By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Okami announcement coming next week (Update: Okami book with stickers and shiz)

RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:
Soriku said:

OMG Okami 2 developed by Platinum Games plz. But I won't get my hopes up :(

Nintendo is publishing a lot of Platinum Games work, but doesn't Capcom own the rights to Okami?

Then again, Nintendo and Capcom are buddy buddy. I hope this is the case too, it would make an amazing Wii U exclusive.

----

P.S. I just bought Okami for Wii the other day. Looking forward to it.

A new Okami developed by Platinum Games would be the strangest move ever, because PG was founded by former employees of Clover, the studio that Capcom shut down due to its underperforming games which included Okami.

On topic: I doubt this is going to be about a new game. Best case scenario is a port of Okami HD for the Wii U. Most likely it's about bringing Okami or Okamiden to iOS and Android, because you'll never learn, Soriku.

I like Strange decisions, and I really hope for that. Didn't know PG's was composed of staff who left Clover. I love PG's work, now I'm a bit more excited to play Okami for Wii.

I doubt they will bring Okami/Okami-den to smartphones. It's a bit beyond the device.

---

My best case is an Okami 2 Wii U exclusive. My worst case is localization of Okami HD for PS3.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:
Soriku said:

Nintendo is publishing a lot of Platinum Games work, but doesn't Capcom own the rights to Okami?

Then again, Nintendo and Capcom are buddy buddy. I hope this is the case too, it would make an amazing Wii U exclusive.

----

A new Okami developed by Platinum Games would be the strangest move ever, because PG was founded by former employees of Clover, the studio that Capcom shut down due to its underperforming games which included Okami.

On topic: I doubt this is going to be about a new game. Best case scenario is a port of Okami HD for the Wii U. Most likely it's about bringing Okami or Okamiden to iOS and Android, because you'll never learn, Soriku.

I like Strange decisions, and I really hope for that. Didn't know PG's was composed of staff who left Clover. I love PG's work, now I'm a bit more excited to play Okami for Wii.

I doubt they will bring Okami/Okami-den to smartphones. It's a bit beyond the device.

---

My best case is an Okami 2 Wii U exclusive. My worst case is localization of Okami HD for PS3.

?  It's already on PSN...

darkknightkryta said:
Michael-5 said:
RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:
Soriku said:

----

---

?  It's already on PSN...

Oh....I assumed it wasn't because it released hard copy in Japan, and not outside Japan.

My PS3 broke a while back, I'm getting a new one this fall when I'm certain PS4 is not BC, and when prices come down.

----

My new worst case, Okamiden/Okami remake for 3DS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

Oh....I assumed it wasn't because it released hard copy in Japan, and not outside Japan.

My PS3 broke a while back, I'm getting a new one this fall when I'm certain PS4 is not BC, and when prices come down.

----

Well digital only, it's been out for a while.   They haven't released a hard copy, I didn't even know they had one in Japan.  Maybe it has english in it.  I may or may not import it.

darkknightkryta said:
Michael-5 said:

----

Well digital only, it's been out for a while.   They haven't released a hard copy, I didn't even know they had one in Japan.  Maybe it has english in it.  I may or may not import it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=okami

Sold 130,000 units in Japan, and I read an article that they have no plans to bring over a hard copy. I must have misread that for there are no plans to release it on PS3.

On PSN is it Okami HD, or Okami PS2?

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Michael-5 said:

----

Sold 130,000 units in Japan, and I read an article that they have no plans to bring over a hard copy. I must have misread that for there are no plans to release it on PS3.

Okami HD.  It's based off the Wii port of the game so it uses move.  They even fixed the... paper... graphics?  I can't remember what the art style was called, but there was problems getting it running on the Wii properly.  Plus the missing lighting (PS2 uses that fancy sparkle light that's not really emulated right).  Atleast I think they fixed those issues.

darkknightkryta said:
Michael-5 said:

Okami HD.  It's based off the Wii port of the game so it uses move.  They even fixed the... paper... graphics?  I can't remember what the art style was called, but there was problems getting it running on the Wii properly.  Plus the missing lighting (PS2 uses that fancy sparkle light that's not really emulated right).  Atleast I think they fixed those issues.

Well....we both learned something new here.

Thanks Mate.

So... any news yet?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I just bought the Wii version :D ! I hope they announce an Okamiden port for the 3DS...or even better: A new game for the 3DS named: Okamidenden !

Nothing yet then. Sad times.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.