By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 on PS3, confirmed by an Italian dealer

MoHasanie said:
That's a mistake by Sony is its true cause it will just hurt Driveclub's sales.

Yes but it will hurt DriveClub's sales less than a PS4 GT.

Think of it this way. A driving simulation fan would buy a PS3 GT6 while an arcade racing show off my console fan will buy DC. Even after a few months of release DC will be the best looking driving game so tons of people will buy it.

However, if GT6 was on PS4 and had simulation AND graphics, then the second it is announced no one would give a rat's ass about DriveClub.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Guys... PD will never do a GT game for PS3 in less than two or three years... face it.

If GT6 comes out this November, that would be exactly 3 years. Sounds about right. The GT 7 would be released about 3 years later once PS4 is affordable to the masses.

eFKac said:
VGKing said:
eFKac said:
Ok either it means Sony is still deluded and we can count for another plethora of fuck ups a'la PS3 launch style or they are really desperate for money ASAP and GT6 will be on PS3 for the quick and easy buck.

PS. I really feel sad for the guys at Evolution Studios if this is true

and PS#2. The cover looks totally awesome!!!

What's so fucked up about supporting the PS3? You want Sony to abandon the PS3 like that other company did for their console?

There will be millions of more PS3s sold over the next few years. The kind of people who will buy a $250 PS3 won't even consider a $500 PS4. So i this case, I say Gran Turismo 6 release PS3 is the best thing Sony can do. Besides, these PS3 owners will end up upgrading to PS4 in the future to play the GT 7.

No, I don't want Sony to cut the PS3 support.

What I want is a wise long-term strategy from SCE and in my opinion releasing the pretty much unarguably biggest system seller that SCE has, on a old platform when the next gen will just be out of the gate is as far from "the best thing Sony can do" as it can get in that mather.

To take it further, we all know how much time it takes Polyphony to develop a game. We may not see GT7 on PS4 until 2015-2016, it looks like the PS3/GT5 debacle again and there is also PS Vita which would also benefit from a Gran Turismo title. But SCE and PD decides to put GT6 on the least viable platform.

Next thing is - I don't really think that a GT6 on PS3 would be a revolution. Of course they can polish the graphics, better envinronments, more or all premium cars - nothing groundbreaking will be found there, while on PS4 we could count for a quantum leap. Only good reason like I said is quick and safe profit from the game.

How is PS3 the least viable platform? If anything, its the most viable.
PS3 is Sony's most profitable platform right now, so selling millions of copies of GT6 alongside a couple hundred thousand more PS3s is the best thing Sony can do. It would certainly give them an easy win against the Xbox 360 this year.

Like you said, GT6 on PS4 would be a quantum leap so it would need more dev time, definitely wouldn't be ready for PS4 launch. We still do't know if this game will be ported to PS4 though.

VGKing said:

If GT6 comes out this November, that would be exactly 3 years. Sounds about right. The GT 7 would be released about 3 years later once PS4 is affordable to the masses.

GT6 uses the same GT5 engine... the developement started one year ago (maybe a little more)... the GT for PS4 (I'm not saying is GT7 yet) started this year (or late of the last year) so a release in late 2015 is possible.

Anybody expecting a true GT game for PS4 before 2015 is a bit overeating because the changes the GT for PS4 be released too soon is close to 0%.

ethomaz said:
Nem said:
Why? Because PS4 will have Drive club or whatever its called. Its basically the same thing.

lol

So, im a hater because i dont say: DOOOOM game isnt for PS4!

Games take years to develop. This game has been in development for several years.  You cant just get to the last year and change the platform. Its incredibly expensive to redevelop the game for the PS4. Can you imagine the non-optimisation? The frame rate drops or screen tearing resulting from it? Yeah, its best that it comes out on the PS3 where it has been optimised for and it will also shine on sales numbers. Also reviews would drill it a new one because it wouldnt have the same detail as drive club (unless it went on development delay hell) and the brand would be devalued as a result.

And has i said, GT fans have Drive Club coming out on the PS4. What exactly am i hating? The fact that im not dumb? Yeah i would hate beeing dumb.

Around the Network

Idk how much this would affect Drive Club sales since a PS3 GT6 would not be PS4 compatible. Drive Club is a new IP.. people will either be interested in it or they won't.

Oh damn..a great possibility that the next GT series might

miss the PS4 entirely.

JoeTheBro said:
MoHasanie said:
That's a mistake by Sony is its true cause it will just hurt Driveclub's sales.

Yes but it will hurt DriveClub's sales less than a PS4 GT.

Think of it this way. A driving simulation fan would buy a PS3 GT6 while an arcade racing show off my console fan will buy DC. Even after a few months of release DC will be the best looking driving game so tons of people will buy it.

However, if GT6 was on PS4 and had simulation AND graphics, then the second it is announced no one would give a rat's ass about DriveClub.

Exactly. 

1. It allows them to make some cash off the PS3 and perhaps even extend the systems lifespan longer with another system seller.

2. Driveclub can release unhindered to sate the appetite of sim racer enthusiasts on the PS4 early on.

3. PD can take their time with the PS4 version- GT7 probably won't launch on the PS4 until about 2016 (about 3 years after launch). 

Nem said:

Games take years to develop. This game has been in development for several years.  You cant just get to the last year and change the platform. Its incredibly expensive to redevelop the game for the PS4. Can you imagine the non-optimisation? The frame rate drops or screen tearing resulting from it? Yeah, its best that it comes out on the PS3 where it has been optimised for and it will also shine on sales numbers. Also reviews would drill it a new one because it wouldnt have the same detail as drive club (unless it went on development delay hell) and the brand would be devalued as a result.

And has i said, GT fans have Drive Club coming out on the PS4. What exactly am i hating? The fact that im not dumb? Yeah i would hate beeing dumb.

No. Because you just put GT in the same league then Drive Club

These games are no near the same thing lol

ethomaz said:
Nem said:

No. Because you just put GT in the same league then Drive Club

These games are no near the same thing lol

From what i saw they are the same type of realistic driving simulators. If theres something different then sony has to communicate it better.