By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: give the Wii U time.

MegaDrive08 said:
Thing is if Sony or Microsoft came out with a gamepad controller first with off screen play you know damn well the Sony and Microsoft fans would say it's amazing and the best thing since sliced bread, but its a gimmick because it's a Nintendo console, the U is a cracking console and half the people who talk crap about it haven't even touched the thing, maybe I'm old school but i couldn't care less about all these fancy features I buy a games console to play games, nothing else.

its so easy to make baseless accusations.

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
Euphoria14 said:
JakDaSnack said:
Miyamoto is absolutely right, but the wiiU also needs games. Tablets don't have buttons and analog sticks, the vita won't be bundled with every ps4. The wiiU will essentially have no competition, they just need to show the consumer that it's worth buying. And until new games come out, it's really not worth buying.

Tablets do not need buttons and sticks to make use of the features the gamepad would have incorporated if it added features other than off-TV play. Tablets can easily replicate the Map/Inventory style we have been seeing so far.

Other than off-TV play, what features of the touchscreen will require buttons? I am going to guess "none".

You haven't played nintendoLand, ZombiU or the raymon demo have you?  Please go play those games before making idiot comments k?

in NintendoLand, a 5th player uses the gampad to play as the "villain" like the ghost, or the guards.  while you may be able to play the ghost without buttons, the guards would be near impossible because you need 2 analog sticks, and your fingers would get uncomfortable without being able to use the back ZR/ZL buttons.  ZombiU uses the gamepad as an inventory as well as the main controller, but the difference is that you are not safe while using your inventory, you also use it for sniping and using turrets.  These are features that would be impossible for a tablet, unless you like set the tablet down, and constantly switched between a dual analog and tablet.  But that would be just terrible.....In Raymon, the single player mode has u switching between using buttons and using the touchscreen constantly as well.

These are just he beginnings, you are making an argument with no backbone because the only way your argument works, is if you have NO IMAGINATION.  This is just the beginning, if the DS was able to create hundreds of amazing games that utilizes buttons and a touchscreen and 2 screens, the wiiU can do just the same.

I would argue back and attempt proper debate, but the fact you go straight into insults shows me you're not worth the effort.

Spend a little more time in the VGC community and learn how to debate in a respectable manner and then we can try this again.

Your arguments are valid, but your presentation is lacking.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

sales2099 said:
Nintendo acts like MS and Sony can't release a peripheral in the future to compete......

But what they don't acknowledge is that the more time goes by, the more dated the WiiU will look by comparison. This aint like the Wii, where casuals didn;t care about graphics......WiiU is for core gamers, and in a couple years it will allready look ancient compared to PS4/Xbox

This is how I feel about the issue really. Smart glass and Vita for the win.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Euphoria14 said:
JakDaSnack said:
Euphoria14 said:
JakDaSnack said:
Miyamoto is absolutely right, but the wiiU also needs games. Tablets don't have buttons and analog sticks, the vita won't be bundled with every ps4. The wiiU will essentially have no competition, they just need to show the consumer that it's worth buying. And until new games come out, it's really not worth buying.

Tablets do not need buttons and sticks to make use of the features the gamepad would have incorporated if it added features other than off-TV play. Tablets can easily replicate the Map/Inventory style we have been seeing so far.

Other than off-TV play, what features of the touchscreen will require buttons? I am going to guess "none".

You haven't played nintendoLand, ZombiU or the raymon demo have you?  Please go play those games before making idiot comments k?

in NintendoLand, a 5th player uses the gampad to play as the "villain" like the ghost, or the guards.  while you may be able to play the ghost without buttons, the guards would be near impossible because you need 2 analog sticks, and your fingers would get uncomfortable without being able to use the back ZR/ZL buttons.  ZombiU uses the gamepad as an inventory as well as the main controller, but the difference is that you are not safe while using your inventory, you also use it for sniping and using turrets.  These are features that would be impossible for a tablet, unless you like set the tablet down, and constantly switched between a dual analog and tablet.  But that would be just terrible.....In Raymon, the single player mode has u switching between using buttons and using the touchscreen constantly as well.

These are just he beginnings, you are making an argument with no backbone because the only way your argument works, is if you have NO IMAGINATION.  This is just the beginning, if the DS was able to create hundreds of amazing games that utilizes buttons and a touchscreen and 2 screens, the wiiU can do just the same.

I would argue back and attempt proper debate, but the fact you go straight into insults shows me you're not worth the effort.

Spend a little more time in the VGC community and learn how to debate in a respectable manner and then we can try this again.

Your arguments are valid, but your presentation is lacking.

What insults? I said you made an "idiot comment" I did not say "you" were an idiot.   Anyways, if you are not willing to debate, that's fine, but please, don't make false accusations like that.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Max King of the Wild said:
MegaDrive08 said:
Thing is if Sony or Microsoft came out with a gamepad controller first with off screen play you know damn well the Sony and Microsoft fans would say it's amazing and the best thing since sliced bread, but its a gimmick because it's a Nintendo console, the U is a cracking console and half the people who talk crap about it haven't even touched the thing, maybe I'm old school but i couldn't care less about all these fancy features I buy a games console to play games, nothing else.

no its not...

what where the comments when move and kinect came out?

Around the Network

I thought PS4 games had the possibility of being streamed via gaikai.

So, if you own a PS4 and don't wan't to play on the TV, do it on your PC screen or tablet. At least that is what I understood from the sony conference.

MegaDrive08 said:

The same happened when Sony launched PSMove, and MS launched Kinect. In just one minute motion controls went from "meh" to "awesome", specially among magazines and websites editors. At that time Nintendo already had the MotionPlus available and people were saying that it was useless.

Weedlab said:
sales2099 said:
Nintendo acts like MS and Sony can't release a peripheral in the future to compete......

But what they don't acknowledge is that the more time goes by, the more dated the WiiU will look by comparison. This aint like the Wii, where casuals didn;t care about graphics......WiiU is for core gamers, and in a couple years it will allready look ancient compared to PS4/Xbox

This is how I feel about the issue really. Smart glass and Vita for the win.

But there´s a difference.... in order to do the trick people would need a second device (smartglass) or a second console (Vita). WiiU does that with only one device. Will people be willing to pay for a second device to use off-screen play on PS4 and Xbox720 ?

Pachofilauri said:
MegaDrive08 said:

no its not...

yes, it is.

The comments were pretty universially that both peripherials sucked and would both flop. I bought the move thinking it would get stronger support with better games than it did and other than the sports game I think it pretty much sucks balls.

Pachofilauri said:
MegaDrive08 said:

no its not...

yes, it is.

The comments were pretty universially that both peripherials sucked and would both flop. I bought the move thinking it would get stronger support with better games than it did and other than the sports game I think it pretty much sucks balls

Both were extremely hyped around media at the time of their launch.