By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How come if you don't like an exclusive title you are automatically biased?

How come if you don't like an exclusive title you are automatically considered biased towards that company?  That is something that annoys me.  I'll put a list of exclusive titles that I can remember that I genuinely don't like or just do not care about.  And Im sure their is tons of other exclusives i don't like that are popular or moderately popular anyways.  But if you say you don't like them you are automatically biased.  Does anybody else feel this way?

X360 PS3 Wii
Lost odyssey God of War: Ascension Wii Sports
Gears Judgement Flower Wii Fit
Crackdown  Sly Cooper Pretty much the whole wii series
Crackdown 2 Play Station All Stars Animal Crossing
Banjo Nuts & Bolts Twisted Metal Dragon Quest
Blue Dragon MAG Super Paper Mario
Too Human Socom Kirby Yarn
Perfect Dark Zero Yakuza Wario Ware
Kinect games Move Games Metroid Other M

Around the Network

That's the definition of bias...having preferences.

Jay520 said:
That's the definition of bias.

So because I don't like Gears Judgement I'm biased toward MSFT?  Or does that just mean I don't care for the game?

JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

So because I don't like Gears Judgement I'm biased toward MSFT?  Or does that just mean I don't care for the game?

It means you are biased towards the game.

*Facepalm*

Typical Jaywood. Whenever someone says something he doesn't like, instead of replying to him, he makes a thread whining/bitching about it.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

I think you mean biased "against"

If you tend to like one company's game over another, then you are biased. You don't even have to have fanboyish reasoning. So long as you have an inclination, you're biased. We're all biased unless you happen to enjoy Sony games in general as much as Microsoft games and Nitnendo games. That's rarely the case though. 

Definition of BIAS

b : an inclination of temperament or outlook; especially : a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment : prejudice

Note that having unreasoned judgement is not a requirement to be biased. 

You didn't lie Banjo Nuts & Bolts?! I guess I'm one of the only people that really liked the game :( .

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Deyon said:

DEYON! YOU'RE BACK! =DDDD

Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

I think you mean biased "against"

If you tend to like one company's game over another, then you are biased. You don't even have to have fanboyish reasoning. So long as you have an inclination, you're biased. We're all biased unless you happen to enjoy Sony games in general as much as Microsoft games and Nitnendo games. That's rarely the case though. 

Definition of BIAS

b : an inclination of temperament or outlook; especially : a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment : prejudice

Note that having unreasoned judgement is not a requirement to be biased. 

How come it can't just be I like this game because it is good or i don't like this game because I think it is bad?  Why does there always have to be some hidden agenda behind it?

Ill try any game on any system which is what everyone else should do before judging a game weather your a fanboy of either of these consoles or not. If you have not played the game you cannot judge the game based on other people's reviews,ideas and opinions. Even if you have played a game in the series before you shouldnt base the whole series around that 1 game you didnt like (this i have a hard time with sometimes though). Point if you started the Final Fantasy series at 13 and didnt like that game,would you deem the whole series from the past and future installments as being bad?

Out of that list heres the ones i've played

Lost Odyssey (Liked)
Gears of War Judgement (Liked)
Too Human (Liked)
Shadowrun (Meh)

Platstation Allstars (Meh)
Twisted Metal (Liked)
MAG (Meh)

Wii Sports (Liked)
Dragon Quest (which one?)
Super Paper Mario (Liked)
Kirby Epic Yarn (Liked but i can see it turning some off cause of how "cute" it is