Max King of the Wild said:
archbrix said:
archbrix said:
archbrix said:
J_Allard said:

It's hilarious when people compare the advantage the 360 has in the US to the disadvantage the 360 has in Japan.

In Japan the 360 faces a huge cultural disadvantage right off the bat. In the US the 360 is not even the #1 console, a Japanese console is. Last gen the Xbox sold even less in Japan than the 360. Last gen you'd have to combine the GCN and Xbox US numbers together and then double them to reach what the PS2 did in the US. Yeah, they are entirely the same thing LOL.

Also, MS's goal was to stop Sony from taking over the living room with the Playstation. They have succeeded.

nothing in this blabbling nonsense is there a lol worthy comment

Instead of belittling other people and implying you have some superior intellect, how about actually addressing their points...

The man makes a good point; Microsoft has always and continues to do poorly in Japan. Nothing has changed there. Sony, on the other hand, was dominant for two generations in the US and lost a great deal to Microsoft this gen in both market share and brand power. And the US is a much bigger player regarding consoles than Japan.

Nawww, especially when it comes to jallard. It really isnt a good point. Its a miserable point. There is no reason to write off Japan in a global sales comeptition. It's a way to spin coming in last. That is all it is

Regardless of what J Allard's intent may have been, his point is hardly miserable. Microsoft has a commanding lead over Sony in the US and the Xbox brand has all but replaced the Playstation brand as the popular name for video games in this region. Nobody is saying that Sony's console doesn't have a stronger presence globally, just that comparing Xbox's advantage in NA to its disadvantage in Japan is not of equal standing. Do you think that Microsoft would trade or even compromise what it currently enjoys in NA for a presence in Japan? I don't think they would.

lols. I'm sorry but this comment is too funny. It all but replaced it? wowzers....

While I'm pretty sure you're well aware of what I meant and are just finding anything to argue about, allow me to spell it out for you.

When referring to products in the generic sense in popular media here in NA, such as "Coke" when referring to a soft drink or "Kleenex" for facial tissues, "Xbox" has become the term for video games that "Playstation" once enjoyed. That, along with hardware/software sales, points to the brand recognition of Xbox showing significant growth in NA whereas Playstation has shown decline. When you consider the utter dominance the Playstation brand had in the 6th generation, wowzers indeed...

The 360 is not nearly as dominate as the ps2 was in US. On top of that people dont say coke when referring to soft dring they say soda or pop. Hicks from Texas call it a coke. And no... people dont say "360" when referring to gaming. They are literally talking about a 360

LITTLE bit more then Texas....  Coke is right up there with soda on landmass.  Likely even beat it world wide when you consider Coke's marketshare is weakest in the USA.

Either way... X-box is a pretty generic term for videogames in the US.

In general if somebody owns a videogame system.. it's probably an Xbox.  (And it has the sound effects of an NES.)

Around the Network

People here exaggerate the 360's advantage in North America. The PS3 still sells good in North America, and although it may be in third place there, 26 million units sold isn't a small amount which proves that the Playstation brand in NA is strong, but not as strong as it used to be in 2005 or as strong as the Xbox one. In comparison, in Japan, the Xbox brand is pretty much dead. So comparing the PS3's advantage in Japan to the the 360's in NA isn't a good argument.
Also exaggerated is the 360's head start being a major advantage, cause it can easily be said that that the PS3 being the preferred console in Japan was a bigger advantage for the PS3 than the head start was for the 360.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
People here exaggerate the 360's advantage in North America. The PS3 still sells good in North America, and although it may be in third place there, 26 million units sold isn't a small amount which proves that the Playstation brand in NA is strong, but not as strong as it used to be in 2005 or as strong as the Xbox one. In comparison, in Japan, the Xbox brand is pretty much dead. So comparing the PS3's advantage in Japan to the the 360's in NA isn't a good argument.
Also exaggerated is the 360's head start being a major advantage, cause it can easily be said that that the PS3 being the preferred console in Japan was a bigger advantage for the PS3 than the head start was for the 360.

Yep plus the head start is kind of irrelevant when you consider the PS3 was on pace to outsell the 360 from day one when you align the launches. No one thought it would take the entire generation though.

Viltsu300 said:
thismeintiel said:
Viltsu300 said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
DirtyP2002 said:

So the comeback of the PS3 never really happened.

Yeah, it never happened -past tense-, it is happening.

If the PS3 never made a comeback, it wouldn't be here.

rocky.jpg

When PS3 did the comeback?

My guess is that it's going to take an 8M deficit between it and the 360 and turn it into a 10M-20M advantage.

PS3 has already sold more than Xbox360

Says who?  Tho it might be close or just passed the 1 million gap, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

shakarak said:
the2real4mafol said:
shakarak said:
How much is Sony losing on every Vita though? That's the question I want to know now.

According to this article they profit on each Vita sold by a decent amount.

~http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/how-much-does-it-cost-sony-to-build-the-vita/

That was before the Price cut as that article is a year and a half old.

Price cut is both only in Japan at the moment and a full year after launch, so it's not hard to imagine production costs have already dropped quite a bit. The production cost of the PS3 dropped, what was it, $200 a year after launch (still selling for a loss of course)? If they're losing anything (frankly I doubt it), it'd realistically be a few bucks per unit.