By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

pezus said:

But Capcom loves money. They would get more money if they made a Vita game. Nothing is stopping them from making both Vita games and 3DS games, except Nintendo's checks

Would they? I dont think they would.

3DS development will be cheaper and quicker. 3DS development would mean the game has a higher install base to aim at. The Monster Hunter fanbase is currently either a) on 3DS due to MH3 or b) migrating to 3DS ready for MH4.

There is literally no real reason why there should be Monster Hunter games on Vita instead of 3DS.

Around the Network

Capcom: "We got no plains on Vita games anytime soon

It's kind of a myth that Monster Hunter made the PSP a success in Japan. It added maybe a few million sales, but given that the hardware sales is nearly 20 million (that's well beyond even the Wii) a few million from MH wouldn't make or break the system.

PSV lovers should not count on Capcom announcing a MH for PSV until it gets a given user base.
PSV haters should not count on Capcom NOT announcing it once the user base target is reached.
Capcom should not count on Sony not releasing games catering to typical MH fans if the wait lasts too long.

Basically, though, Sony shouldn't count on MH to get a user base large enough, if they achieve it, MH, if it will come, will be a bonus.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Maybe there's a contract still on effect.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Given the Vita's sales, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised.

Vita is surpassing XBOX's sales in Japan or already did. And yet we see exclusive MH games coming that sold 6k first week.. It's all about moneyhatting.

If your argument was valid no one would develop any game at 2011 when it had 0 sales !

If you ask me, I would say that Sony discussed the project with Capcom but it somehow failed. "They were present at the presentation of the Vita in Jan2011, and they showed how good a MH would be on vita with the dual analog sticks".. Then Sony turned to develop new Hunting titles instead: Soul Sacrifice, Valhalla Knights 3, Toukiden..

Statements like this one are worthless, because any game thats in development that hasn't got to the point in a Press Release will always be... "Not at the current time".

Actually reading the quote sounded positive to me, that something might appear in the future, and what with certain games now being made on both DS and Vita, it wouldn't surprise me.

PS I am not a monster hunter player and don't care for it, but saying not at this time is certainly not a "never".

"... because you will be able to play the PS4 Monter Hunter on your PS Vita anyway"

Maybe its not so bad I mean if Capcom did put Monster Hunter on the Vita; do you think they'll have some "on the Cartage" DLC?

It's a little ironic to see Sony fans shed so many tears over being treated "unfairly" by third parties. If the same hadn't happened to Nintendo, Sony never would've got its place in the industry.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx