By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Game of the Series - (God of War)

Favourite Game of the Series

God of War I 23 11.00%

God of War II 34 16.27%

God of War: Chains of Olympus 2 0.96%

God of War III 91 43.54%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 15 7.18%

God of War Ascension 14 6.70%

See the results 30 14.35%

Total:209

Because of the multiplayer, and combat mechanics, I give my vote to Ascension.

Around the Network

GOW: Ghost of Sparta for me. Mainly cause of Kratos brother.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Would like to add that even though I totally digg the MP in Ascension => Even that doesnt save Ascension from being up there with the three console games in my opinion.

Looks like God of War III will win no contest here but hopefully Ascension overtakes God of War I and II

ascension... only aspect i favour less than GoW 3 in terms of sp is the story... then there's the mp that still has me playing even though i beat the game weeks ago

Around the Network

I voted for GoW 2. I enjoyed it the most, even though I'm not a huge fan of the series.

God of War III (10/10) > God of War II (10/10) > God of War: Ghost of Sparta (9.5/10) > God of War (9.5/10) > God of War: Ascension (9/10) > God of War: Chains of Olympus (8.5/10).

If I were to rate the PSP games as PSP games instead of comparing them to their big brother console iterations, God of War: Ghost of Sparta gets a 10/10 & God of War: Chains of Olympus gets a 9/10.

I rate out of 10 on a 20 point scale, a.k.a. in 0.5 increments. God of War is my favourite franchise ever, just hope God of War IV can top God of War III. I'm confident that it will be, God of War: Ascension was just a great experiment which Sony Santa Monica can learn from to make God of War IV as good as possible. And I have a feeling that aiding other developers with their games and making a new IP at the same time as making GoW:A is why it wasn't as good as it could've been. Hopefully Sony Santa Monica can just focus on God of War IV and their new IP from now on.

tontus said:
God of War III (10/10) > God of War II (10/10) > God of War: Ghost of Sparta (9.5/10) > God of War (9.5/10) > God of War: Ascension (9/10) > God of War: Chains of Olympus (8.5/10).

If I were to rate the PSP games as PSP games instead of comparing them to their big brother console iterations, God of War: Ghost of Sparta gets a 10/10 & God of War: Chains of Olympus gets a 9/10.

I rate out of 10 on a 20 point scale, a.k.a. in 0.5 increments. God of War is my favourite franchise ever, just hope God of War IV can top God of War III. I'm confident that it will be, God of War: Ascension was just a great experiment which Sony Santa Monica can learn from to make God of War IV as good as possible. And I have a feeling that aiding other developers with their games and making a new IP at the same time as making GoW:A is why it wasn't as good as it could've been. Hopefully Sony Santa Monica can just focus on God of War IV and their new IP from now on.

In my opinion if the story is equilvent to God of War III and the MP and the gameplay is similar to what it was in God of War Ascension than God of War IV could be the best game ever. But God of War Ascension is more of a spin off than a prequel and for some reason people don't understand that... SSM only released God of War Ascension to experiment with the MP (Which in my opinon was fucking brilliant!) and in that context God of War Ascension is a sucess. But with the same amount of replay value as Ascension and the story of God of War III...the franchise will be reaching new heights for sure.

Ghost of Sparta was amazing. Best in the series.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

God of War 3 with Ascension being a close second to me.