By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter On Next-Gen. NeXbox and Sony will be a success, WiiU crappy product

DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:

I don't even think Wii U has reached 4m yet... It's around 3m, or there about. Maybe they've shipped 4m, but that's not the same thing as selling 4m.

I'd like for you to take a look at the statistics in this thread, in the OP: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151051 comparing Wii U sales with those of PS360. As of last week PS3 sold more than Wii U in tha same time span. And it looks like Wii U very shortly will fall behind X360 sales as well. While the launch was great, the subsecuent sales of Wii U has been terrible. Had it maintained the momentum of the launch I'm sure Wii U would have sold 15m within the first year, but that's not gonna happen if this continue.

It's just about 3 million now. Anyways my point is that it's taking a fraction of the time despite Home Consoles having a smaller market then Handhelds, as the DS & 3DS & PSP has shown.

And the fact that the Wii U is outselling the Vita every week, including Euroasia by itself says a lot. Clearly games are holding it back, but luckily theres Wii Fit U & Wii Party U & the long awaited Pikmin 3 & new Wario, will help bring it back but those won't come out for some time.

Actually, the DS and PSP sold about 225m together, while PS360Wii has sold about 250m, which means that home consoles are a bigger market...

I wouldn't bet that those games will move a lot of units. They'll definetly move SOME units, but not a crazy lot. Pikmin is a small franchise (relatively) selling about 2m at most up to now, and Wii Fit probably won't take away in the same way the original Wii Fit did, and I doubt Wii U Party will do a hell of a lot either... Wii U is in a grimm place right now, and it won't get much better until Fall and Holiday season. Wii U will very soon be selling less than PS360 in tha same amount of time.

I mean individually, because Sony & Microsoft don't make money off the competitions Hardware selling, and same goes for Nintendo & Sony.

The DS sold almost as many as the PS2 with a fraction of the time. The PSP reach 70 million before the 360 did.

Sony only makes money from Sony Hardware & Microsoft only makes money from Xbox Hardware & Nintendo only makes money from Nintendo Hardware.

And not everyone who buys 1 Home Console buys another, let alone the small percentage that actually owns all 3 Home Consoles. You got to remember that each company needs to make money for itself to survive.

I agree that Wii Fit U won't move hardware as fast and maybe also not as much as the Wii Fit did, but you can expect the majority percentage who got Wii Fit to get Wii Fit U, and the Wii was so successful that that's plenty of Hardware that needs to be move, since no one is going to see Wii sales in Home Consoles probably never again.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:

The Vita took more then a year to sale 4 million, while the Wii U has only taken several months to sale 4 million.

During the same point of life spam the Wii U has sold at least as much as the ps3 & 360, so by your logic it will be just as successful as the PS3/360.

Wii U is at least several months away from hitting 4 million.  It's also less about absolute sales, and more about sales trends.  The same thing happened with the 3DS.  People took the DS's slow start as evidence that the 3DS would continue to outpace the DS.  However, now the DS is gaining by the hundreds of thousands per week when you align the weeks.

The Wii U has already sold 3 million and only needs 10 or more weeks to 4 million, unless it gets a boost in sales which that would only speed up the process to happen in a shorter amount of time.

The 3DS is getting Animal Crossing New Leaf this June 9th 2K13 which will skyrocket sales because a lot of other gamers like that game. And then the 3DS will get Batman Arkham Origins Part 2 this October which will be overshadow by Pokémon X & Y in the same month to skyrocket sales more then ever before because it's the first 3D Graphic main Pokémon (JRPG) game, plus you can catch a wild Pikachu and there's a new form of Mewtwo and so much more.

JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
dsgrue3 said:
"Having Skype on TV in the living room is a killer app. It will give parents a reason to adopt it. Kids will use it as an argument to buy the xbox."

Can't help but laugh as I shake my head at this.

yeah I can do skype on my computer and it works fine.  I can also do it on any mobile device or do facetime.  I can also hook up my computer to the TV with HDMI and enjoy that.  Don't see how it's a killer app.

Do you think kids parents plug their computer into the TV.  Stop thinking like a hardcroe gamer for once and look at this from a real world's perspective.

my dad does it just fine and he never plays games and is 55

Now tell me how the other 6.4 billion people do it?  Let's be honest here.  Most people doesnt even know you can plug your computer into your TV.  Second off most people doesnt want to drag their desktop to their TV.

well there's this brilliant invention called a laptop that was just invented so you don't have to drag a desktop to your tv.  Last I heard more than a few people had them.  Basically every kid I know knows how to do this and a good number of parents and it's not normally because they're gamers (showing vacation photos and such).  Also it's "don't want to" not "doesn't want to" but that's irrelevant.

ONce again because you can does that mean people know you can? ( You seem to be ignoring that part)  Stop thinking like you are a typical person who walks into a store and buys an xbox. And once again people are not going to want to take their laptops plus cords every where they go to plug int into your TV.  That is a hassle.  When you have something that is always connected to your TV like the Xbox is it will be a press of a button to reach Skype.

it's one cord.  It's about the same difficulty as plugging in your charge cable to your laptop on one end and the outlet on the other.  I'm not forgetting that part I keep repeating that most of the typical people you're talking about can do this.  I know because I know a lot of non gamers.  Did you even read my post?  Heck even my cousins from Mississippi who don't know crap about tech were showing us their vacation photos by hooking up a laptop to the TV.  Yeah it's more convenient but I'm not going to call it a "killer app" when most people who would be interested in a game console would know how to do this.  Maybe instead of saying of saying that I'm ingnoring a part you should actually read what I'm saying.  Just a thought.

We are going to see eye to eye on this. And no not exactly.  Not everybody can just plug it into the front of their TV.  Some TV's has it in the back or the top, etc.People may have to manuever around to even access the HDMI port due to their entertainment centers or maybe they have it on a wall mount.  Tons of variables.  I was a computer technician to a pretty big company and I've dealt with typical users.  They know nothing about technology beyond turning it on and accessing what they have to use.

jay i dont want to be rude but i someone cant plug one cord from the pc to the tv why would you think the can plug the xbxo to the tv :D

also its easier to a older-nontech person to just dobleclick in a pc or laptop

Pachofilauri said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
JayWood2010 said:
platformmaster918 said:
dsgrue3 said:
"Having Skype on TV in the living room is a killer app. It will give parents a reason to adopt it. Kids will use it as an argument to buy the xbox."

Can't help but laugh as I shake my head at this.

yeah I can do skype on my computer and it works fine.  I can also do it on any mobile device or do facetime.  I can also hook up my computer to the TV with HDMI and enjoy that.  Don't see how it's a killer app.

Do you think kids parents plug their computer into the TV.  Stop thinking like a hardcroe gamer for once and look at this from a real world's perspective.

my dad does it just fine and he never plays games and is 55

Now tell me how the other 6.4 billion people do it?  Let's be honest here.  Most people doesnt even know you can plug your computer into your TV.  Second off most people doesnt want to drag their desktop to their TV.

well there's this brilliant invention called a laptop that was just invented so you don't have to drag a desktop to your tv.  Last I heard more than a few people had them.  Basically every kid I know knows how to do this and a good number of parents and it's not normally because they're gamers (showing vacation photos and such).  Also it's "don't want to" not "doesn't want to" but that's irrelevant.

ONce again because you can does that mean people know you can? ( You seem to be ignoring that part)  Stop thinking like you are a typical person who walks into a store and buys an xbox. And once again people are not going to want to take their laptops plus cords every where they go to plug int into your TV.  That is a hassle.  When you have something that is always connected to your TV like the Xbox is it will be a press of a button to reach Skype.

it's one cord.  It's about the same difficulty as plugging in your charge cable to your laptop on one end and the outlet on the other.  I'm not forgetting that part I keep repeating that most of the typical people you're talking about can do this.  I know because I know a lot of non gamers.  Did you even read my post?  Heck even my cousins from Mississippi who don't know crap about tech were showing us their vacation photos by hooking up a laptop to the TV.  Yeah it's more convenient but I'm not going to call it a "killer app" when most people who would be interested in a game console would know how to do this.  Maybe instead of saying of saying that I'm ingnoring a part you should actually read what I'm saying.  Just a thought.

We are going to see eye to eye on this. And no not exactly.  Not everybody can just plug it into the front of their TV.  Some TV's has it in the back or the top, etc.People may have to manuever around to even access the HDMI port due to their entertainment centers or maybe they have it on a wall mount.  Tons of variables.  I was a computer technician to a pretty big company and I've dealt with typical users.  They know nothing about technology beyond turning it on and accessing what they have to use.

jay i dont want to be rude but i someone cant plug one cord from the pc to the tv why would you think the can plug the xbxo to the tv :D

also its easier to a older-nontech person to just dobleclick in a pc or laptop

That isnt the problem.  The problem is you only have to plug the Xbox up once.  It is made for TV.  A notebook on the other hand is not made for tv and people are lazy are not going to want ot plug it into the tv everytime.

Anyways ive stated before very few people actually use this method.

Man, this guy is insane. I don't get why people, all the time, doubt Nintendo. They try to be different and I respect that alot. The Wii U isn't an excellent system but like wine, it'l only gets better with age.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

The Wii U has already sold 3 million and only needs 10 or more weeks to 4 million, unless it gets a boost in sales which that would only speed up the process to happen in a shorter amount of time.

The 3DS is getting Animal Crossing New Leaf this June 9th 2K13 which will skyrocket sales because a lot of other gamers like that game. And then the 3DS will get Batman Arkham Origins Part 2 this October which will be overshadow by Pokémon X & Y in the same month to skyrocket sales more then ever before because it's the first 3D Graphic main Pokémon (JRPG) game, plus you can catch a wild Pikachu and there's a new form of Mewtwo and so much more.

At last weeks sales rate, it would take 24 more weeks to pass the 4 million mark, for a total of 44 weeks.  That's a far cry from "several months".

As for the 3DS, it is at 2.5 million this year.  In comparison, the DS did 5.8 million in the same time frame in 2007.  The DS went on to sell 29.5 million that year.

For the week ending April 7, 2007 the DS sold 389,805.  That more than triple what the 3DS did last week.  The DS only dipped below 389k twice for the rest of the year.  It's unlikely that Animal Crossing or Pokemon will have this impact when NSMB, Mario Kart, Brain Training, Nintendogs, and 3D Mario didn't do it.

Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:

I don't even think Wii U has reached 4m yet... It's around 3m, or there about. Maybe they've shipped 4m, but that's not the same thing as selling 4m.

I'd like for you to take a look at the statistics in this thread, in the OP: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151051 comparing Wii U sales with those of PS360. As of last week PS3 sold more than Wii U in tha same time span. And it looks like Wii U very shortly will fall behind X360 sales as well. While the launch was great, the subsecuent sales of Wii U has been terrible. Had it maintained the momentum of the launch I'm sure Wii U would have sold 15m within the first year, but that's not gonna happen if this continue.

It's just about 3 million now. Anyways my point is that it's taking a fraction of the time despite Home Consoles having a smaller market then Handhelds, as the DS & 3DS & PSP has shown.

And the fact that the Wii U is outselling the Vita every week, including Euroasia by itself says a lot. Clearly games are holding it back, but luckily theres Wii Fit U & Wii Party U & the long awaited Pikmin 3 & new Wario, will help bring it back but those won't come out for some time.

Actually, the DS and PSP sold about 225m together, while PS360Wii has sold about 250m, which means that home consoles are a bigger market...

I wouldn't bet that those games will move a lot of units. They'll definetly move SOME units, but not a crazy lot. Pikmin is a small franchise (relatively) selling about 2m at most up to now, and Wii Fit probably won't take away in the same way the original Wii Fit did, and I doubt Wii U Party will do a hell of a lot either... Wii U is in a grimm place right now, and it won't get much better until Fall and Holiday season. Wii U will very soon be selling less than PS360 in tha same amount of time.

I mean individually, because Sony & Microsoft don't make money off the competitions Hardware selling, and same goes for Nintendo & Sony.

The DS sold almost as many as the PS2 with a fraction of the time. The PSP reach 70 million before the 360 did.

Sony only makes money from Sony Hardware & Microsoft only makes money from Xbox Hardware & Nintendo only makes money from Nintendo Hardware.

And not everyone who buys 1 Home Console buys another, let alone the small percentage that actually owns all 3 Home Consoles. You got to remember that each company needs to make money for itself to survive.

I agree that Wii Fit U won't move hardware as fast and maybe also not as much as the Wii Fit did, but you can expect the majority percentage who got Wii Fit to get Wii Fit U, and the Wii was so successful that that's plenty of Hardware that needs to be move, since no one is going to see Wii sales in Home Consoles probably never again.

I thought we were talking about how big the handheld market is in relation to the home consoles? Maybe I simply misunderstood.

In fact, I think you've lost me totally... I'm not sure what we're discussing anymore =/ I thought we were talking about how the WIi U was faring in regards to PS3 and X360? Or something?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:

At last weeks sales rate, it would take 24 more weeks to pass the 4 million mark, for a total of 44 weeks.  That's a far cry from "several months".

As for the 3DS, it is at 2.5 million this year.  In comparison, the DS did 5.8 million in the same time frame in 2007.  The DS went on to sell 29.5 million that year.

For the week ending April 7, 2007 the DS sold 389,805.  That more than triple what the 3DS did last week.  The DS only dipped below 389k twice for the rest of the year.  It's unlikely that Animal Crossing or Pokemon will have this impact when NSMB, Mario Kart, Brain Training, Nintendogs, and 3D Mario didn't do it.

By 2007 the DS had been out for 3 years, while the 3DS has only been out for 2 years. So you have to use DS during 2006 by April.

DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:

I thought we were talking about how big the handheld market is in relation to the home consoles? Maybe I simply misunderstood.

In fact, I think you've lost me totally... I'm not sure what we're discussing anymore =/ I thought we were talking about how the WIi U was faring in regards to PS3 and X360? Or something?

Yes.

The Wii U compare to the PS3

And the Wii U compare to the 360.

Which is why I said individual comparisons, but yeah, I choose the wrong choose of words for what I was trying to say.

Kaizar said:

By 2007 the DS had been out for 3 years, while the 3DS has only been out for 2 years. So you have to use DS during 2006 by April.

The 3DS has been out around

25 months in Japan
24 months in NA
24 months in Europe

At the start of April 2007 the DS had been out

28 months in Japan
28.5 months in NA
25 month in Europe

Doesn't that seem more equivalent than 16/16.5/13 months?