By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How come if you don't like an exclusive title you are automatically biased?

bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
2 bans and counting in this thread. lets see how many personal insults will be thrown around. too bad i missed the opportunity to report those guys myself

I happily reported both of them.  1st for obvious reasons. 2nd for stealth trolling.  I actually reported Deyon as well because I see that as an unneccessary comment as well but i guess the mods feel other wise.  

lol that was stealth trolling? who basically called games pieces of shit. and yeah deyons comments were out of place. he is my friend but i dont think he should have made that comment. 

Maybe it was just trolling haha  Either way he got banned for it so it's all good.  66% I'll live with.

EDIT:  I like Deyon sometimes but he has came at me on multiple occasions for reasons I dont even think he is aware of.

yeah i know, i once tried talking to him about the subject but i dont know. i dont think he got my point. you guys are both my friends but i just thought deyon shouldnt have said what he said. though i didnt report him and i dont think his comment is ban worthy 

We think the same way. Deyon is a good friend, but that comment wasn't needed. Plus, I didn't know he was back.

Around the Network
Wright said:
bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
2 bans and counting in this thread. lets see how many personal insults will be thrown around. too bad i missed the opportunity to report those guys myself

I happily reported both of them.  1st for obvious reasons. 2nd for stealth trolling.  I actually reported Deyon as well because I see that as an unneccessary comment as well but i guess the mods feel other wise.  

lol that was stealth trolling? who basically called games pieces of shit. and yeah deyons comments were out of place. he is my friend but i dont think he should have made that comment. 

Maybe it was just trolling haha  Either way he got banned for it so it's all good.  66% I'll live with.

EDIT:  I like Deyon sometimes but he has came at me on multiple occasions for reasons I dont even think he is aware of.

yeah i know, i once tried talking to him about the subject but i dont know. i dont think he got my point. you guys are both my friends but i just thought deyon shouldnt have said what he said. though i didnt report him and i dont think his comment is ban worthy 

We think the same way. Deyon is a good friend, but that comment wasn't needed. Plus, I didn't know he was back.

ohh he is back alright finally too. he sure did make the forums more fun

If you don't like Flower that doesn't make you biased against Sony, that makes you a hater of nature and a supporter of global warming.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

This is something you should ask the person who told you. Don't assume everyone thinks this way.

JayWood2010 said:
Kresnik said:

It seems to me you just don't like B-tier games. At least, your 360 & PS3 list seems heavily populated with them.

Which is almost the exact opposite of my preference in games. I tend to like the slightly-lower budget stuff and am not such a fan of the AAA games. I've never been called out for being biased for disliking Gran Turismo, Forza, Killzone or Gears, though!

Perhaps it's something more to do with your attitude. But I don't really know what the answer to your question is.  Kinda mostly drifted off-topic with this post, whoops.

Yeah I tend not to like B-tier games. Although I do like some.  

P.S. I like all the title you mentioned.

Here is another question for everybody.  A few people might know what Im talking about on this.  I like Forza more than GT so if I say that im a MSFT fan.  Same thing goes to me if I say i like InFamous more than Crackdown.  And for a while more than Prototype.  For whatever reason Xbox fans was associated with Prototype.  So when i said I though InFamous was better people automattically thought I was sony Biased.  This goes on and on with whatever two title you say that are exclusive.  

But then when I say I like CoD more than Battlefield there is no harm no foul.  I mean people might say that im wrong but i dont get called biased for it.  Why is this only associated with exclusive titles?  And why can't people like something more than something else and say it?

It's about your attitude. You don't get as defensive and aggressive when people talk bad about Nintendo or Sony as you do when people talk bad about Microsoft.

I know you wish people here would see you as unbiased... But being biased really isn't the same as being a blind fanboy. Or course, one doesn't go without the other. But, being biased is having preferrences. Which is totally normal. I'm particularly biased toward dark haired women.

You can have preferrences while still being reasonable.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

It's about your attitude. You don't get as defensive and aggressive when people talk bad about Nintendo or Sony as you do when people talk bad about Microsoft.

I know you wish people here would see you as unbiased... But being biased really isn't the same as being a blind fanboy. Or course, one doesn't go without the other. But, being biased is having preferrences. Which is totally normal. I'm particularly biased toward dark haired women.

Maybe cause there's more bad talk about MS here than the other two. And considering there is a smaller Xbox community here, some of us do need to get a little defensive to prove a point. And its not that easy to do that when you have plently of fanboys criticising everything MS does. For example, last week, a Pizza hut app turned into MS not caring about the core gamer anymore and losing focus which is quite a drastic and silly conclusion to draw.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Hynad said:

Maybe cause there's more bad talk about MS here than the other two. And considering there is a smaller Xbox community here, some of us do need to get a little defensive to prove a point. And its not that easy to do that when you have plently of fanboys criticising everything MS does. For example, last week, a Pizza hut app turned into MS not caring about the core gamer anymore and losing focus which is quite a drastic and silly conclusion to draw.

Somebody gets it :) 

FanboysSuck said:

Oh look, another moronic thread created by the the most fucking pathetic, ignorant and narrow-minded twat on this site. Nobody said disliking certain exclusives makes you bias, you are bias because you unfairly compare games that are obviously incomparable for many reasons, fabricate facts, wrongly speak for the majority and assume they're in your favor when they're not and in your thread change the title to a positive comment about one game (Gears of War: Judgment when it passed God of War: Ascension WW) a.k.a. something it's objectively achieved (sales) whilst downplaying that same achievement made by the game you're comparing (God of War: Ascension is now outselling Gears of War: Judgment and instead of being positive this time you say both games have declined a lot just so you didn't have to be positive towards the game you like less. Can you not understand what you've done to piss people off? Your ill-informed, ignorant and intolerant posts are just cringe-worth and I don't understand why you aren't banned more often for spamming this site with your nonsense. What is your PSN & Gamertag, I want to see if you've at least played and completed the games you go on about, probably not.

You are a fucking stealth trolling simpleton and the saddest part is that you don't even have a brain in your hideous head to work out when you're doing it. And I don't care if I get banned, I hardly ever come on this site anyway but somebody needs to give JayWood2010 a reality check and tell him he's a infuriatingly stupid cunt.

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

This guy bares a striking resemblance to someone else on this forum... hmm.

JayWood2010 said:

How come if you don't like an exclusive title you are automatically considered biased towards that company?  That is something that annoys me.  I'll put a list of exclusive titles that I can remember that I genuinely don't like or just do not care about.  And Im sure their is tons of other exclusives i don't like that are popular or moderately popular anyways.  But if you say you don't like them you are automatically biased.  Does anybody else feel this way?

X360 PS3 Wii
Lost odyssey God of War: Ascension Wii Sports
Gears Judgement Flower Wii Fit
Crackdown  Sly Cooper Pretty much the whole wii series
Crackdown 2 Play Station All Stars Animal Crossing
Banjo Nuts & Bolts Twisted Metal Dragon Quest
Blue Dragon MAG Super Paper Mario
Too Human Socom Kirby Yarn
Perfect Dark Zero Yakuza Wario Ware
Kinect games Move Games Metroid Other M

Do you like The Last Story, or Tales of Vesperia/Infinite Undiscovery/Magna Carta 2/Star Ocean: The Last Hope (timed exclusive)? Maybe you actually just don't like Mistwalker developed games, or 360 exclusive JRPG's? While I think LO was an excellent game 360 isn't as strong or diverse of an RPG machine as PS1/PS2/DS/GBA have been.

Your not biased, it's just your taste.

------

BTW, except for my burning passion for Lost Odyssey, I kinda agree with you on this list. A lot of these games have gotten undeserved love because they are exclusive, and published by the console manufacter, but in reality, they are meh or crap.

However I did like Metroid: Other M (then again I am a huge Metroid fan) and Wii Sports (but this is a game I play with my gf).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

who gives a fuck if u are biased lol