By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Remember The Xbox. The Console That Started It All.

What was the white and black buttons for? But i can't believe anyone could game with that fat controller, it was huge. The controller we know today is far better. But, the Xbox was great for it's time. 8gb hard drive, online gaming through Xbox live, many great exclusives and support. It stood well against the PS2 (not in sales so much) and proved that another company can do it. Microsoft proved they could be successful with the 360

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

sweet memories of Halo 1 and oddworld with my small hands holding the fat controller

the2real4mafol said:
What was the white and black buttons for? But i can't believe anyone could game with that fat controller, it was huge. The controller we know today is far better. But, the Xbox was great for it's time. 8gb hard drive, online gaming through Xbox live, many great exclusives and support. It stood well against the PS2 (not in sales so much) and proved that another company can do it. Microsoft proved they could be successful with the 360

i think the black & white buttons are equilavent to the right and left bumpers

Did any of you original-Xbox-guys own Morrowind? If so what did you think of it back then?

I had the Xbox but I never bought Morrowind because I had it for PC already.

Pesmerga7551 said:
Little late, PS4 has all the buzz. Microsoft will basically have 1-2 weeks before E3 starts and allows Sony to derail that hype. Till now, Playstation brand has all the hype. They totally f***** the pooch on this one (IMO). When they announce, they can't be heavy Kinect focused, or always online focused or I really do believe, they will be done before they even come out. Even with their loyalties in the US, they should know when a new generation starts, this means almost nothing to people. People want to have what their friends have. And guess what, all my friends are talking about the PS4. And guess what, they want to buy it. And guess what, they are 360 gamers right now. Nearly all of them.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Did any of you original-Xbox-guys own Morrowind? If so what did you think of it back then?

I actually own two copies :D

I love Morrowind. It's the best Elder Scrolls game, in my opinion. And it played really well on Xbox.

I was so happy when the S controller came out. That huge, clunky Xbox controller was a burden to say the least.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Slimebeast said:

I love Morrowind. It's the best Elder Scrolls game, in my opinion. And it played really well on Xbox.

Two copies lol? I own several copies of Oblivion but that's because I'm fanatical about that game.

But did you complete it back in the Xbox-days?

Slimebeast said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Slimebeast said:

Two copies lol? I own several copies of Oblivion but that's because I'm fanatical about that game.

But did you complete it back in the Xbox-days?

No, I played it about 5 years ago.

Playing Fable back at its day gave me goosebumps. Amazing game, amazing console. Tons of hours of fun were spent in that machine =P