By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:261k, 3DS:230k, PS3:212k, Wii:91k, DS:86k, WiiU:67k, PSV: 33k

M.U.G.E.N said:

These could be the actual numbers..from creamsugar

Does anyone checked 2ch thread "■海外のハード、ソフト売上を見守るスレ 374■"? I have no idea how the guy EWaeL+z60 get the numbers, lol.

Hardware 990K(▲32%)
・3DS 230K(+1%)
・Wii 91K(▲47%)
・Wii U 67K
・PS3 211K(▲36%)
・360 261K(▲30%)

Going by that then 80k DS, 35k Vita 10k PSP

Around the Network

lol just realized we have vita undertrackedz! HEll Yeah!

:P Still horrible...but yeah

360 - 261K
3DS - 230K
PS3 - 211K
Wii - 91K
NDS - 86K
Wii U - 67K
PSV - 33K
PSP - 8K

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

3DS great, Wii U atrocious, everything else I don't really care.

Vita is bad I guess but at least it will get upward adjustments.

VGKing said:
Otakumegane said:
VGKing said:

If it was the year 2004, sure. Too bad for Sony it's 2013. World's changed, dude. Even kids don't want gaming handhelds.

People just don't want to accept it with the Wii U and Vita that the mass market has just found different interests, it's blatantly obvious.

What's so special about 2004?

Anyway Vita has so much room for improvement. To think there's nothing Sony can do to increase sales is very ignorant on your part.

Wii U is only in its 4-5th month lmfao. You really calling it dead already? There's so much room for improvement here as well. Even more so than the Vita. Worst case scenario the Wii U ends up being another Gamecube. You expect Sony/Nintendo to discontinue Wiiu/Vita or something?

I don't expect Nintendo to discontinue WiiU, but I am feeling a bit worried about Vita.

They might just discontinue it in the West if the Holidays can't bring in significant sales.

Why discontinue something that brings you pure profit? Sales can only go up from here. Vita barely turned 1. Support will get better. Games will be released, sales will follow.

The Vita's not being sold at a profit. (Well maybe in NA with the yen drop, but still unlikely)

They never stated this, and I believe they were going for a "Razor and blades" approach, taking a moderate loss on the hardware and making up with Vita card sales. The only thing Sony said was that Vita would be profitable after 3 years. That means they were taking a loss at launch, can't imagine the component prices dropped that quickly.

I don't want this to be discontinued, but Sony's been taking losses for a long time, and PS4 is looking also to be sold at a loss for a couple of years. PS4 and Vita (with price cut maybe) losses over the next couple years are going to add up.

All AAA development on PS4 currently just screams that we won't be seeing much of Sony 1st party on Vita after the fall titles. They might just be getting ready to pull the plug. The holiday months will be telling.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

VGKing said:
Otakumegane said:
VGKing said:

If it was the year 2004, sure. Too bad for Sony it's 2013. World's changed, dude. Even kids don't want gaming handhelds.

People just don't want to accept it with the Wii U and Vita that the mass market has just found different interests, it's blatantly obvious.

Anyway Vita has so much room for improvement. To think there's nothing Sony can do to increase sales is very ignorant on your part.

Wii U is only in its 4-5th month lmfao. You really calling it dead already? There's so much room for improvement here as well. Even more so than the Vita. Worst case scenario the Wii U ends up being another Gamecube. You expect Sony/Nintendo to discontinue Wiiu/Vita or something?

I don't expect Nintendo to discontinue WiiU, but I am feeling a bit worried about Vita.

They might just discontinue it in the West if the Holidays can't bring in significant sales.

Why discontinue something that brings you pure profit? Sales can only go up from here. Vita barely turned 1. Support will get better. Games will be released, sales will follow.

Retailers are going to stop carrying it. It's selling at a worse month to month clip than the Dreamcast did and PS4/720 are coming and are going to need shelf space. I don't see the PS3/360 going anywhere it terms of retail presence either. Guess which platform(s) will be the odd man out. I'm pretty sure this is the worst selling new major hardware in North American market since either the Virtual Boy or Saturn.

Around the Network
VGKing said:

God of War 3 sold 4.5m units according to Vgcharts LTD (not counting any collections)

he didn't say anything else

VGKing said:

God of War 3 sold 4.5m units according to Vgcharts LTD (not counting any collections)

NPD Thread, VGKing.

M.U.G.E.N said:
lol just realized we have vita undertrackedz! HEll Yeah!

:P Still horrible...but yeah

360 - 261K
3DS - 230K
PS3 - 211K
Wii - 91K
NDS - 86K
Wii U - 67K
PSV - 33K
PSP - 8K

I gotta say those 3DS numbers are somewhat dissapointing. Only a 5k-ish bump with Luigi and Monster Hunter? And there's two hardware models available this year versus only one last year.

Smartphones and tablets are having a big impact, anyone who wants to keep saying they're not is in major denial.

Nsanity said:

creamsugar:

100k < lego < hunter 3ds+wiiu < 130k
nfs < 10k
IGN4.7 ~ 30k

Wow, very bad sales for Castlevania, they changed the formula too much and people did not liked the final result I guess.

Otakumegane said:
VGKing said:
Otakumegane said:
VGKing said:

The Vita's not being sold at a profit. (Well maybe in NA with the yen drop, but still unlikely)

They never stated this, and I believe they were going for a "Razor and blades" approach, taking a moderate loss on the hardware and making up with Vita card sales. The only thing Sony said was that Vita would be profitable after 3 years. That means they were taking a loss at launch, can't imagine the component prices dropped that quickly.

I don't want this to be discontinued, but Sony's been taking losses for a long time, and PS4 is looking also to be sold at a loss for a couple of years. PS4 and Vita (with price cut maybe) losses over the next couple years are going to add up.

All AAA development on PS4 currently just screams that we won't be seeing much of Sony 1st party on Vita after the fall titles. They might just be getting ready to pull the plug. The holiday months will be telling.

I'm pretty sure Vita is being sold at a profit. It's been a year since launch and I'm pretty sure they weren't taking major losses then either. The 3-year plan probably was talking about the Vita business as a whole and recouping R&D costs. I'm sure Sony is even working on a Slim Vita to bring those costs down and make that price cut happen.