By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone developer 'PS4 has no performance bottlenecks'

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:

Tech demos? I don't know if there really is a way to "measure" efficiency but Guerilla Games said no perforance bottlenecks and I have no reason to not believe them. I would love for someone to elaborate on exactly what no performance bottlenecks actually means. Seems like this would be the only way to shut people up. What was said in this interview is very vague and some people are obviously misinterpreting it.

""We've got the right amount of memory, video card; everything's balanced out. It was a very conscious effort to make sure that – with the speed of the memory, the amount of compute units, the speed of the hard drive – there would not be any bottlenecks.""

This is word per word what he said.

Or to shut you up... Yes, it is word per word what he said. Usual PR stuff to convince people how awesome the PS4 supposedly is. But as you said: you believe them, others don't. Let's keep it at that.

How is this usual PR stuff? He actually goes into detail as to HOW PS4 is efficient and what makes it different from your average PC.

Yes, goes into detail when saying we put things together. Very detailed indeed. Even the speed of the hard-drive, that's epic.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
curl-6 said:
LivingMetal said:
J_Allard said:
They did say it. It's right there in the PR. Real time graphics comparable to movie-quality 3D graphics. So they are not only referring to Toy Story, but any other movie.

I mean, what if LeBron James said this years Heat was the best team ever. And then someone writes an article saying the LeBron thinks the Heat are better than the 96 Bulls. Wouldn't it be silly for someone to sit and defend LeBron saying "oh man he never said 96 Bulls!!"

Yes he did, he said best team ever. Which includes those Bulls. Sony said real time graphics comparable to movies. Which includes Toy Story.

Anyway this is not really on topic so I am going to stop replying but people are right to call out Sony for that, just like you can call MS out for the exact same thing and hell even the same movie franchise.

You must be reading another press release than the one you just posted because Sony never mentioned in-game graphics. They said "The quality of the resulting screen image..."   They didn't say  "The quality of the resulting gameplay footage..."  Don't tell me I'm going off topic when you gave your fellow Xbox supporter a free pass for going off topic, first.  And I wasn't faulting Microsoft for making the Toy Story graphics claim.  I was only showing that people need to be consistant when making certain claims.  Dont blame me for someone else using an erroneous claim while I used facts to support my point.

Oh please, it's obvious what they were suggesting, don't try to split hairs. They bullshitted. Like many companies do to promote their products. Not saying that's what happening here, this seems to be more a case of PR talk not to be taken literally; what they seem to mean is that they haven't run into a bottleneck yet.

Most every game on a particular console is going to look different depending on how resources are utilized.  As I mentioned earlier, the tech demos can be argued to resemble Toy Stoy graphics, but the actual in-game graphics (finally revealed when showcased much later) are going to fall short because of resource allocation.  Not spliting hairs, just using common sense.

I don't care how you allocate resources, PS2 simply cannot produce anything CLOSE to Toy Story graphics in real time.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
nothing new, i just like the view

Absolutely stunning, looks way better than Crysis 3. The art direction in Crysis 3 didn't amaze me, the actual features in it did, but overall the the weak direction in my opinion didn't make it graphics king for me.