By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Following Twitter Tirade, Microsoft Creative Director Adam Orth No Longer With Microsoft

kain_kusanagi said:
Let me get this straight.

A guy jokes with a buddy on twitter.

Fanboys go ape shit.

He explains it was in jest.

Fanboys continue to go ape shit.

He get's fired because fanboys went ape shit.

Fanboys will continue to go ape shit.

His life and the world would be a lot better if everyone would just ignore stupid fanboys and their stupid fanboy rants.

the question is whether he was let go because of the jokes or because he gave away company secrets...

Around the Network

Man, feel bad for him. Prolly gonna be tough landing another job after those tweets as well, ruined his entire career. Ouch.

kitler53 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
bananaking21 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Fanboys go ape shit.

His life and the world would be a lot better if everyone would just ignore stupid fanboys and their stupid fanboy rants.

i mean who cares if the guy is married or not? or if he has kids right? he said something on twitter. he should be put in prison

Yeah, the plastic boxes sitting next to our TV's are the only things that matter in the world and we should all take comments about them as peronaly as attacks on our character.

Cut out his tongue and throw him in the viper pit!  May he burn in hell for all eternity and his family suffer for his sins.

Adam Orth feared not the fanboy pox and it consumed him. Let he be a lesson to all who might challenge the will of the great and powerfull Fanboy!

stop being naive.  this has nothing to do with fanboys.

as a publicly known employee of MS he made a public comment about an MS product and directly insulted a portion of the MS consumer base.

..i don't know what MS does but i have yearly (online) training specifically to learn not to do stupid shit like this.  had i done anything similar i would be fired, guaranteed.

He never used the word Xbox or even eluded to the next Xbox. He also didn't insult anyone with a sense of humor.

The ONLY reason it got out of hand was because fanboys blew it out of proportion as if he confirmed rumors, which he didn't.

Of course employees need to be carefull what they say on the internet, but the guy didn't say anything that reasonable person would bother to repeat. It's the fanboys who took what he said and ran with it to the point that MS had to respond. Now the poor guy is out a job because some people take fanboy console wars too seriously.

kain_kusanagi said:
kitler53 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
bananaking21 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Fanboys go ape shit.

i mean who cares if the guy is married or not? or if he has kids right? he said something on twitter. he should be put in prison

Yeah, the plastic boxes sitting next to our TV's are the only things that matter in the world and we should all take comments about them as peronaly as attacks on our character.

Cut out his tongue and throw him in the viper pit!  May he burn in hell for all eternity and his family suffer for his sins.

Adam Orth feared not the fanboy pox and it consumed him. Let he be a lesson to all who might challenge the will of the great and powerfull Fanboy!

as a publicly known employee of MS he made a public comment about an MS product and directly insulted a portion of the MS consumer base.

..i don't know what MS does but i have yearly (online) training specifically to learn not to do stupid shit like this.  had i done anything similar i would be fired, guaranteed.

He never used the word Xbox or even eluded to the next Xbox. He also didn't insult anyone with a sense of humor.

The ONLY reason it got out of hand was because fanboys blew it out of proportion as if he confirmed rumors, which he didn't.

Of course employees need to be carefull what they say on the internet, but the guy didn't say anything that reasonable person would bother to repeat. It's the fanboys who took what he said and ran with it to the point that MS had to respond. Now the poor guy is out a job because some people take fanboy console wars too seriously.

Always-online fanboys or always offline-fanboys?

enditall727 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
kitler53 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
bananaking21 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Fanboys go ape shit.

More like the "anything that makes MS and the Nextbox look bad" fanboys and the "entitled children who jump to conclusions without facts" fanboys. Those fanboys were the problem.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
enditall727 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
kitler53 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
bananaking21 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Fanboys go ape shit.

More like the "anything that makes MS and the Nextbox look bad" fanboys and the "entitled children who jump to conclusions without facts" fanboys. Those fanboys were the problem.

so how do you know that he left MS because of them and not what he was saying on twitter? The sources that posted this never really said that it was a fact did they? It does look more convincing when a guy from the company looks to be defending the rumor

kain_kusanagi said:
kitler53 said:

i would never ever say  the "why would i live there" comment.  but then again, i deal with my customer base daily and i know how to act like a professional.  

It's stupid that people use twitter as a platform to vent their frustration. Any tom, d**k or Harry can go on a rampage on social media sites with little to no repurcussion, but when its someone who's in the spotlight they're fudged. Companies should not have representatives on social media tweeting what ever they want.

MS had to do damage control because he fed the rumors and blew their cover. Now they are back peddling because they know exactly what people dont want.

If I attracted a great deal of negative publicity to my employer, I'd expect to get fired too. I'm not rejoicing that he's been fired, (I still barely know who the guys is) but its kind of how the business world works.