014

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I can see both Mario and Mario Kart out before Christmas like they did with Super Mario Land and Mario Kart 7 for the 3ds. Smash Bros out spring 2014 for Wii U and 3DS. If they can get those out. Wow it will be a huge holiday for Nintendo.

I would think Mario, Kart, Smash and Zelda will be the "tentpole" franchises for the next 16 months. Mario and Kart this fall, Smash next summer and Zelda next fall. X, Bayonetta, Reto's game, Yoshi, Wii games and others - some probably outsourced - will be spread out to fill the gaps in between.