By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Fans, why do you say DD is best Kart?

Tagged games:

Haven't played 7, wasn't a fan of MK Wii, really. Loved Double Dash, I was in college at the time so it's not a child hood nostalgia thing for me (that would be the SNES MK), just thought it had good controls (the Wii version, even with the GC controller, felt looser) and an awesome roster. I actually also liked the two rider in one cart gimmick, it was nice way to customize your experience and it allowed for MK Co-op for the first time ever.

Around the Network

Reposting for convenience!

With this thread I'm trying to find the reasons behind those who say MKDD is better than MK7 and see if they stack up against my reasons for saying the opposite. So far this where I'm at,

Mario Kart Double Dash:

-Robust Character Roster

-Superior Local Multiplayer (More Options/Modes, CO-OP play)

-Additional Depth n Customization through Double Karts 

Mario Kart 7:

-Online Multiplayer

-Most Balanced Overall, specifically the item line-up

-Retro Tracks

-Second Screen

-Additional Depth in Tracks (Tricks, Coins, Gliding, Water)

-Customizable Karts

Lemme know if I missed anything!

EDIT: Well that sure came out wrong. I'll have to fix it later when I'm on my PSTriple.

Spazzy_D said:
Haven't played 7, wasn't a fan of MK Wii, really. Loved Double Dash, I was in college at the time so it's not a child hood nostalgia thing for me (that would be the SNES MK), just thought it had good controls (the Wii version, even with the GC controller, felt looser) and an awesome roster. I actually also liked the two rider in one cart gimmick, it was nice way to customize your experience and it allowed for MK Co-op for the first time ever.

You don't have to have been a child to be blinded by nostalgia. :P

Also you should play MK7!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Spazzy_D said:

Been meaning to, but I already have the GBA MK and DS MK on the system, and I'm behind on my 3DS purchases... Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing come first... unless I randomly feel like playing a new Mario Kart.  Which is completly possible.

Spazzy_D said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Spazzy_D said:

Been meaning to, but I already have the GBA MK and DS MK on the system, and I'm behind on my 3DS purchases... Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing come first... unless I randomly feel like playing a new Mario Kart.  Which is completly possible.

Heh, I bet that list of purchases will only keep getting longer, meaning you'll never get MK7 unless you make it priority hehe.

Around the Network

DD is simply the deeper game in terms of gameplay with tons of subtleties

it has the better grafix too

DieAppleDie said:
DD is simply the deeper game in terms of gameplay with tons of subtleties

it has the better grafix too

Heh, so you finally show yourself. Wasn't sure you had it in ya. :P

Well anywho...

"MK7 is simply the deeper game in terms of gameplay with tons of subtleties."

See how easy that is and why comments like that mean nothing? This is only the 50 millionth time we've went over "X because I say so!" logic on this thread, but I guess you didn't read it all which is understandable, but you shoulda atleast read the OP and the last few post. Also, the graphical diference is hardly significant, and graphics themselves are one of the least important factors. An amazing looking game can still be uber terrible afterall.

So I take it yal have conceded to the fact that MK7 is the superior game then? ;D