By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets it's 5th 10 million seller!!!

outlawauron said:
Majora said:
ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

Ok you can interpret my post as a retard but etho claimed that cod was a bigger franchise as FACT which can't be proven as FACT since we havn't had a gta game since 2008.  Also you can call my stuff as evidence but I never claim things that I think are true as facts they are merely my analasys from what I hear and see.

Sorry but CoD is a bigger franchise than GTA... it is a fact... more money, more sales, more everything else.... over 40 million players in the MP.

There aren't one evidence that contest this fact...

CoD IS (FACT) THE BIGGEST VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE OF THE HISTORY!!! BIGGER THAN MOVIES LIKE HARRY POTTER AND STAR WARS!!!

I really can't understand how can anybody deny that fact because even non-gamers analist already accepted this fact.

Are you talking about others franchises?

We can deny it because its just not true.

But it is right now. Mario has the highest total sales, but Mario is not bigger than Call of Duty right now.

It isn't. It's Mario followed by Pokemon. The proof comes not only from sales but revenue and cultural impact. 

Around the Network

I see Grand Theft Auto IV getting to 10 million shortly before the release of V. I also think this holiday season we will see Gran Tursimo V reach 10 million as well.

Majora said:
outlawauron said:
Majora said:
ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

Ok you can interpret my post as a retard but etho claimed that cod was a bigger franchise as FACT which can't be proven as FACT since we havn't had a gta game since 2008.  Also you can call my stuff as evidence but I never claim things that I think are true as facts they are merely my analasys from what I hear and see.

Sorry but CoD is a bigger franchise than GTA... it is a fact... more money, more sales, more everything else.... over 40 million players in the MP.

There aren't one evidence that contest this fact...

CoD IS (FACT) THE BIGGEST VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE OF THE HISTORY!!! BIGGER THAN MOVIES LIKE HARRY POTTER AND STAR WARS!!!

I really can't understand how can anybody deny that fact because even non-gamers analist already accepted this fact.

Are you talking about others franchises?

We can deny it because its just not true.

But it is right now. Mario has the highest total sales, but Mario is not bigger than Call of Duty right now.

It isn't. It's Mario followed by Pokemon. The proof comes not only from sales but revenue and cultural impact. 

Mario and Pokemon currently bring more revenue than Call of Duty? lol...

On top of selling ~30 million copies a year, the Call of Duty series is making massive money from DLCs and Call of Duty Elite. In terms of revenue Call of Duty is not only the biggest video game franchises right now but also the biggest entertainment piece.

So now biggest = most revenue? Cut the bs please.

Suke said:
.....Not to be a troll ....but this is just depressing :(

This is actually true.

Around the Network

Because no one finds this list strange.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

NYCrysis said:
So now biggest = most revenue? Cut the bs please.

It's always been.

Blahh Uncharted 2 & 3 should be up there along with LittleBigPlanet! Not COD! Although I think the next ten mil will be GTA5

PlaystaionGamer said:
Blahh Uncharted 2 & 3 should be up there along with LittleBigPlanet! Not COD! Although I think the next ten mil will be GTA5

GTAIV in September and GT5 in November... quote me later

Ha I figured they would all be CoD before I clicked the thread.

Nice to see so much success for it. Haters gonna hate and speak ignorance about rehashes and what not, but it's a high quality franchise with a lot of work put in and the success shows it.