By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 on PS3, confirmed by an Italian dealer

Why not release it on both?



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Sony drops the ball!



JayWood2010 said:

How much is it averaging per week in the last month or 2?  I know it is below 10k.  My guess is around 7k which comes out to being 28k a month.  If it stays with that it will reach 140k by the time of september which puts it at 9.02m  That means it has 3 months to get the other 998k.  Unless it is bundles not a chance.  Without bundles it will get a little boost but not much.  If it gets a boost of 10k oer week putting it at 17k a week it would sell 272,000 from september to January.  That is a little early for the holiday boost but that would put it at 9.29m  Still not even close.


This year? It never did less than 15k... my bad last week it did 13,8xx (the week before 15,9xx).

This week it reach 9 million... 12k to go... 9.02m it will reach in two week lol.

In a little more than three months.... January to date... it did 280k.

ethomaz said:
JayWood2010 said:

How much is it averaging per week in the last month or 2?  I know it is below 10k.  My guess is around 7k which comes out to being 28k a month.  If it stays with that it will reach 140k by the time of september which puts it at 9.02m  That means it has 3 months to get the other 998k.  Unless it is bundles not a chance.  Without bundles it will get a little boost but not much.  If it gets a boost of 10k oer week putting it at 17k a week it would sell 272,000 from september to January.  That is a little early for the holiday boost but that would put it at 9.29m  Still not even close.


This year? It never did less than 15k... my bad last week it did 13,8xx (the week before 15,9xx).

This week it reach 9 million... 12k to go... 9.02m it will reach in two week lol.


You should show me data if you can because I cant view it.

However you have one thing wrong.  it doesnt have 12k to get to 9m.  It has 120k to go.  it is at 8.88m at the moment.  

12k per week ends up being 48k a month.  That means about 3 months befor it hits 9m.  

In fact Ill make a bet that GT5 can not make 10m by the end of this year unless they give it bundles for a big boost.



JayWood2010 said:


You should show me data if you can because I cant view it.

However you have one thing wrong.  it doesnt have 12k to get to 9m.  It has 120k to go.  it is at 8.88m at the moment.  

12k per week ends up being 48k a month.  That means about 3 months befor it hits 9m.  

In fact Ill make a bet that GT5 can not make 10m by the end of this year unless they give it bundles for a big boost.


You can see all the data in VGC tools.

About the 9 million I looked wrong or VGC just adjusted down the sales... it will happen in seven weeks.

280 / 15 = 18.7k avg. per week... not 12k or less than 10k.

Around the Network

I still don't think Sony is stupid enough to do this, but looking at Polyphony Digital's Previous Game releases (not including localisation time as the games are basically done once they hit Japan):

Gran Turismo (PS1): December 1997
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1): December 1999
Gran Turismo 3 (PS2): April 2001
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (PS2): December 2003
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2): December 2004
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3): December 2007
Gran Turismo PSP: October 2009
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3): November 2010

It's will of been roughly 3 years since Gran Turismo this Christmas, so I think it's plausible that GT6 could be ready to ship, but I think Sony would be much wiser just waiting an extra 12 months to up port the game to PS4.

However, if this rumour was right and Sony released GT6 this Christmas, there is potentially a FIVE year wait for the next mainline Gran Turismo (judging from the gaps between GT4->GT5. It would be foolish to let Sony's biggest selling franchise to arrive so late in a generation... AGAIN.



ethomaz said:
JayWood2010 said:


You should show me data if you can because I cant view it.

However you have one thing wrong.  it doesnt have 12k to get to 9m.  It has 120k to go.  it is at 8.88m at the moment.  

12k per week ends up being 48k a month.  That means about 3 months befor it hits 9m.  

In fact Ill make a bet that GT5 can not make 10m by the end of this year unless they give it bundles for a big boost.


You can see all the data in VGC tools.

About the 9 million I looked wrong or VGC just adjusted down the sales... it will happen in seven weeks.


I saw your comment on the GT5 page haha you seem a little excited in there XD haha yeah 7 weeks seems more likely haha  Although you need to plan for dips throughout the year as well as the holiday boost which usually starts in october.  Then if you have GT6, PS4, NeXBox, WiiU, 3DS, all as heavy competition then older games get ignored.  Not to mention that PS4 is not backwards compatible so PS4 adopters will not be purchasingGT5.  Fans of GT will likely pick up GT6 over GT5.  And with an official announcement of GT6 expect dips in GT5 sells.  There is multiple things to factor but with GT5 averagin 13-15k a week it will not do it this year. 




JayWood2010 said:


I saw your comment on the GT5 page haha you seem a little excited in there XD haha yeah 7 weeks seems more likely haha  Although you need to plan for dips throughout the year as well as the holiday boost which usually starts in october.  Then if you have GT6, PS4, NeXBox, WiiU, 3DS, all as heavy competition then older games get ignored.  Not to mention that PS4 is not backwards compatible so PS4 adopters will not be purchasingGT5.  Fans of GT will likely pick up GT6 over GT5.  And with an official announcement of GT6 expect dips in GT5 sells.  There is multiple things to factor but with GT5 averagin 13-15k a week it will not do it this year. 



It is selling a little below last year (some weeks over last year)... it did 1.5m last year... so I think 1.2m this year is good bet with ~280k already sold... so I think it will hit 10 million even with GT6.

lol I love you Sony sometimes. Truly I do.

With the "competition" confirmed to be a next gen title, its gonna blow this game out of the water technically. GT will be literally left in the dust generation wise, being one step behind the competition in every sense of the word.



ethomaz said:
JayWood2010 said:


I saw your comment on the GT5 page haha you seem a little excited in there XD haha yeah 7 weeks seems more likely haha  Although you need to plan for dips throughout the year as well as the holiday boost which usually starts in october.  Then if you have GT6, PS4, NeXBox, WiiU, 3DS, all as heavy competition then older games get ignored.  Not to mention that PS4 is not backwards compatible so PS4 adopters will not be purchasingGT5.  Fans of GT will likely pick up GT6 over GT5.  And with an official announcement of GT6 expect dips in GT5 sells.  There is multiple things to factor but with GT5 averagin 13-15k a week it will not do it this year. 



It is selling a little below last year (some weeks over last year)... it did 1.5m last year... so I think 1.2m this year is good bet with ~280k already sold... so I think it will hit 10 million even with GT6.


It had a bundles last year to get to 1m