By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 2013 lineup for the 3DS is the best in handheld history. Will sales pick up in the West?

Will the 3DS excellent 2013 lineup hugely boost sales?

Yes, there are major hard... 53 81.54%

Maybe, depends on reviews of the games 8 12.31%

No, handhelds are almost ... 4 6.15%

Total:65

It is a fantastic line up.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
Pokemon is the clear winner out of that list

Pokemon is the clear winner out of any list. Period.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

An absolute quality line-up. Sadly I don't expect anything close for the WiiU before 2015 :(

In the best case Mario Kart U and the new 3D Mario manage to turn the tides this fall, from that point on it will take at least another 2 years before the games will be ready...(just like with the 3DS now...)

just zelda and dk interest me. if it moves or not idk, it seems like the 3ds isnt doing too bad. i think wiiu needs more love though because it becomes less and less relevant as the days go by.

it probably would not be a bad idea to have some sort of cross play with 3ds and wiiu either since there is already an install base for the 3ds, it could push a couple more units to what it is now which is a joke.

It's a rediculously good lineup. The timing is good as well, as if you look at previous Nintendo handhelds they seem to start a year later and last a little longer in the west. So we should see DS die out and stop taking sales from 3DS. The double wammy of New Legend of Zelda and Pokemon at Christmas should be massive. Animal Crossing in the west and MH4 in Japan... it should be a record year for 3DS. Hell, I never wanted a handheld again but seeing 2D Zelda makes me reconsider...

Around the Network

Hey what about mario partY?

Massive hype.

Favorite handheld ever confirmed.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Not doubting any of those are good games, but the only system sellers in the West are Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Pokemon is THE system seller though, so yes, sales will increase quite a bit.

It definitely is a great line up. Nintendo is doing a fantastic job with it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It probably won't match the DS in 2006...

...but it has a shot!