By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft X game improved graphics? (video added)

Nem said:
Hynad said:
Nem said:
Hynad said:
Nem said:
Hynad said:
Nem said:
I know i will get hate for the tech nuts, but X still looks like the most impressive "next-gen" game i saw so far. I still get chills watching that trailer.
Also, taking into account i dont believe the deep down and agni stuff until i see it in playable form.

Yeah, especially that part at 0:55. That face looks so next gen!

And there we go! Thanks for proving me right and not understanding that that is the art design chosen.

Ha ha ha! The art design? You mean the "roundness" of the face, and the "intricacies" of that character's face is all due to art style? 

xD

Right. Well, swallow it then. The trailer still looks more impressive than the trash Sony showed. And this is because of aestetics. The reason why games like Kirby's epic yarn have good graphics. You wouldnt be able to understand, dont worry.

Not be able to understand? Is that really your only way to debate around here? You're that shallow?

Considering I studied graphics and visual arts, and recently started taking classes to become a concept design artist, I find your assumption here quite amusing.
When I talk to people like you, it's really funny to see that since their object of fascination gets scrutinized, they go back in a corner pretending that they're somehow enlighted to what should be accepted as beautiful and/or technically impressive, and that anyone saying different are somehow incapable of grasping the greatness of such divine manifestations because they lack that little something special to see and understand properly.  

When in actual reality, no one questions the resulting beauty of such things. People don't say the game doesn't look beautiful, and neither do I. People are saying it isn't technically impressive in any way compared to what was shown on the PS4 or that it simply doesn't look next gen. But guess what? Games like God of War 3, Uncharted, Halo 4, Forza 4... they don't stop being impressive looking just because they're not "next-gen". -__-

But sure... Art style and all that jazz. 

Also, I've never hid the fact that I think Super Mario Galaxy is one of the most beautiful games I played this last gen. So, there you have it. Try harder next time.

Good for you. It still gets me more more excited than the stuff Sony showed, and there is nothing you can do to change that. Good day!

LOL. I'm not here to try to change what you're saying. Anyone who prefer JRPG to any other kind of games will have this game on its radar. That includes me, by the way. ^__-

But your definition of what looks "next gen" is sketchy at best.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Nem said:

Good for you. It still gets me more more excited than the stuff Sony showed, and there is nothing you can do to change that. Good day!

LOL. I'm not here to try to change what you're saying. Anyone who prefer JRPG to any other kind of games will have this game on its radar. That includes me, by the way. ^__-

But your definition of what looks "next gen" is sketchy at best.

As you very well pointed out, i wrote "next-gen" between quotation marks. What "next-gen" is exactly is debatable. If it eases your mind, i can just aswell say it looks the best out of the new consoles. Wether you want to consider the Wii U next-gen or not isnt really the point here. The point is i find the X trailer alot more pleasing than anything i saw on the playstation meeting unveil.

Hynad said:
Shinobi-san said:

I don't see how you can have any sort of conclusive opinion about the graphics based on a 1 min trailer.

And to be honest despite all the amazing looking games this gen....this still made my eyes pop. Maybe its the music, maybe its the scope i honestly dont care.

I sure as hell wasnt counting polygons while i was being amazed by the footage

As I said a few times again, I never said the game doesn't look great. For any JRPG enthusiast, this looks like one hell of a game.  

The character models are barely any better than those found in FF XIII, the draw distance sure makes the game seem massive and immersive, but the excuse that since it's an open world game, they had to sacrifice the amount of polygons used for character is actually saying quite a bit about the limitation of the hardware.

So yeah,  to say this looks technically more "next gen" than anything that was shown from the PS4 event...  ¬_¬

Honestly what are you on about?

I didnt say this looked technically better than what Sony showed... I didnt say it didnt either. Go read my initial post again.

All I said was that this to me looks like one of the most impressive next gen games. I dont care about the technicalities of the graphics.

Which was the whole point of my post. Basically how hardware limitations are not the only factor that comes into play when making a next gen game. Everything about the trailer was a positive for ME. The scope , music, action etc.

And to be honest who on this site REALLY understand the technical details behind graphics engines? I can tell you  based on discussion on this site theres about a handful of people who have the slightest idea. The rest have no clue despite what they "think" they know. So can we move on from the Sony vs Nintendo thing now and focus on the game at hand?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

WHY DOES EVERY THREAD END IN AN ARGUMENT ON THIS DAMN SITE WTF?!?!?!

FFS the game looks good to a lot of people. It looks NEXT GEN to a lot of people. These are certainly not technical terms. If someone could give me the technical measurement that defines next gen then that's a different case. But there isn't.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Hynad said:
Shinobi-san said:

I don't see how you can have any sort of conclusive opinion about the graphics based on a 1 min trailer.

And to be honest despite all the amazing looking games this gen....this still made my eyes pop. Maybe its the music, maybe its the scope i honestly dont care.

I sure as hell wasnt counting polygons while i was being amazed by the footage

As I said a few times again, I never said the game doesn't look great. For any JRPG enthusiast, this looks like one hell of a game.  

The character models are barely any better than those found in FF XIII, the draw distance sure makes the game seem massive and immersive, but the excuse that since it's an open world game, they had to sacrifice the amount of polygons used for character is actually saying quite a bit about the limitation of the hardware.

So yeah,  to say this looks technically more "next gen" than anything that was shown from the PS4 event...  ¬_¬

Honestly what are you on about?

I didnt say this looked technically better than what Sony showed... I didnt say it didnt either. Go read my initial post again.

All I said was that this to me looks like one of the most impressive next gen games. I dont care about the technicalities of the graphics.

Which was the whole point of my post. Basically how hardware limitations are not the only factor that comes into play when making a next gen game. Everything about the trailer was a positive for ME. The scope , music, action etc.

And to be honest who on this site REALLY understand the technical details behind graphics engines? I can tell you  based on discussion on this site theres about a handful of people who have the slightest idea. The rest have no clue despite what they "think" they know. So can we move on from the Sony vs Nintendo thing now and focus on the game at hand?

Did you follow the discussion? If you had, you would understand that my post was addressing points from the whole ungoing discussion.

And I've already made it clear that I think the games look like a very good one. So would you tone the defensiveness down a notch, please.

And finally, this isn't about Sony vs Nintendo. Never been. When we mention the technical aspects of the Wii U, it's it vs Next Gen. But since the only other Next Gen console we know about is the PS4, I can understand the confusion. Rest assured that when the NexBox will be revealed and footage of its games come out, the comparisons will include all 3. ^__-

Around the Network

Its all about scale.

The sheer size of the world, the enemies. Having that while looking as great as it does is quite special. Compare it to something similar. Compare it to other JRPGs.

It blows them away. Its like what weve been waiting for with Versus XIII, but this is actually a reality.

After missing out on Xenoblade, this might be the game to.push me into the Wii U net.

Hynad said:

Did you follow the discussion? If you had, you would understand that my post was addressing points from the whole ungoing discussion.

And I've already made it clear that I think the games look like a very good one. So would you tone the defensiveness down a notch, please.

And finally, this isn't about Sony vs Nintendo. Never been. When we mention the technical aspects of the Wii U, it's it vs Next Gen. But since the only other Next Gen console we know about is the PS4, I can understand the confusion. Rest assured that when the NexBox will be revealed and footage of its games come out, the comparisons will include all 3. ^__-

I followed the dicussion did you?

You made some silly comment about Faces etc. And then Nem was just denfending his viewpoint that he finds the game more impressive than what Sony showed. Which i agree with.And just to be clear here by "Impressive" we mean just that. Nothing more.

You then started talking about "technical" fluff. Not relevant to either mine or Nem's point of view. Which is why im still confused about what your on about.

No1 is confused about the WiiU's capabilities btw....we all know more or less whats in it. Again that has nothing to do with the game being discussed and how wonderfully impressive it looks

Carl2291 said:
Its all about scale.

The sheer size of the world, the enemies. Having that while looking as great as it does is quite special. Compare it to something similar. Compare it to other JRPGs.

It blows them away. Its like what weve been waiting for with Versus XIII, but this is actually a reality.

After missing out on Xenoblade, this might be the game to.push me into the Wii U net.

Exactly!

This will definitely be the reason I buy a WiiU. Lets just hope it comes out in the west?

Can see it now, looks good yes. I hope the gamepad integration is cool though.

Yep, I much prefer this more colorful version to the original.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club