By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Destroys Xbox 720 as PS4 Levitates Sony

Has Microsoft destroyed their Xbox brand?

The Xbox brand has from the start tried to disconnect itself from Microsoft, if you look at your controller and box the Microsoft logo’s are barely visible.

They did this purposely.

As you can see, there is no clear visible Microsoft branding on its retail box.

While Sony branding is all over the place.

With Microsoft having gone through a major company wide rebranding I feel like they might tarnish the Xbox brand.

Because associating a popular “young and hip” brand with Windows doesn’t make sense, thats why they didn’t do it in the first place.

A lot of people feel like Windows 8 and the entire re-brand that comes with it is all bad news, although I do like Windows 8 and the new Start Menu it had a lot of negative media attention.

I also think that because the Windows brand had been so degraded by their own doing they are now compiling all their failed products or brands in one with a very successful one, “Xbox”. (Zune, Games for Windows Live etc.)

I can tell you now that Xbox Music (Zune) sucks even more than it did before, and it’s presence on Xbox is more of a nuisance.

They should have just kept it simple with a standard music player and build a strong partnership with Spotify which is a healthy brand and it does what Xbox Music tries to do for much cheaper.

Xbox used to be associated with core gamers and big titles, in the early days of the 360 there used to be awesome demo’s coming out all of the time, now they are most Kinect family game demos.

They are trying to tap into the same source Nintendo used to sell loads of Wii’s now look where it got them with the Wii U.

Microsoft’s first party titles and amount of studio’s compared to Sony are laughable (Although Halo still is king of the hill for me).

I’ve been an “Xbox guy” since the original one came out, but now I’m seriously doubting the Xbox brand as to first party titles.

EA is the worst publisher ever and Ubisoft is copy pasting their business model, I don’t want to be stuck with just their AAA titles and a lot of gamers I’ve talked to on Xbox Live agree.

Also, I don’t think all the secrecy around this “always on thing” does Microsoft any good, if they do confirm this in May, I think they are going to be hit hard by Sony.

http://societyandreligion.com/microsoft-destroys-xbox-720-ps4-levitates-sony/

Around the Network

"Levitates"...

-> Elevates.

Gotta love mistakes in the title :D (It does not go for you, Somini. You wrote it as it was written).

Wright said:
"Levitates"...

-> Elevates.

Gotta love mistakes in the title :D (It does not go for you, Somini. You wrote it as it was written).

lol thanks for pointing that out :D

Do you think i should correct that? I don't want to be stoned by some for having changed the article.

do you search for that negative stuff all the time or are you accidentally on all those weird sites?

The guy have a good point but I disagree in most arguments to hold his point.

lol yes if the "always on" is confirmed true it will be a big hit but I think it is only confusion over the real feature... no used games is more like to happen.

Around the Network

i have been following this particular site. They write garbage for hits. Stay away from them

Im trying to see any sort of "point" with this... But I cant find one.

I dont get it.

What's the message?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
crissindahouse said:
do you search for that negative stuff all the time or are you accidentally on all those weird sites?

this article is in the front page of vgchartz

indeed! he still seems to search a lot for those articles if i look at his post history.

Carl2291 said:
Im trying to see any sort of "point" with this... But I cant find one.

I dont get it.

What's the message?

Xboxs can't float on water while Playstations can?

Former something....

*Calculates*: No.