By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Fans, why do you say DD is best Kart?

Tagged games:

Einsam_Delphin said:
^Why, cause you say so? *rolleyes*

Well, no. MK:DD really is the best version out there. You don't have to agree with me, of course.

Oh, Moreno posted!

Around the Network

@Morenoingrato:
I am growing whether you want me to or not. :P

Anyway, I probably shoulda specified in the title but this is DD v.s. MK7 as those are the two highest regarded karts. Graphically, I actually believe MKWii n 7 are brighter and more colorful which I like, but really all Karts look fine so eh. In my +100 hours of MK7, I haven't noticed any framerate issues. It's been consistently smooth and the 3D makes it look even more vibrant and crisp.

There may not be any double karts in MK7, but what it does have is kart customization, which you can also experiment with n such. No character specials, but I feel that only helps keep the game balanced. Handling is just something you have to get used to from game to game. MK7's handling is probably different from DD but that doesn't mean it's better or worse. MKs controls are always solid afterall.

MK7 does have a Bomb-omb only option in it's balloon battle mode, and instead of Sunshine Chasers there's Coin Runners, which I'm guessing is the same thing but with coins instead.
I've actually done 1 v 1s in MK7, and I've been able to catch-up, but also hold the lead, but I think that's more because I'm too good hehe.

@NintendoPie:
It's really hard for me to tell whether you're serious or not. Do you really not understand that saying "X is the best cause I say so!" wont cut it? Saying the sky is pink will not make it so. You need cold hard facts n evidence to support your claims, otherwise they're hollow and meaningless. Just like you I can saying anything is the best, such as MK7 being the best kart, but as shown already you could just as easily replace MK7 with DD. Now if I say MK7 is best kart because it has the best online, additional depth in tracks via coins n tricks, customizable Karts, retro tracks, and most balanced items, you could not replace MK7 with DD unless you wanna be a liar.

Einsam_Delphin said:

@NintendoPie:
It's really hard for me to tell whether you're serious or not. Do you really not understand that saying "X is the best cause I say so!" wont cut it? Saying the sky is pink will not make it so. You need cold hard facts n evidence to support your claims, otherwise they're hollow and meaningless. Just like you I can saying anything is the best, such as MK7 being the best kart, but as shown already you could just as easily replace MK7 with DD. Now if I say MK7 is best kart because it has the best online, additional depth in tracks via coins n tricks, customizable Karts, retro tracks, and most balanced items, you could not replace MK7 with DD unless you wanna be a liar.

What you aren't seeing is that my sarcasm has a point. You won't agree with anyone in this thread even if they give the cold hard facts. You are set in your opinion and it just seems like you wanted to see why other's differed. Is that wrong? Well, no. But it's wrong to think that you'll change your mind/think much differently because of it.

@NintendoPie:
You shoulda just said this in the first place instead of making yourself sound silly.
But anyway yes MK7 is obviously my favorite Kart, but that alone isn't why I say it's the best as I have shown already. Diamond and Pearl is my favorite Pokemon game, but would I say it's the best? Certainly not, as the fact is Black n White are everything DnP are but with more, hence making them better. Now that I think about it, the same can basically be said for MK7 vs DD, only this time I prefer the factually better game. So unless someone refutes my points or comes up with advantages DD has that outweigh MK7's advantages, then yes it is a fact not opinion that MK7 is overall the better package.

Einsam_Delphin said:
@NintendoPie:
You shoulda just said this in the first place instead of making yourself sound silly.
But anyway yes MK7 is obviously my favorite Kart, but that alone isn't why I say it's the best as I have shown already. Diamond and Pearl is my favorite Pokemon game, but would I say it's the best? Certainly not, as the fact is Black n White are everything DnP are but with more, hence making them better. Now that I think about it, the same can basically be said for MK7 vs DD, only this time I prefer the factually better game. So unless someone refutes my points or comes up with advantages DD has that outweigh MK7's advantages, then yes it is a fact not opinion that MK7 is overall the better package.

Moreno said:

"Graphically, it's probably the most colorful and detailed version of Mario Kart. The karts are all very detailed and match each character perfectly. The framerate in 4 player vs. does not drop unlike the Wii version. The character models are also cleaner.

The two player per kart gives a new dimension with the characters as you can now experiment with the specials and you can find your perfect match. The handling is more balanced than the Wii version and there are not such discrepancies between karts.

The battle mode was very innovative and had some very creative tracks and options. Bob-Omb blast was chaotic and so was Sunshine Chasers (Or something).

In 1 vs. 1, the items were more balanced than in any other version as you could get behind and still catch up. That was a massive issue in the Wii version.

Personally, I liked the music a lot, although this one depends on each person."

I could leave it at that. That would answer your question, right? Well, again, no. You would say that MK7 has better all of the above. Then I would say, no DD does. It's just a cycle. No matter the strong points I point out on DD, you'll point out the strong points in MK7. It's an opinion about which is better, it'll always be that way. Even if one has something the other doesn't. 

Around the Network

^Um, it's called having a debate. Are we not allowed to have those now? I mean it's what we're doing right now, though it's not about the right topic. If you don't like the premise of a thread, just don't post in it, tis what I do.

Einsam_Delphin said:
^Um, it's called having a debate. Are we not allowed to have those now? I mean it's what we're doing right now, though it's not about the right topic. If you don't like the premise of a thread, just don't post in it, tis what I do.

Why are you making the assumption that I don't like debating threads? If I didn't like them I wouldn't be here still.

I was being sarcastic before, but then you got kind of annoyed with that so I just decided to tell you straight up what I was thinking. I just can't please you!

Einsam_Delphin said:
@Morenoingrato:
I am growing whether you want me to or not. :P

Anyway, I probably shoulda specified in the title but this is DD v.s. MK7 as those are the two highest regarded karts. Graphically, I actually believe MKWii n 7 are brighter and more colorful which I like, but really all Karts look fine so eh. In my +100 hours of MK7, I haven't noticed any framerate issues. It's been consistently smooth and the 3D makes it look even more vibrant and crisp.

There may not be any double karts in MK7, but what it does have is kart customization, which you can also experiment with n such. No character specials, but I feel that only helps keep the game balanced. Handling is just something you have to get used to from game to game. MK7's handling is probably different from DD but that doesn't mean it's better or worse. MKs controls are always solid afterall.

MK7 does have a Bomb-omb only option in it's balloon battle mode, and instead of Sunshine Chasers there's Coin Runners, which I'm guessing is the same thing but with coins instead.
I've actually done 1 v 1s in MK7, and I've been able to catch-up, but also hold the lead, but I think that's more because I'm too good hehe.

I think Mario Kart 7 is an excellent game so I don't have much against it. That said, I like DD better.

The framerate issues were with the Wii version specifically. I don't like the karts in MK7 though, they are bland and poorly designed. The customization had a lot of potential, but ultimately felt flat with lack of options.

I know you can set the items to be Bomb-omb only, but there is a massive flaw with MK7's battle mode. It's still time based and designed for a lot of players. You can't participate on deathmatches.

MK7 fixed the item unbalance from MKWii, but I do prefer the chaotic-fair dose of Double Dash.

The double driving forced collaboration. That is one part of it.
In my experience, Cooperative games usually make for better experiences and better memories than competitive games.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Just gotta say, one of the coolest things I've ever done or even seen period in Mario Kart happened the other day. Was having an all around lolzy online session in MK7, but the highlight was when early during a race, I got the blue shell. The front runner I knew from past races would always insta stop when a blue shell shows up on the bottom screen. I learned that the hard way as three times she dropped backed behind me literally the second someone got the Blue Shell. She was just too fast for meh! So yeah she managed to beat me each time that happened, but now this time I hads the blue shell! And so, she stopped and everyone else followed suit, but I just kept going, right past them all, with the Blue Shell still in mah possesion along with triple bannas behind me! "Muhahaha! How're yal gonna beat me now?" (since you know, there can only be one blue shell at a time). So needless to say I went the rest of the two laps with the blue shell intact the whole time. Was massive epicness right there! ^_^

But anywho, I'll respond to the above comments once I get on a device better suited to doing so.