By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

This pleases me. While I am very likely going to get a PS4, the question will  be when I get a PS4. So if I decide to wait beyond the Final Fantasy Versus XIII release date then I still have the PS3 to play it on. But if they show a substantially superior version on the PS4, then I'm likely buying a PS4 and this together. Guess I will have to wait and see. And that wait might not be much longer, which feels nice to say considering the hiatus of information and uncertainty of Final Fantasy Versus XIII over the last couple of years.

Around the Network

If sony shows Versus and Last guardian for PS4 they win

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Grandia said:

FF13 sucked because all the great designers who made FF6 till 10 not work for Sqare Enix anymore.

Fail post of the day.

You don't like FF10? Well for most FF-fans FF10 was the last really awesome Final Fantasy, for me personally FF10 was as well not that great as ff6 till 9 was but it was still a really good game and JRPG in my opinion. All after 10 was crap.

I found the video... lol lol lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-final-fantasy/55240

For some hidden motives the video was removed from GameTrailers but you can read all the news here in VGChartz:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=85098

""keep both versions of the game identical." This was confirmed with Final Fantasy XIII's producer in an interview with GameTrailers."

Wait... there are pictures showing the finished playable PS3 version before the downgraded graphcs... just wait some more minutes to me find all the stuffs again.

After that I deserve some apologizes here

Chevinator123 said:
If sony shows Versus and Last guardian for PS4 they win

Not if FF Versus 13 turn out to be the same crap as all the other recent Final Fantasy games was.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
I found the video... lol lol lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-final-fantasy/55240

For some hidden motives the video was removed from GameTrailers but you can read all the news here in VGChartz:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=85098

""keep both versions of the game identical." This was confirmed with Final Fantasy XIII's producer in an interview with GameTrailers."

Wait... there are pictures showing the finished playable PS3 version before the downgraded graphcs... just wait some more minutes to me find all the stuffs again.

After that I deserve some apologizes here

Apologies?

kowenicki said:

nope.

you have never seen pre-release footage of games that looked better than the actual released game?  thats odd given you are a PS3 fan.

So for you Kitase is a liar... fine.

Strangely, I'm probably one of the few FF fans who wasn't that interested in Versus XIII (I'm also one of the minority on the internet that liked FF XIII). I'm personally more eager to see what Square Enix is going to do with XV. With that said, I just hope that Square Enix finishes their development on Versus XIII soon, otherwise I'm going to put it in the back of my memory, along with games like Starcraft: Ghost and Van Buren.

benao87 said:

Apologies?

Of course... I'm not a guy that spreads bullshits.

Carl2291 said:
sales2099 said:
Given how the series pretty much plummeted in quality this gen......people still care?

Or is this just about PS fans caring because its another exclusive to add to their lists?

The game is being done by Nomura. Nomura is responsible for the Kingdom Hearts series and is generally regarded as good. If the game went multiplat, I would still want this game.

XIII Series is being done by Toriyama. Toriyama has currently directed 5 games. X-2, XIII and XIII-2 along with XII: Revenant Wings and Blood of Bahamut. Lightning Returns will be his 6th. Its not Final Fantasy as a brand that has been trash this generation, its Toriyama's shitty vision and his hardon for Claire.

Wait until Ito is back at the reigns. Then. Then we will have Final Fantasy back. Ito Directed

A very good explanation to why this game is so desired.  People seem to think there's only one team at Square Enix who develop every single game, which of course isn't true; disliking one person's vision for the series doesn't mean that the teams who made the games everybody loved are gone.  Quoting for exposure in case it hasn't been seen.

OT: Otherwise, thread has descended into rubbish.  Stop it.