By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THQ remaining IPs sold.. Gearbox got Homeworld.. Darksiders to Nordic Games

I just want Worms 2 Armageddon on Wii U eshop.

Around the Network

Man, I can't find any good games that Nordic games has done.... I can't even find them on Wikipedia! nearest thing to nordic games is jowood entertainment. I'm seriously worried about darksiders now. That IP needed a developer with experience to take it to the next level....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Nordic Games? Who the hell are they?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Nordic Games is a holding company that owns 3 publishing labels JoWooD Entertainment, DreamCatcher Interactive and The Adventure Company. The important part is that they are a publisher not a developer so their past works aren't really important here it's which developers they farm the games out to. They are pretty small but this might be a sign that they are looking to make a big push. Just like Koch Media did with Dead Island and later buying Metro: LL and Saints Row, I mean who here had heard of them before those games?

Who knows maybe Platnum Games might get the tap for Darksidrs lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Please give me a TRUE sequel to Supreme Commander, and let us forget Supreme Commander 2 ever happened!!!

Edit:  Interestingly, they only got Supreme Commander and its expansion...?  Does this mean they do or do not have rights to produce more?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Edit: Dont want Platinum games to work on it since none of their works are never released on PC.

That is the publishers fault tho. Platnum's engine runs on PC (They even have a playable build of Bayonetta with Nvidia 3D support) and they have said they are very interested in releaseing something for the PC and Steam.

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/24/3383184/platinum-games-on-pc-steam-kickstarter-tgs

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Yay Destroy all humans has been picked up, would love to see a game as good as the originals on PS2/xbox.
The DaH game released this gen was utter horseshit and it would be great to see a studio revive the series.

zarx said:
Nordic Games is a holding company that owns 3 publishing labels JoWooD Entertainment, DreamCatcher Interactive and The Adventure Company. The important part is that they are a publisher not a developer so their past works aren't really important here it's which developers they farm the games out to. They are pretty small but this might be a sign that they are looking to make a big push. Just like Koch Media did with Dead Island and later buying Metro: LL and Saints Row, I mean who here had heard of them before those games?

That's actually quite reasuring!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

From what I took of this:

"Brian intends as first priority to direct Gearbox's interest to preserve and assemble the purest form of the original acclaimed and beloved games, Homeworld and Homeworld 2, with the intent of making them accessible on today's leading digital platforms."

Tells me that they're going to dumb the game down essentially for the consoles or smartphones, ruining a great PC exclusive as Homeworld was credited by forcing players to think outside a 2D box in terms of strategy.
I would have preffered if Stardock got it, they did an amazing job on Sins of a Solar Empire.
Or hell, if Sega got it and gave it to Relic.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

DanneSandin said:
zarx said:

That's actually quite reasuring!!

Or you know they could just keep the IPs locked up in a vault or hire C grade devs and give them tiny budgets to cash in on the name. Who knows at this point. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter