By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 on PS3, confirmed by an Italian dealer

VGKing said:
eFKac said:
VGKing said:
eFKac said:
Ok either it means Sony is still deluded and we can count for another plethora of fuck ups a'la PS3 launch style or they are really desperate for money ASAP and GT6 will be on PS3 for the quick and easy buck.

PS. I really feel sad for the guys at Evolution Studios if this is true

and PS#2. The cover looks totally awesome!!!

What's so fucked up about supporting the PS3? You want Sony to abandon the PS3 like that other company did for their console?

There will be millions of more PS3s sold over the next few years. The kind of people who will buy a $250 PS3 won't even consider a $500 PS4. So i this case, I say Gran Turismo 6 release PS3 is the best thing Sony can do. Besides, these PS3 owners will end up upgrading to PS4 in the future to play the GT 7.

No, I don't want Sony to cut the PS3 support.

What I want is a wise long-term strategy from SCE and in my opinion releasing the pretty much unarguably biggest system seller that SCE has, on a old platform when the next gen will just be out of the gate is as far from "the best thing Sony can do" as it can get in that mather.

To take it further, we all know how much time it takes Polyphony to develop a game. We may not see GT7 on PS4 until 2015-2016, it looks like the PS3/GT5 debacle again and there is also PS Vita which would also benefit from a Gran Turismo title. But SCE and PD decides to put GT6 on the least viable platform.

Next thing is - I don't really think that a GT6 on PS3 would be a revolution. Of course they can polish the graphics, better envinronments, more or all premium cars - nothing groundbreaking will be found there, while on PS4 we could count for a quantum leap. Only good reason like I said is quick and safe profit from the game.

How is PS3 the least viable platform? If anything, its the most viable.
PS3 is Sony's most profitable platform right now, so selling millions of copies of GT6 alongside a couple hundred thousand more PS3s is the best thing Sony can do. It would certainly give them an easy win against the Xbox 360 this year.

Like you said, GT6 on PS4 would be a quantum leap so it would need more dev time, definitely wouldn't be ready for PS4 launch. We still do't know if this game will be ported to PS4 though.

You wanted my opinion on the mather, did you read the context I put it in?

PS3 is the viable only if you want pure numbers sold of the game and short term profit. Only reason.

A system seller of this caliber (only one that Sony has in it's sleeve with Uncharted far behind) should have been made for the new platform, one of them at least - PS4 or Vita choose your one. Not a well established, seven year old platform. Especially considering that another entry most probably won't see the light of day in three years. 

GT6 won't be very different from GT5 on the PS3, it will sell gangbusters most definately, but won't push many systems. It would push a lot of PS4's though. Sony decided to take the next step and make the PS4 for a reason. Console market is in a deep decline right now, gamers got bored with the prolonged generation. Taking another step is the right move. So right now, winning against the X360 this year should not be a priority. The priority is to get the PS4 to a smooth start. It just needs to happen. Winning against the "X720" this year and next year would leave them with an open way to many years of steady, healthy profit from PS4. PS3 just doesn't have that potential anymore. That said don't imply again that that I want Sony to ditch the PS3, I just want to see the heavy hitters on PS4 from now on, so that people see a reason to buy it. As to why I want it is in both of my posts.

@Bolded/ And that's why they would be launching with DriveClub this holiday with GT6 as the main attraction of holiday 2014

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

- Gamefreak announces Pokemone Black/White 2

- Fans go crazy, OMG it is pokemon for the 3DS!!!!

- Gamefreak announces it is for the DS

- Fans go crazy and throw fits. It should have been for the 3DS

- Pokémon Black / White Version sells 6.50m copies world wide

- Fans....Well maybe it was smart releasing a game that has a 100m install base

- Gamefreak announces Pokemon X/Y for 3DS

- Fans go crazy. OMG Pokemon X/Y....3DS XD

- Gamefreak - See we knew what we were doing.

Same could be said about GT. PS3 has a bigger install base. I predict it selling less than GT5 though. It will also stop GT5 from getting to 10m unless sony bundles it. When PS4 has a bigger install base then GT seems like a good idea for the PS4.

I understand the complaints and all but it is smart to be safe about certain situations and this may be one. Not everybody is going to be an early adopter so might as well release it on the console with a bigger install base. My opinion is that the sweet spot is the 3rd year for consoles. In fact i could probably actually prove that with data.

JayWood2010 said:
- Gamefreak announces Pokemone Black/White

- Pokémon Black / White Version sells 14.67m copies world wide

Same could be said about GT. PS3 has a bigger install base. I predict it selling less than GT5 though. It will also stop GT5 from getting to 10m unless sony bundles it. When PS4 has a bigger install base then GT seems like a good idea for the PS4.

I understand the complaints and all but it is smart to be safe about certain situations and this may be one. Not everybody is going to be an early adopter so might as well release it on the console with a bigger install base. My opinion is that the sweet spot is the 3rd year for consoles. In fact i could probably actually prove that with data.

GT5 will reach 10 million before the GT6 launch... it is on track to sell more 1 million til end of the year.

JayWood2010 said:

Fixed for ya.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

ethomaz said:
JayWood2010 said:
- Gamefreak announces Pokemone Black/White

- Pokémon Black / White Version sells 14.67m copies world wide

GT5 will reach 10 million before the GT6 launch... it is on track to sell more 1 million til end of the year.

How much is it averaging per week in the last month or 2?  I know it is below 10k.  My guess is around 7k which comes out to being 28k a month.  If it stays with that it will reach 140k by the time of september which puts it at 9.02m  That means it has 3 months to get the other 998k.  Unless it is bundles not a chance.  Without bundles it will get a little boost but not much.  If it gets a boost of 10k oer week putting it at 17k a week it would sell 272,000 from september to January.  That is a little early for the holiday boost but that would put it at 9.29m  Still not even close.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
JayWood2010 said:

Fixed for ya.

Haha thanks.  I edited it.  

Why not release it on both?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Sony drops the ball!

JayWood2010 said:

How much is it averaging per week in the last month or 2?  I know it is below 10k.  My guess is around 7k which comes out to being 28k a month.  If it stays with that it will reach 140k by the time of september which puts it at 9.02m  That means it has 3 months to get the other 998k.  Unless it is bundles not a chance.  Without bundles it will get a little boost but not much.  If it gets a boost of 10k oer week putting it at 17k a week it would sell 272,000 from september to January.  That is a little early for the holiday boost but that would put it at 9.29m  Still not even close.

This year? It never did less than 15k... my bad last week it did 13,8xx (the week before 15,9xx).

This week it reach 9 million... 12k to go... 9.02m it will reach in two week lol.

In a little more than three months.... January to date... it did 280k.

ethomaz said:
JayWood2010 said:

This year? It never did less than 15k... my bad last week it did 13,8xx (the week before 15,9xx).

This week it reach 9 million... 12k to go... 9.02m it will reach in two week lol.

You should show me data if you can because I cant view it.

However you have one thing wrong.  it doesnt have 12k to get to 9m.  It has 120k to go.  it is at 8.88m at the moment.  

12k per week ends up being 48k a month.  That means about 3 months befor it hits 9m.  

In fact Ill make a bet that GT5 can not make 10m by the end of this year unless they give it bundles for a big boost.