By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Game of the Series - (God of War)

Favourite Game of the Series

God of War I 23 11.00%

God of War II 34 16.27%

God of War: Chains of Olympus 2 0.96%

God of War III 91 43.54%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 15 7.18%

God of War Ascension 14 6.70%

See the results 30 14.35%

Total:209

Ghost of Sparta is ahead of Ascension now :(

Around the Network

Dafuq is up with Halo on the first few pages? Confusing a bit. Anyway ... Ascension. I don't play these games for story, and the gameplay is banging. Multiplayer is awesome. I'd put GOW 3 and Ghost of Sparta right after.

dsage01 said:
tontus said:
God of War III (10/10) > God of War II (10/10) > God of War: Ghost of Sparta (9.5/10) > God of War (9.5/10) > God of War: Ascension (9/10) > God of War: Chains of Olympus (8.5/10).

If I were to rate the PSP games as PSP games instead of comparing them to their big brother console iterations, God of War: Ghost of Sparta gets a 10/10 & God of War: Chains of Olympus gets a 9/10.

I rate out of 10 on a 20 point scale, a.k.a. in 0.5 increments. God of War is my favourite franchise ever, just hope God of War IV can top God of War III. I'm confident that it will be, God of War: Ascension was just a great experiment which Sony Santa Monica can learn from to make God of War IV as good as possible. And I have a feeling that aiding other developers with their games and making a new IP at the same time as making GoW:A is why it wasn't as good as it could've been. Hopefully Sony Santa Monica can just focus on God of War IV and their new IP from now on.

But God of War Ascension is more of a spin off than a prequel and for some reason people don't understand that... SSM only released God of War Ascension to experiment with the MP)

I know but it bums me out :P. I remember before the reveal of Ascension. I was like OMG GOW4 GOW 4 OMG ITS HAPPENING!!TEASER!!

..Ascension.

Dafuq? :P

Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
tontus said:
God of War III (10/10) > God of War II (10/10) > God of War: Ghost of Sparta (9.5/10) > God of War (9.5/10) > God of War: Ascension (9/10) > God of War: Chains of Olympus (8.5/10).

If I were to rate the PSP games as PSP games instead of comparing them to their big brother console iterations, God of War: Ghost of Sparta gets a 10/10 & God of War: Chains of Olympus gets a 9/10.

I rate out of 10 on a 20 point scale, a.k.a. in 0.5 increments. God of War is my favourite franchise ever, just hope God of War IV can top God of War III. I'm confident that it will be, God of War: Ascension was just a great experiment which Sony Santa Monica can learn from to make God of War IV as good as possible. And I have a feeling that aiding other developers with their games and making a new IP at the same time as making GoW:A is why it wasn't as good as it could've been. Hopefully Sony Santa Monica can just focus on God of War IV and their new IP from now on.

But God of War Ascension is more of a spin off than a prequel and for some reason people don't understand that... SSM only released God of War Ascension to experiment with the MP)

I know but it bums me out :P. I remember before the reveal of Ascension. I was like OMG GOW4 GOW 4 OMG ITS HAPPENING!!TEASER!!

..Ascension.

LOL same here... but even then God of War: Ascension is my favourite God of War game...but God of War 4 is gonna be possibly one of the best games ever...if it still has Kratos

dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
tontus said:

..Ascension.

LOL same here... but even then God of War: Ascension is my favourite God of War game...but God of War 4 is gonna be possibly one of the best games ever...if it still has Kratos

Omg wtf ur signature!! Copy the pics so they are visibile to others and not URLs :D

Around the Network
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
tontus said:

..Ascension.

Omg wtf ur signature!! Copy the pics so they are visibile to others and not URLs :D

You were the one that gave me that signature ( I lost the bet) and I think the time required to put that on is over.

dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
tontus said:

..Ascension.

You were the one that gave me that signature ( I lost the bet) and I think the time required to put that on is over.

;_; but you nevah showed teh pics only urls XD

Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
dsage01 said:
tontus said:

..Ascension.

;_; but you nevah showed teh pics only urls XD

I had to put the links of the pic not the actual pic. It didn't work for some reason. But anyway I'll find a new one in a couple days

God of War: Ascension has the best gameplay and graphics, but GOW3 is still the best. It was just too damn epic.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

God of War II was perfect, had the best combat and puzzles, by far the best in the series, the atmosphere and the story took a turn for the best. It improved on everything God of War 1 did, and God of War 3 devolved the franchise into a basic brawler with shitty and far too few between puzzles. (have yet to play GOW: Ascension so i cant comment on that one)