By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Following Twitter Tirade, Microsoft Creative Director Adam Orth No Longer With Microsoft

Is that where that meme came from? Huh.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
So he resigned yet people are saying MS fired him.. Geez people read..

LOL, I'm sure it's completely his decision. Probably just wants to spend more time with his family. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Everyone seems to think this is too harsh. I totally don't. You'd have to be an idiot to use Twitter like this when you work for a major company. And mostly, he just seems like a huge douche, and I'm of the opinion that douches don't deserve a thing. Just look at the last few tweets in that screencap. The guy deserves to be fired, and shat on by a sick orangutan to boot.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

DerpSandwich said:
Everyone seems to think this is too harsh. I totally don't. You'd have to be an idiot to use Twitter like this when you work for a major company. And mostly, he just seems like a huge douche, and I'm of the opinion that douches don't deserve a thing. Just look at the last few tweets in that screencap. The guy deserves to be fired, and shat on by a sick orangutan to boot.

Orth wasn't fired, he resigned. Microsoft probably forced him to do it for the sake of press. I doubt he's going to walk away without some sort of padding. I know everyone believes justice was served but his guilt will only be public, with American corporations whatever truly went down is private. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DerpSandwich said:

Orth wasn't fired, he resigned. Microsoft probably forced him to do it for the sake of press. I doubt he's going to walk away without some sort of padding. I know everyone believes justice was served but his guilt will only be public, with American corporations whatever truly went down is private. 

When the last time you read about a director being fired.  Its rare when that happens.  Instead the majority of the time the person is given the choice to resign because it allows that person to not have that on their record.

Anyway, as I stated in other threads posting anything MS related is grounds for termination within MS policy.  Maybe if this did not blow up like it did, he would just be slapped on the wrist and media blackout but once this stuff went national, it was pretty much a done deal.  It would be sad if the guy was just joking around, forgot how people are starving for Info on MS next xbox and this whole thing turned into a monster.  As each site picked this up he probably was already packing his stuff at the MS office.

Around the Network

Stop defending this guy! MS did the right thing in firing him, no question about it. There is NO reason NOT to fire him. Wouldn't you fire a gamestop employee if he/she went way out of line and started insulting costumers? Not only did he insult people, but he indirectly commented on an unannounced product. I don't feel pity on his sorry ass, he got what he deserved! It doesn't matter if he's got wife and kids, what he did is not acceptable.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

If the nextbox doesn't require a always on connection now, then Microsoft fans will probably have to thank him for that.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

No sympathy for the guy really. He was trolling.

If people haven't learned that Twitter is a public forum then they are idiots and even if it was meant as some private trolling. If you don't want it to be a headline don't put it on Twitter.

If he did put that stuff on Twitter knowing it would get out into the public then he's purposely trolling the Xbox fans, which if there's a sackable offence at MS for public stupidity it would be to troll the people who are a revenue source. If he was trolling Sony or PS4 or Wii U he would have got a promotion. People gotta know you don't shit in your own nest.

If he was pushed, it had nothing to do with getting fanboys in a lather and everything to do with potentially costing MS some revenue.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Sucks to see that happen.

He worked for MS so he was a representative of MS. Going on the internet and fighting with idiots angry over rumors is not the best way to represent MS.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Darc Requiem said:
bananaking21 said:
congratulations people because he told some guy to "deal with it" on twitter the guy lost his job, and his career is fucked up. im sure his family thinks this guy got what he deserves and is very happy with the situation. what a jerk...

It's seems a number of people here don't understand rules of employment. You can't go into a public forum and chastise it's consumer base and expect there to be no repercussions. What he did was stupid and I can't see how he didn't think he'd be canned for it.  I've had a quite a few employers that have you sign paperwork saying in short "I will not publically embarrass my employer, and doing so is grounds for termination."

if it werent for the huge backlash from people on twitter about what he said he probably wouldnt have lost his job. is what he did stupid? yes, because he should have known how people can react to the slightest thing. does he deserve to be fired over this (IMO)? no