By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets it's 5th 10 million seller!!!

arminuk said:
JayWood2010 said:

PS3 gots it's 4th 10 million seller this week with Call of Duty Black Ops. Congrats to the PS3.  When will it get it's 5th?

1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PS3 2011 Shooter Activision 5.47 4.71 0.47 2.02 12.67
2 Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 2010 Shooter Activision 5.68 3.97 0.47 1.79 11.91
3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PS3 2009 Shooter Activision 4.85 3.37 0.38 1.53 10.13
4 Call of Duty: Black Ops II PS3 2012 Shooter Activision 4.24 3.74 0.45 1.59 10.00

Nothing if you compare it to Xbox 360 lol

You know if you give one more year to PS3 it will have the same number of 10 million sellers than 360 it is almost identical one exclusive (Halo 3 / GT5) and GTAIV.

Around the Network

Just to guys here understand how CoD is HUGE.

I considerer Mario one of the biggest franchise ever created in videogames... CoD in 7 years is close to sell the same amount of games that Mario sold in 30 years.

Another comparison? GTA is huge too and CoD sold over twice in 7 years what GTA sold in 10 years.

No franchise ever did what CoD did on the game market... the gap sales/revenue is not even close... is really out of proportions.

I just don't get it at all.

I'm one of the very few out of everyone on my Friend List that doesn't play MW3, or Black Ops 2 everyday.

I have a copy of MW3, but the game is old now.. lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ethomaz said:

I considerer Mario one of the biggest franchise ever created in videogames... CoD in 7 years is close to sell the same amount of games that Mario sold in 30 years.

Another comparison? GTA is huge too and CoD sold over twice in 7 years what GTA sold in 10 years.

No franchise ever did what CoD did on the game market... the gap sales/revenue is not even close... is really out of proportions.

but thing is that cod rehashes every year. GTA if rehashed would have destroyed cod this gen.

NYCrysis said:

but thing is that cod rehashes every year. GTA if rehashed would have destroyed cod this gen.

False... GTAIV sold way less than MW2, MW3, BLOPS and BLOPSII for example.

There are a motive to the first four games in the TOP in PS3 and 360 list be CoD games and not GTAIV.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

GTA doesn't come out a new game every year...but mark my words GTA V will CRUSH EVERYTHING this year. And GTA IV is undertracked on this site as well.

ethomaz said:

NYCrysis said:

False... GTAIV sold way less than MW2, MW3, BLOPS and BLOPSII for example.

There are a motive to the first four games in the TOP in PS3 and 360 list be CoD games and not GTAIV.

GTA 4 is undertracked and it didn't come out on holiday season...plus during that time the PS3 was a flop and there was a much smaller userbase for PS3/360

So the guys here thinks GTA V will outsell every CoD already released.

Laugh... maybe next gen.

dsage01 said:
GTA 4 is undertracked and it didn't come out on holiday season...plus during that time the PS3 was a flop and there was a much smaller userbase for PS3/360

GTA IV is undertracked 5 milion in this site? That is the difference for the CoD games I listed.

Call of Duty is a bigger franchise than GTA today... that is a fact.

ethomaz said:
dsage01 said:

GTA IV is undertracked 5 milion in this site? That is the difference for the CoD games I listed.

Call of Duty is a bigger franchise than GTA today... that is a fact.

NOT fact. Most of my cod friends are switching to battlefield and getting gta v. If bo2 was any indication, then cod is on a downhill. Most people I know are way more excited for the next gta. COD has gotten WAY TOO stale.