By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much money Sony really lost with the PS3

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, your babbling is just your opinion. The Elite 360 cost more than a PS3.  The entry model includes no HDD or games.

For the record, I'm just saying further price cuts to the 360 would have slowed the gap from closing. Why is that getting you so worked up?

Worked up? Don't see it, but you certainly seem so, given your improper (and random) use of the word "babbling".

Anyway, the 360 has been cheaper than the PS3 throughout the gen, hurting Sony most in the US (your vague example doesn't change this fact). That considered, it has been able to claw back much of the lead the 360 gained and will overtake it in total, worldwide numbers.

To me, that means that, at this juncture, the PS3 is the more desired product.

No, you were babbling.

I'm not denying that the bolded part. I'm just saying MS could have slowed the gap from closing. But you can't seem to get through your head that's all I'm saying. Further price could have done it.

Well, only two conclusions left to draw. First, we should agree-to-disagree (especially since both sides are mere guesses and only one thing's for sure, the PS3 has been more expensive all gen and will outsell its closest rival). The other, you don't know the definition of the word babbling.

2. Idle or foolish talk; chatter.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Max King of the Wild said:
slowmo said:
You added Sony fans to one of those quotes you used as "evidence", which you seemed to infer from the topic you took that from. Second the behaviour of Sony fans was particularly appalling earlier this year which is why 10+ got banned in one thread, thus making my posts on them more apparent recently. Would you like me to start quoting your post history of attacking Microsoft fans in your typically rude and ignorant manner. Please don't bother quoting me in future, I find you particularly odious to talk to.

Please quote me "attacking" ms fans for being MS fans. As for the one I "edited" no Sony fans got banned in.

Ignorant means not knowing. I don't do that. Rude? hell yes I do that to people who deserve it and it isnt against the rules.

In general try to treat other users with respect and courtesy. We understand debates get heated, but don’t lose yourself in them. Remember you can’t continue the debate if you’re banned, so be respectful to your fellow forum members.

"Ignorant means not knowing"

You don't even know the forum rules so there goes your garbage about not posting ignorantly.  Being respectful means not being rude, just in case you don't get that.

slowmo said:
Max King of the Wild said:
slowmo said:
You added Sony fans to one of those quotes you used as "evidence", which you seemed to infer from the topic you took that from. Second the behaviour of Sony fans was particularly appalling earlier this year which is why 10+ got banned in one thread, thus making my posts on them more apparent recently. Would you like me to start quoting your post history of attacking Microsoft fans in your typically rude and ignorant manner. Please don't bother quoting me in future, I find you particularly odious to talk to.

Please quote me "attacking" ms fans for being MS fans. As for the one I "edited" no Sony fans got banned in.

Ignorant means not knowing. I don't do that. Rude? hell yes I do that to people who deserve it and it isnt against the rules.

In general try to treat other users with respect and courtesy. We understand debates get heated, but don’t lose yourself in them. Remember you can’t continue the debate if you’re banned, so be respectful to your fellow forum members.

"Ignorant means not knowing"

You don't even know the forum rules so there goes your garbage about not posting ignorantly.  Being respectful means not being rude, just in case you don't get that.

"in general" or are you ignoring that part. That basically means "we cant ban you for being rude but try not to be" lol, if that was an enforcable rule you would be banned more often being so rude to sony fans

The frist 3 years sony lost money on the ps3 now they are makeing it back.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:

Here let me join you.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

This thread is quite hilarious. PS3 fans are rightly pointing out that Sony has turned around the PS3, not only in a financial sense (i.e. making a profit on each sold since ~2009-2010), but in an image sense, as well. Both will help them when in launching the PS4. MS fans, however, continue with the "but the losses" argument they started ever since the PS3 started outselling the 360 yearly, completely denying a comeback.

Here's the question, though. When the PS3 finishes a close 2nd, or possibly 1st, will history remember total consoles sold? Or will it focus on Sony's financials for the span of ~3 years, when the gaming division was losing money? Here's a hint, it won't be the financials. I know it sucks to admit it for some, but it is true.

_crazy_man_ said:
Vinniegambini said:

Here let me join you.

Make it 3

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Vinniegambini said:

Here let me join you.

Make it 3

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Would someone like to factor in the offset of using the PS3 as a trojan horse to drive market penitration of Blu-Ray devices? (you know, considering a ps3 was half the price of a blu-ray dedicated player at launch), the additional assistance in establishing Blu-ray on the market surely makes some difference to overall value.

but hey, carry on.