By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 14 Wii U version not included in initial line-up, maybe FIFA 13.5 instead

curl-6 said:
Nem said:
Why is anyone surprised about EA games not coming out on the Wii U?!

Hello?! Nintendo showed them the middle finger when they wanted to force origin on the Wii U and they are pissed off. Dont expect ANY EA game to come out on the Wii U anymore. Only chance starts again in 1.5 to 2 years because its when the new management will impact development.

Need for Speed Most Wanted U?

Yes and Mass effect. The ones that are too late to cancel get released.

Around the Network

Wait until E3.I am sure they will anounce a next gen version too for both PS4 and X Box 720 and maybe Wii U.

If they don't bring FIFA, which is still releasing on the PS2, then I don't know what to believe.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

No WiiU version because EA is blacklisting Nintendo. I don't understand why this is still a mystery to people.

Is it normal not to reveal Nintendo multi-platform titles with the rest. Aren't Nintendo's CoD also announced months afterwards? Wasn't Ubisoft's Splinter Cell revealed after the others?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I saw an article on 4gamer that states FIFA 14 will be releasing on PS3/Xbox360/PSP/PS Vita. If the vita part is true, then not releasing on Wii U would have nothing to do with number of hardware sold. EA probably won't support Wii U until it has a large install base.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/212/G021239/20130417082/

I think Nintendo is pulling a Diva on most developers, and demanding a separate announcement for the Wii U versions of multiplats to embellish the Wii U only features that other versions can't offer.

Either that, or their relations with 3rd parties are really deep down in the toilet.

Wii U got FIFA 13 so I don't see what the problem is here. Maybe PS4/720 versions took priority? The game is bound to be there at launch for these consoles and it has a bigger audience.

superchunk said:
No WiiU version because EA is blacklisting Nintendo. I don't understand why this is still a mystery to people.

What did Nintendo do to piss off one of the largest video game publshisers in the world?

VGKing said:
superchunk said:

What did Nintendo do to piss off one of the largest video game publshisers in the world?

EA was initially jazzed about Wii U because they were working on a plan with Nintendo whereby EA would power the fledgeling Nintendo Network, and according to rumor, Nintendo did not like the terms EA set for that (namely that Origin would be the sole provider for all Nintendo online games) and pulled out, which made EA get all pissy and either dilute support (like the kick in the teeth that was the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3) or drop it altogether.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.