By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ remaining IPs sold.. Gearbox got Homeworld.. Darksiders to Nordic Games

Headline should be "Gearbox saves Homeworld from Nordic black hole".

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:

and transforms it into a supernova that will shatter fan's dreams.

Should I be worried about Darksiders? :/ I'll look into the buyer's track record.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Will catalog THQ titles still be sold at retailers or I need to rush buying Darksiders II before it runs out of copies?

Wasn't Crytek supposed to buy Darksiders due to them recruiting most of the former Vigil employees including some key figures?

This is so sad.

Around the Network

Hell yeah regarding Darksiders. Quality would depend on who they get to develop though.

Meh @ Homefront. Gearbox has disappointed me ever since the first Borderlands. In fact that's the only decent game they have made this gen imho. And before that, they had Brothers in Arms, which ran its course, and a bunch of port jobs of other peoples work. Homefront was already a pretty average game imho, maybe they can do better though.

J_Allard said:
Hell yeah regarding Darksiders. Quality would depend on who they get to develop though.

Meh @ Homefront. Gearbox has disappointed me ever since the first Borderlands. In fact that's the only decent game they have made this gen imho. And before that, they had Brothers in Arms, which ran its course, and a bunch of port jobs of other peoples work. Homefront was already a pretty average game imho, maybe they can do better though.

Homeworld not Homefront...

wow massive reading fail

I thought it was weird that the tweet said PC platforms.

Nordic Games? I have never heard of them. Looking on Wikipedia it looks like they published Alan Wake on PC in Europe but I don't know what to think of this.

BaldrSkies said:

Apparently the runners up were Stardock and Paradox Entertainment. The CEO of Stardock makes Gearbox look like a sient in comparison and is a real duche, but at least have stratergy experiance and could have given the game to Ironclad Games (makers of Sins of a Solar empire which Stardock published). Paradox would have been the prefered pick after SEGA but it looks like SEGA had no intention of picking it up. 

The Gearbox hate gets a bit hyperbolic due to the A:CM fiasco that they screwed up royaly but SEGA is just as much at fault for that. They are not the best developer around but they are aparently hiring people interested in working on the franchise now so the fact that Gearbox hasn't done a lot of games like this in the past isn't really a huge problem if they get the right people most of the people that made Homeworld don't work for Relic anymore. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!