By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Aw, they banned Kwaad

i agree with you john, kwaad isn't that bad really, Hus is the one terrorising everything that's not made by sony.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I haven't been here that long, but he didn't seem mean or offensive to anyone, and he certainly didn't go out of his way to flame anyone.

There was two sides to Kwaad, one where he was reasonable in arguing his point, and an other where he did cross the line just to tick people off. Personally the only thing that annoyed me about Kwaad was he always engineered his argument to an unreasonable degree in his favor. For example talking about Nintendo ruining the industry with a lack of deep games. And when it was argued that Zelda was a deep game, he simply exclaimed that he felt Zelda was not deep. Even if you didn't like it, come on, TP was the longest and deepest adventure in the best selling action rpg series of all time, you can just lump it in with Wii Sports as a casual short game. But I'm not getting into that argument just pointing at how one sided he was at times. Hus was definitly more of a problem, he's down right insulting to alot of people that simply gave him respectful answers. I think everyone on this website has been called ignorant by him. Or a kiddie fan. It's like we are here to have enjoyable constructive conversations, not to be insulted.

Either way I'm not longer weighing in on mods descisions, they get hammered either way for there work and that's not fair. Bans don't last forever, at least not the first one, so consider these people warned.

I try to like Kwaad, but he just makes it so damn hard.  One moment, you can have a decent, rational discussion with him and then the next, he's twisting facts and perverting logic.

Hus on the other hand, rot in ban hell.

Phalanx said:

I try to like Kwaad, but he just makes it so damn hard. One moment, you can have a decent, rational discussion with him and then the next, he's twisting facts and perverting logic.

Hus on the other hand, rot in ban hell.

Lol, this pretty much sums it up.  This thread can now be locked.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Yeah, Hus was just a straight-up troll, but Kwaad could be kinda acceptable when he was using real logic instead of baseless nonsense.

However, as a former moderator at a site far, far worse than this (in terms of troll:user ratio), I approve of the mods' decisions.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

This was all ioi, but I agree with it.  I was surprised to see him banned, considering he had just made a couple reasonable posts, but he does also mess things up a lot...a week ban is fine with me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

johnlucas said:

You guys didn't have to ban Kwaad. He was like a Cheers regular. I'm gonna miss the guy. Can you give him one more chance? But folks don't get sucked into his obvious "S" disturbing. Just put down a reasonable reply and move on.Like I said we gotta remember some of us posters here are children & teenagers. They might not have the experience to know how to discuss civilly. We have to teach them this. (Well Kwaad was low 20 something but that's college age so it still sort of applies)

Free James Brown?

Free Kwaad. Who's with me?

Seriously, just give him another chance. It's just not the same without the green elf.

John Lucas

John, just a little background here.

Kwaad was banned a month ago, when he was, just like now, partially contributing, but partially making threads to incite flames (IE Trolling) and then IN said threads, admitting he made those threads in order to "conduct an experiment".

This time around, i have issue with his How Nintendo, thread. It is Patently obvious he started it in jest, in order to start another flamewar, and then on Page (2 i think) he makes 2 posts, stating "When i was younger i used to start fires" and "I love starting Fires" indicating he KNEW that the thread he had started, was for nothing more than to Fan the Flames, so to speak.

Thjis SHOULD be his second strike, and in MY opinion, his negative contributions, far outweigh the meagre positive he throws in as token contributions only.

Kwaad has an agenda here, and we are allowing him to further it.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

This is Kwaad's hero speaking. I personally think that Kwaad makes this site fun. At least he puts lots of effort into his posts, even the ridiculous ones, unlike other peeple....cough...Hus...cough. Many of the posts that happen on this site are a result of him. A permaban would be a mistake.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

If he continues causing more Harm than Good, then no, a permaban would NOT be a mistake.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play