By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
sales2099 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
sales2099 said:
Given how the series pretty much plummeted in quality this gen......people still care?

Or is this just about PS fans caring because its another exclusive to add to their lists?

this game was always exclusive :)

I know, PS fans enjoyed putting a game that never had a confirmed release date on PS3 exclusive lists since 2007 :P

and 360 fans never put exclusives with no release date on lists all the time? an example was Rise from crytek.

Im sure this is true, with far fewer examples of games and in far lower numbers of gamers who did said thing.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

People STILL think that FF 13 sucked because it was on 360? FF 13 sucked because Square in general made bad decisions for that game.

On another note, this better not suck. This was stuck in development hell for so long and if there's anything we learned from games that were in development hell for a long time, they usually don't end up being as well as they could be.

Square really has to not screw this up, or they're going to seriously lose the trust of the fanbase and might be a killing blow for the franchise. I hope to god for the fans' sake that this game matches their expectations.

(And are they still calling it FFversusXIII? Why carry the XIII name? It's tarnished.)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:
zero129 said:
ethomaz said:
FFXIII had half of the content slashed and the quality had to be downgraded due the 360 version... that is pretty much known by anybody

This is bullcrap, FF13 had half its content cut/not ready on time cos it was taking them too long to develope the game thanks to the PS3 being so hard to develope for thats why they switched to the 360 also and figured they could just Make FF13-2 that was an SE choice not an MS one Maybe if it was exclusive to the 360 from the start it would of been finished much faster and of been a better game, Why do you think MistWalker was able to Make a "Real FF" game Lost Odysee that had everything that FF13 should of had and was finished in a smaller amount of time and was exclusive to the X360??.

lol a better and finished version of the game was ready for production 12 months early for PS3... the game was delayed, cut and downgraded just because the 360 port. Please don't put the time for developer the game into PS3 because the game was finished a year early for it.

Again no proof for that. And why should they cut down the version because of 360? The game does nothing outstanding. Perhaps they did take some things off as they were unable to get into development for 360 fast enough but this is doubtful, too.

it turns out there once were many more labyrinthine paths and dungeons in Final Fantasy XIII, but they got cut. An interview (in Japanese) over at FF-Reunion with art director Isamu Kamikokuryou ("No you!" to his friends) has him saying that the team removed enough extra locations from the title to make up a whole other game entirely.

Sections cut include a secret base for Snow's hero squad, a character's home that included a park, and even a zoo inside one of the game's amusement park areas. This is all more impressive when you consider that Square Enix is expecting to need three DVDs to hold everything that's still in the Xbox 360 version of the game. But FFXIII completists, don't worry too much -- we're sure some of that content will appear sometime during the game's 10-year cycle.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/square-enix-cut-a-games-worth-of-content-from-final-fantasy-xii/

Interesting read! But still this doesn't support ethomaz' theory.

zero129 said:

This is bullcrap, FF13 had half its content cut/not ready on time cos it was taking them too long to develope the game thanks to the PS3 being so hard to develope for thats why they switched to the 360 also and figured they could just Make FF13-2 that was an SE choice not an MS one Maybe if it was exclusive to the 360 from the start it would of been finished much faster and of been a better game, Why do you think MistWalker was able to Make a "Real FF" game Lost Odysee that had everything that FF13 should of had and was finished in a smaller amount of time and was exclusive to the X360??.

A better version of the game was finished and ready for production 12 months before the official release and do you think it was delayed due the PS3? lol

I really hope this is true, I am sure not going to buy a PS4 soon, I will wait till PS4 is cheap and till there are many good games on the market. I sure going to wait 2 till 4 years after PS4 releas till I buy one but I want play FF 13 Versus, so I really really hope that there is a PS3 version of this game too.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

Interesting read! But still this doesn't support ethomaz' theory.

His theory ingores that little fact that FF XIII is still a huge game.

The desicions to make it action oriented without rpg-esque exploration etc had nothing to do with the 360's last minute port.

They wanted to make it appealing to the westerners in the first place.

Honestly all that link proves is Square's greed in trying to sell you 2 games instead of what should have been 1 complete game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Actually FFXIII did not suck so there goes all y'all theories!

ethomaz said:
zero129 said:
ethomaz said:
FFXIII had half of the content slashed and the quality had to be downgraded due the 360 version... that is pretty much known by anybody

lol a better and finished version of the game was ready for production 12 months early for PS3... the game was delayed, cut and downgraded just because the 360 port. Please don't put the time for developer the game into PS3 because the game was finished a year early for it.

All you are saying is very interesting.  Can I get some kind of link for the full read if possible? This is the first I am hearing about this.  I am very surprised.    

I thought that FFXIII was crap because SE was lazy as fuck when they did the game.  Because I remember reading years ago that they did not do towns for the game because it would have been to difficult to do with all that detail in HD.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

i am not saying you or him are right, but ethomaz can be right and you cant prove him wrong xD

ethomaz IS WRONG:

Porting is something that's done after you've developed a game specifically for a particular platforms[sic]. The debate over porting is decided by the management based on the current market and the costs.

What do I win ?