By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets it's 5th 10 million seller!!!

NYCrysis said:

Ok you can interpret my post as a retard but etho claimed that cod was a bigger franchise as FACT which can't be proven as FACT since we havn't had a gta game since 2008.  Also you can call my stuff as evidence but I never claim things that I think are true as facts they are merely my analasys from what I hear and see.

Sorry but CoD is a bigger franchise than GTA... it is a fact... more money, more sales, more everything else.... over 40 million players in the MP.

There aren't one evidence that contest this fact...

CoD IS (FACT) THE BIGGEST VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE OF THE HISTORY!!! BIGGER THAN MOVIES LIKE HARRY POTTER AND STAR WARS!!!

I really can't understand how can anybody deny that fact because even non-gamers analist already accepted this fact.

Are you talking about others franchises?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

Ok you can interpret my post as a retard but etho claimed that cod was a bigger franchise as FACT which can't be proven as FACT since we havn't had a gta game since 2008.  Also you can call my stuff as evidence but I never claim things that I think are true as facts they are merely my analasys from what I hear and see.

Sorry but CoD is a bigger franchise than GTA... it is a fact... more money, more sales, more everything else.... over 40 million players in the MP.

CoD IS (FACT) THE BIGGEST VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE OF THE HISTORY!!! BIGGER THAN MOVIES LIKE HARRY POTTER AND STAR WARS!!!

I really can't understand how can anybody deny that fact because even non-gamers analist already accepted this fact.

Mario is the biggest videogame franchise in history. You can't beat 500 Million game sales ever. Then pokemon which has a franchise sales of over 220 million games. 

NYCrysis said:

Mario is the biggest videogame franchise in history. You can't beat 500 Million game sales ever. Then pokemon which has a franchise sales of over 220 million games.

Nothing per interaction and if you just account the main game (no spin offs)... in revenue than it is crushed.

I love Mario and it is more influencial for the industry than CoD will ever be but CoD is the biggest franchise game in the history.

ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

Nothing per interaction and if you just account the main game (no spin offs)... in revenue than it is crushed.

I love Mario and it is more influencial for the industry than CoD will ever be but CoD is the biggest franchise game in the history.

so using your logic Videogame HISTORY = this gen only? You said fact cod is the biggest franchise in history which is not true at all. Mario this gen alone ds/3ds/wii has destoryed call of duty in sales. 

ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

main games:

super mario bros: 40 million

new super mario bros for ds and wii a combined: 55 million

super mario world and land a combined: 38 million

super mario 64 and bros 3: 28 million

mario galaxy 1 and 2: 15

That's not all of them and that's over 161 million units sold, which is what Cod has sold

Sorry but you need to do research before making baseless claims.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

We can deny it because its just not true.

It is true guys... I'm defending CoD... I even don't care about that.

But a fact is a fact... you can hate the CoD but no other franchise in the history became so huge than CoD.

CoD is one of the biggest (not only videogame) entertainment franchise of the history... and it just needed one decade to do that.

Can you see why Wii is still the king of the last generation? Nintendo the best developer in the world?
xbox360 has just two 10+million sellers, and unlike the PS3 at least 1 is first party game.
Nintendo has 9 games on that list, all of them first party games.
I don't want to troll other companies, I just would like people to look at Nintendo as how it is. They are a great company, that make the best games in the video game industry.
they deserve more from western publishers.

Majora said:
ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

We can deny it because its just not true.

But it is right now. Mario has the highest total sales, but Mario is not bigger than Call of Duty right now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

You also need to accept the fact that Mario is an exclusive, while COD is offered an all 3 consoles every gen, with a yearly release. 

You will have to look at the percentage of sold games per iteration. Then you will see which one is the best.