By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: give the Wii U time.

Pachofilauri said:
oniyide said:
Pachofilauri said:
Max King of the Wild said:
MegaDrive08 said:
Thing is if Sony or Microsoft came out with a gamepad controller first with off screen play you know damn well the Sony and Microsoft fans would say it's amazing and the best thing since sliced bread, but its a gimmick because it's a Nintendo console, the U is a cracking console and half the people who talk crap about it haven't even touched the thing, maybe I'm old school but i couldn't care less about all these fancy features I buy a games console to play games, nothing else.

its so easy to make baseless accusations.

no its not...

what where the comments when move and kinect came out?

the comments were that they worked better than Wiimote and they did at that. YOu cant sit there and say that the wiimote was accurate cause it  wasnt. Motion+, we all know how much support that got, so much support. Should have been there day 1. Very few were praising Move or Kinect because they were from SOny or MS, they were praising it cause the damn things actually worked.

but thats not the point, the wiimote before the motion+ was worst than move. But the wiimote did well with zelda wii sports metroid and redsteel, and both sony and MS fans claim it sucked beacause its nintendo no because the wiimote was not so accurate.

No it didnt, TP was terrible with motion controls, Metroid was a FP game so that relied more on pointer controls more than motion, Red Steel was terrible. You must be thinking about the sequel which had to use motion+ and the difference is night and day. Pretty much any game that relied on a lot of movement sucked pre motion+ on Wii, I would ask you to name me some that didnt, but the fact you even brought up Red Steel 1 tells me you just had lower expectations or didnt mind. fair enough, to each his own. 

Find me a link where someone from either camp said that wiimote sucked JUST cause it was from Nintendo. That is baseless and doesnt even make any sense. They most likely said it sucked because Ninty, quite frankly made a half assed product. Not because it was JUST Nintendo.

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
NintendoPie said:
Vinniegambini said:
NintendoPie said:
Thanks for starting the obvious, Miyamoto. Obviously it'll take some time for the Wii U to shine. But, if you want the Wii U to shine, you at least have to put some effort into it. Time won't take care of everything.

Please understand.

Iwata: *Laughs*

Reggie: My body is ready

Viper1 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

''The Wii U’s use of an integrated second screen poses a notable threat to Microsoft and Sony’s rival machines.

You already lost me on that first sentence. The Playstation/Xbox demographic aren't interested in gaming on a touch screen device.

That's because the article linked in was from MCV rather than CNN where the actual interview took place.     CNN nor Miyamoto never said anything about the compeition.  MCV added their own commentary for hits.

Really? Man that's pathetic, people will do anything for a few clicks these days i guess.

RenCutypoison said:

They already tried dual screen, and only one game really used it for gameplay (No, for real gameplay, not just showing the map)

It was called The World Ends with You and didn't sell a million.

You can make as much innovation as you want, one game designer out of thousands will use it.

Wii u second screen won't do anything, except showing the inventory. And well, I think we can live without it.

Edit : Plus, any tablet / smartphone / Vita could do the trick.

Your comments prove that you do not own or have used a Wii U.

The best thing for me with the second screen has been two player games each with their own screen.  I HATE SPLIT SCREEN....it's so "last gen".

btw...the responce time of using any tablet/smartphone/Vita make it hard to use them for anything more than a map screen.  Try using an item next time before bashing on it, otherwise, it makes you look childish.

Stop hating and start playing.

JakDaSnack said:
NintendoPie said:
Vinniegambini said:
NintendoPie said:
Thanks for starting the obvious, Miyamoto. Obviously it'll take some time for the Wii U to shine. But, if you want the Wii U to shine, you at least have to put some effort into it. Time won't take care of everything.

Please understand.

Speaking of Reggie, he's been awfully quiet lately....

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Viper1 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

''The Wii U’s use of an integrated second screen poses a notable threat to Microsoft and Sony’s rival machines.

You already lost me on that first sentence. The Playstation/Xbox demographic aren't interested in gaming on a touch screen device.

That's because the article linked in was from MCV rather than CNN where the actual interview took place.     CNN nor Miyamoto never said anything about the compeition.  MCV added their own commentary for hits.

Really? Man that's pathetic, people will do anything for a few clicks these days i guess.

I always advise people to click through to original sources if the posted article was not the original.  Video game journalism (of which I'm often times ashamed of  my association) tends to be the worst offenders of headline baiting and subjective editorializing in news.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Find me a link where someone from either camp said that wiimote sucked JUST cause it was from Nintendo. That is baseless and doesnt even make any sense. They most likely said it sucked because Ninty, quite frankly made a half assed product. Not because it was JUST Nintendo.

my first experience with wii sports i just waggled and flickd the mote while sitting down and hit homeruns almost each time or a highspeed pitch. i thought it was pretty lame. but i still bought a wii. so obviously i didnt hate it because it was nintendo. 

so obviously agree with you. 

oniyide said:
Pachofilauri said:
oniyide said:
Pachofilauri said:
Max King of the Wild said:
MegaDrive08 said:
Thing is if Sony or Microsoft came out with a gamepad controller first with off screen play you know damn well the Sony and Microsoft fans would say it's amazing and the best thing since sliced bread, but its a gimmick because it's a Nintendo console, the U is a cracking console and half the people who talk crap about it haven't even touched the thing, maybe I'm old school but i couldn't care less about all these fancy features I buy a games console to play games, nothing else.

its so easy to make baseless accusations.

no its not...

what where the comments when move and kinect came out?

the comments were that they worked better than Wiimote and they did at that. YOu cant sit there and say that the wiimote was accurate cause it  wasnt. Motion+, we all know how much support that got, so much support. Should have been there day 1. Very few were praising Move or Kinect because they were from SOny or MS, they were praising it cause the damn things actually worked.

but thats not the point, the wiimote before the motion+ was worst than move. But the wiimote did well with zelda wii sports metroid and redsteel, and both sony and MS fans claim it sucked beacause its nintendo no because the wiimote was not so accurate.

No it didnt, TP was terrible with motion controls, Metroid was a FP game so that relied more on pointer controls more than motion, Red Steel was terrible. You must be thinking about the sequel which had to use motion+ and the difference is night and day. Pretty much any game that relied on a lot of movement sucked pre motion+ on Wii, I would ask you to name me some that didnt, but the fact you even brought up Red Steel 1 tells me you just had lower expectations or didnt mind. fair enough, to each his own. 

Actually I've been playing Wii Sports and it's use of the wiimote is still remarkable good.  Godfather, Scarface, Bully all had great use of motion that enhanced gameplay.  Dewy's Adventure, Elebits, Let's Tap, Zack & Wiki, Mercury Meltdown, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Tiger Woods (better with MW+).  Early FPSs were poor but starting the MoH: Heroes2 they improved dramatically.   I love how it was used in Tomb Raider: Anniversary and put to excellent use in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.    There were lots, but also, lots of not-so-good use.

BuckStud said:
JakDaSnack said:
NintendoPie said:
Vinniegambini said:
NintendoPie said:

Please understand.

Speaking of Reggie, he's been awfully quiet lately....

He's probably embarrased that the 3ds is selling better in Japan than America.

Something...Something...Games...Something

The game pad is great and very unique, i think in time it will catch on. Off tv play to me is such a useful option, simple idea, yet effective.Both Sony and Microsoft are going to be busy fighting each other for marketshare again and Nintendo will do their thing. I like that, why do we want 3 identical consoles? Nintendo set themselves apart from the others and try to explore different opportunities in the market,whilst appeasing the Nintendo crowd. This is what Nintendo do now, if they follow suite and have specs and features similar to MS and Sonys consoles, certain gamers still wouldnt give them the time of day.