By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Fans, why do you say DD is best Kart?

Tagged games:

I still don't see it. The double character thing I mean. Nothing there that couldn't have been done with just one choosable character.

But whatever anyway, sure Double Dash is good and it has two things that should return; special items (re-arranged and re-thought a bit) and the All-Cup Tour.

Around the Network

I'm surprised Moreno isn't in here tearing this thread up with all his straight talk about how Double Dash is the best. I was just going to quote him with "this!"... seems like I actually have to explain myself, though. :/

MK:DD has the best controls, the best items, the best tracks (no matter the small-ish selection), some of the best karts, the best local multi-player, and the best mechanics.
It's just the best. (Does 'best' still sound like a word to you?)

NintendoPie said:
MK7 has the best controls, the best items, the best tracks, some of the best karts, the best local multi-player, and the best mechanics.
It's just the best.

See what I did there? It's why comments like these don't mean anything (and possibly why this Moreno guy hasn't posted).

Einsam_Delphin said:

See what I did there? It's why comments like these don't mean anything (and possibly why this Moreno guy hasn't posted).

No, I don't see what you did "there." I don't even know where you are talking about. Also, my post made you question your whole life and you know it. Don't try to play it off like it didn't.

I also can't believe you don't know who Moreno is...

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

No, I don't see what you did "there." I don't even know where you are talking about. Also, my post made you question your whole life and you know it. Don't try to play it off like it didn't.

I also can't believe you don't know who Moreno is...

You most certainly did see what I did there. Don't try to play it off like you didn't. 

See what did I that time!? ;D

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

You most certainly did see what I did there. Don't try to play it off like you didn't. 

I get this... but I don't get your first reply. :P

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I get this... but I don't get your first reply. :P

What's not to get? I simply replaced MKDD in your comment I quoted with MK7.

Einsam_Delphin said:

What's not to get? I simply replaced MKDD in your comment I quoted with MK7.

Oh, well it just doesn't work that way. That's not the right equation.

^Why, cause you say so? *rolleyes*

Einsam_Delphin said:
NintendoPie said:
MK7 has the best controls, the best items, the best tracks, some of the best karts, the best local multi-player, and the best mechanics.
It's just the best.

Um... I was just reading this thread with the intention of posting my reasons and I have to deal with this crap? Seriously? Grow up.

OP:

Alright, maybe my opinion is biased with my nostalgic eyes, but here goes nothing.

Graphically, it's probably the most colorful and detailed version of Mario Kart. The karts are all very detailed and match each character perfectly. The framerate in 4 player vs. does not drop unlike the Wii version. The character models are also cleaner.

The two player per kart gives a new dimension with the characters as you can now experiment with the specials and you can find your perfect match. The handling is more balanced than the Wii version and there are not such discrepancies between karts.

The battle mode was very innovative and had some very creative tracks and options. Bob-Omb blast was chaotic and so was Sunshine Chasers (Or something).

In 1 vs. 1, the items were more balanced than in any other version as you could get behind and still catch up. That was a massive issue in the Wii version.

Personally, I liked the music a lot, although this one depends on each person.