By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Destroys Xbox 720 as PS4 Levitates Sony

Blacksaber said:
Carl2291 said:
Im trying to see any sort of "point" with this... But I cant find one.

I dont get it.

What's the message?

Xboxs can't float on water while Playstations can?

The PS4 is basically an Xperia Z with water wings? I can dig that.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:

i have been following this particular site. They write garbage for hits. Stay away from them

I wonder why they post it on the front page then?

Carl2291 said:

I dont get it.

What's the message?

LOL!!

Another stupid, senseless, meaningless, rant article...

It is a disgrace to the web for articles like this to get hits... It is even more of a disgrace that VGC lets this be top news.

MS brands Xbox separate simply because MS is associated with the corporate world... It would not make sense to brand them together.

Sony is a consumer electronics brand and so is PS therefore branding together adds strength.

The rest of the article is a bunch of BS.

ironmanDX said:
mii-gamer said:

i have been following this particular site. They write garbage for hits. Stay away from them

Carl2291 said:

I dont get it.

What's the message?

LOL!!

it is N4G. im not trolling or attempting to troll. But N4g has the biggest sony fanboy infestation. Anything pro sony they will vote up.

Logic or any rational thought does not exist there. I had one dude call me a liar yesterday because i said sony was in debt. i was not even taking a dig at Sony. Just mentioned sony needs to be careful with their money.

That is not a VGChartz fault... it is a N4G community fault because this article is the most viewed in the latest hours... it is at 1090° on fire... crazy high.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

I dont get it.

What's the message?

Microsoft isn't a cool or hip company. Microsoft knows this which is why they left their branding out of the XBox 360 retail boxes.

Xbox however is a very popular console and it is "cool". What we've seen recently is Microsoft milking the Xbox brand for all its worth to try to push a music service and other stuff that doesn't even make sense and has no business having "Xbox" in its name. The only reason Skype is still Skype is being the service is very popular already. If it wasn't, you can bet Microsoft would call it "Xbox Video Chat".

Recently though, Microsfot has fumbled with Xbox. They're trying to move it away from what makes it cool and hip to try and make it more family and kid friendly with Kinect. If Microsoft succeeds is making it the family console, it wont' be the "cool" and "hip" thing anymore. It'll be the next Wii and we saw what happened there.

(The above paragraphs are just my paraphrasing of the article. They may or may not reflect my views.)

mii-gamer said:
ironmanDX said:
mii-gamer said:

Carl2291 said:

I dont get it.

What's the message?

LOL!!

it is N4G. im not trolling or attempting to troll. But N4g has the biggest sony fanboy infestation. Anything pro sony they will vote up.

Logic or any rational thought does not exist there. I had one dude call me a liar yesterday because i said sony was in debt. i was not even taking a dig at Sony. Just mentioned sony needs to be careful with their money.

You see what you want to see. There are plenty of "you know whats" from all sides on N4G. You just happened to click on a pro-Sony article which means pro-Sony fans are going to disagree with you. Go to a pro-Nintendo article and you'll be more likely to find people who agree with your point of view. There is an exception though, those articles which get really popular attract "you know what's" from all sides as they'll be right there in the front page and given a spotlight.

N4G isn't a place to have meaningful conversations or discussions. It's just a place to get news. Do what I do and delete your account. That way you won't be temped to comment in any of the stories.

what a piece of garbage (the article) the writer cant even construct a sentence properly.
"I’ve been an “Xbox guy” since the original one came out" no sir, you've been an idiot since the day you were born (just to clarify im not talking about somini, but the writer of the article)

I think MS is building XBOX to be a big brand that isn't about Gaming at the core but that could work for them, who knows

VGKing said:

Microsoft isn't a cool or hip company. Microsoft knows this which is why they left their branding out of the XBox 360 retail boxes.

Xbox however is a very popular console and it is "cool". What we've seen recently is Microsoft milking the Xbox brand for all its worth to try to push a music service and other stuff that doesn't even make sense and has no business having "Xbox" in its name. The only reason Skype is still Skype is being the service is very popular already. If it wasn't, you can bet Microsoft would call it "Xbox Video Chat".

Recently though, Microsfot has fumbled with Xbox. They're trying to move it away from what makes it cool and hip to try and make it more family and kid friendly with Kinect. If Microsoft succeeds is making it the family console, it wont' be the "cool" and "hip" thing anymore. It'll be the next Wii and we saw what happened there.

(The above paragraphs are just my paraphrasing of the article. They may or may not reflect my views.)

Right, thanks.

Xbox is going the way of Wii.

Imagine how popular the console will be if/when Microsoft retain the 3rd party support that made Xbox so strong in the 1st place. Could see PS2 levels of popularity!