By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Remember The Xbox. The Console That Started It All.

And by the way...

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
What was the white and black buttons for? But i can't believe anyone could game with that fat controller, it was huge. The controller we know today is far better. But, the Xbox was great for it's time. 8gb hard drive, online gaming through Xbox live, many great exclusives and support. It stood well against the PS2 (not in sales so much) and proved that another company can do it. Microsoft proved they could be successful with the 360

20GB hard drive originally.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I was so happy when the S controller came out. That huge, clunky Xbox controller was a burden to say the least.

How about during the Xbox revel, Someone start a live reactions thread?

Is this the Controller S that Bill Gates is holding?

Around the Network
fillet said:
the2real4mafol said:
What was the white and black buttons for? But i can't believe anyone could game with that fat controller, it was huge. The controller we know today is far better. But, the Xbox was great for it's time. 8gb hard drive, online gaming through Xbox live, many great exclusives and support. It stood well against the PS2 (not in sales so much) and proved that another company can do it. Microsoft proved they could be successful with the 360

Still amazing for the time, when Sony used to rip us off with 8MB memory cards!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

The original Xbox never did it for me. The controller was gigantic and clunky, the console itself was too big, and the good (exclusive) games were few and far between. 360 on the other hand is one of my favorite consoles. MS really got their shit together and improved with the 360, well other than the ridiculously high RROD rates.. but that was rectified. Hopefully they'll improve even more with the next console.

fillet said:
the2real4mafol said:

No, the Xbox never came with anything but an 8GB HDD. 

The Xbox 360 originally came with a 20GB in the Pro/Premium or none for the Core model.

J_Allard said:
Man my younger brother and I traded in our PS2 and some games just for Halo at launch. Played co-op for hours every night. I also loved PGR and NFL Fever, even though in retrospect, Fever was terrible.

Xbox library had some amazing gems. Armed and Dangerous, Rallisport Challenge 2, Links 2004 just to name a few.

Seriously I remember the days when Halo parties compelled everyone to drag their xbox and a big old fat Tube TV out to another friends house in order to get some multiplayer action. God Halo was awesome.... Miss the hell out of those days

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I'm a Nintendo fan, but I'm wishing you guys luck! I suspect hard times are ahead for the gaming industry, and we'll need some great consoles to weather them.

Love and tolerate.